Source: Frazier next Bills HC

buffalo1983

Looks like once the Vikings are eliminated from the postseason, Frazier will be the next HC of the Buffalo Bills. From a Source coming from Terry Long. Terry use to work for Yahoo Sports,ESPN and even Sirius Radio.

The source also told him that a "handshake" deal is in place.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like once the Vikings are eliminated from the postseason, Frazier will be the next HC of the Buffalo Bills. From a Source coming from Terry Long. Terry use to work for Yahoo Sports,ESPN and even Sirius Radio.

If true, it's a typical uninspired hire at a time when the franchise is at a crossroads and cannot afford another blunder. This guy seems like more of a Jauron clone tha say a Mike Tomlin. Be ready for the "He's the guy we targeted all along" presser from Nix. Garbage. The Tampa 2 only works with exceptional athletes. Newsflash: we don't have them. This team needs to go to a 3-4 and stock up on LB's . Then get a true noseman. It will take far too long for this team to be any good running a cover 2 scheme. We need new players at almost every position in the front 7 to be effective. Get Harbaugh. At least he's been a head coach at some level and turned around a joke of a college program.

B.S. Not saying this is not true, but from a public relations disaster, the Bills have to interview one more person even if it is Wayne Fontes so that fans don't perceive the Shottenhiemer rejection today as "settling". C'mon folks this is like a presidential campaign, do you think they go through with this after today?

I'm not saying we don;t hire Frazier but I guarentee we interview more coaches so that we give the impression we canvassed everyone we could, rather than just who would interview.

Ball Hawk

True enough. Words to live by but just passing what was said. Just like anyone would post if they seen something online. :blink:

How come this is not being reported by any national or local media? You would think Mr. Long would be eager to have his name back in the press if he had a reliable source. I'm sure he is guessing like the rest of us. It looks like he is going to be our coach considering no one other the Perry has interviewed and no one else wants to interview with us.

If true, Brandon better be a marketing genius because it's gonna get ugly. Not that Frazier is bad candidate, he just got put in a terrible position, with the Cowher talk and other possiblities.

How come this is not being reported by any national or local media? You would think Mr. Long would be eager to have his name back in the press if he had a reliable source. I'm sure he is guessing like the rest of us. It looks like he is going to be our coach considering no one other the Perry has interviewed and no one else wants to interview with us.

If true, Brandon better be a marketing genius because it's gonna get ugly. Not that Frazier is bad candidate, he just got put in a terrible position, with the Cowher talk and other possiblities.

Well if their isn't anyone else out there that wants the job,then their is nothing you can really do. Nobody wants to come here and they really don't have many to pick from. I wish someone like Cowher would come here but what can you do. All we can hope is for some coach's to come here and turn this team around and hopefully others will look at us in a different way. All we can do is just HOPE!

If true, it's a typical uninspired hire at a time when the franchise is at a crossroads and cannot afford another blunder. This guy seems like more of a Jauron clone tha say a Mike Tomlin. Be ready for the "He's the guy we targeted all along" presser from Nix. Garbage. The Tampa 2 only works with exceptional athletes. Newsflash: we don't have them. This team needs to go to a 3-4 and stock up on LB's . Then get a true noseman. It will take far too long for this team to be any good running a cover 2 scheme. We need new players at almost every position in the front 7 to be effective. Get Harbaugh. At least he's been a head coach at some level and turned around a joke of a college program.

Good post. I agree that Harbaugh would be a better hire than Frazier, for the reasons you described.

But better to take the time to completely overhaul and start anew, cause that won't take long at all. Also, Frazier spent 9 years as a successful head coach in the college ranks.

With or without Big Pat and Winfield?

Aside from Bill Polian, letting Pat Williams go was the biggest personnel mistake the Bills have made in the last 25 years IMO. That being said, he'll be 38 next year, and I don't think bringing him or Winfield back improves the team at this point.

Dude, you don't think the 3-4 requires exceptional athletes? This is the NFL. If a team does

not have elite players they don't win. Does not matter what system they happen to run.

And why is Frazier more like Jauron to you? Because he's not spitting at the mouth on the

sidelines? LoL. Come on now. Two different people.

Lets get that bandwagon so damn big we can drive it straight into RWS abd hire him ourselves. I will be left down with anyone other than Harbaugh...

Dude clearly wants to move to the NFL, but his only choice would be Buffalo this year.... and we are too dumb to even interview him :blink::lol:;):wallbash:

Lets get that bandwagon so damn big we can drive it straight into RWS abd hire him ourselves. I will be left down with anyone other than Harbaugh...

Dude clearly wants to move to the NFL, but his only choice would be Buffalo this year.... and we are too dumb to even interview him :blink::lol:;):wallbash:

Harbaugh claims he broke his hand punching Jim Kelly's fat noggin. Now that Kelly is Ralph Wilson's official rah-rah, pom-pom B word, I think you guys need to put the Harbaugh talk to bed........zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The source also told him that a "handshake" deal is in place.

A second source from the grassy knoll said that Ralphie had his fingers crossed.

But better to take the time to completely overhaul and start anew, cause that won't take long at all. Also, Frazier spent 9 years as a successful head coach in the college ranks.

Rational fans know that there isn't a lot of time for this franchise to construct a winner. ATL, MIA, and BAL all went near worst to first in their division in one season from 07 to 08. (BAL was a WC)

Frazier's time as a HC in the college ranks was at...wait for it....Trinity University, which is an NAIA school. He wasn't coaching Ohio State or Florida or Oklahoma and getting big time experience.

I don't think the fans want to watch another complete rebuild after 10 years of failure. We've seen that twice already this decade. Even if they don't advertise it, knowledgeable fans can easily spot a rebuild.

Rational fans know that there isn't a lot of time for this franchise to construct a winner. ATL, MIA, and BAL all went near worst to first in their division in one season from 07 to 08. (BAL was a WC)

Frazier's time as a HC in the college ranks was at...wait for it....Trinity University, which is an NAIA school. He wasn't coaching Ohio State or Florida or Oklahoma and getting big time experience.

I don't think the fans want to watch another complete rebuild after 10 years of failure. We've seen that twice already this decade. Even if they don't advertise it, knowledgeable fans can easily spot a rebuild.

Unfortunately it matters not what we want. It is Pretty sad when another poster mentions Dennis Green and I seriously contemplate the idea. Lowered Ex--pect--ta-a-tions!

Unfortunately it matters not what we want. It is Pretty sad when another poster mentions Dennis Green and I seriously contemplate the idea. Lowered Ex--pect--ta-a-tions!

Dennis Green career coaching record: 117–102–0 (Overall)

Not the end of the world, actually.

Better than many past choices the Bills have made.

While most fans want to see Cowher be the guy, the fact is, there are guys who have never been head coaches in the NFL who will be very good head coaches when they get the chance. Frazier might be one of those guys if hired. We don't know. Problem is that 10 years of losing and living through the Williams/Malarkey/Jauron years mean that a guy like Frazier will be judged before he holds his first minicamp.

While most fans want to see Cowher be the guy, the fact is, there are guys who have never been head coaches in the NFL who will be very good head coaches when they get the chance. Frazier might be one of those guys if hired. We don't know. Problem is that 10 years of losing and living through the Williams/Malarkey/Jauron years mean that a guy like Frazier will be judged before he holds his first minicamp.

Of course we all want to see Bill Cowher as our headcoach, but lets face it, he is NOT coming here. I think we all can agree on that. The team is a mess from top to bottom. Bill doesn't want to deal with that. So it will be up to a

lesserknown guy to come in and make his mark. We have put ourselves in this position because of a decade of just horrible season after horrible season with terrible personel decisions. We can only hope that the guy we bring in as THAT GUY!! But regardless of who is our coach, we need to start bringing in some solid winning potential star type players. Most won't be stars, but we have to build a team of very good players. We have not had that since the 90's. It will be a very difficult but not impossible task. We can only hope that our next coach seriously has a plan to make this an NFL team. And I would think to do that at least 40% of the team has to turn over. I will support any Bills head coach until he proves me wrong. Everyone of us owes him at least that much.

You're kind of blurring two issues here; first off, no defense works well without good athletes (and I agree that we don't have enough of them). Secondly, cover 2 is about having the safeties play deeper, one on each side of the field. This part of the scheme is something the Bills executed EXTREMELY well this year (were 1st or 2nd most of season in passer efficiency rating defense). There is nothing written in stone saying a cover 2 has to be with a 4-3 or 3-4 front, and there is no requirement that the D has small players, like Jauron and Fewell wound up putting on the field this year (perhaps it is over this issue that Nix views Frazier as an upgrade over Fewell). It IS necessary to have one LB on the field who can cover the middle of the field as well as a DB, but most teams regardless of scheme try to have a guy like that out there, anyway.

I've posted before on Harbaugh; I saw enough of him the last couple years that I can say with conviction that he is a much better recruiter and motivator than game coach. He makes strange decisions, and IMO we'll be better off if he stays where he is.

Was Marv Levy an inspired hire when the move was made? Was Joe Torre an inspired hire in NY when it happened? Give the guy a chance- you can win without getting the guy you have heard of

Here's a hot tip. We won't know jack until it's formally announced.

its like a bunch of ninny's arguing about what dress someone will wear to the oscars...I would ask how many times you all will buy into unsubstantiated posts, but I think I know the answer

Was Marv Levy an inspired hire when the move was made? Was Joe Torre an inspired hire in NY when it happened? Give the guy a chance- you can win without getting the guy you have heard of

Haven't you heard Adam? Frazier, Grimm, B. Schottenhiemer - they're all career losers according to the clairvoyants on this board. What kind of poorly run franchise decides to give a COORDINATOR, of all people, the chance to become a head coach?!?!

I tell you what type of franchise! Losing ones like the Steelers and the Dolphins and the Jets and the Falcons and the Ravens and the Bengals and the.....

Oh, you CAN win with a coordinator ( Tomlin, Payton, Fisher, Ryan et al ) I just don't want THAT coordinator. There is nothing innovative or exceptional about him. He runs a defensive system similar to the one we have had crashing failure with for years. The 3-4 is where it's at these days, and an attacking defense is in order. He also has possibly the best D line in football to do it. His manner is similar to Jauron. This franchise needs a new energy, and I don't see this guy as having it. Perhaps Frazier will be a good HC somewhere, but it doesn't look like a good fit here.

Hunh? What are you saying about the Tampa Two and switching to the 3-4? Let me see if I can sum up what you're saying. You're saying:

1) We should switch from the Tampa Two because it only works with exceptional athletes and we don't have them.

2) So we should switch to the 3-4, a defense for which we don't have the athletes.

Hunh?

Every defense only works extremely well with exceptional athletes. Seriously. The 3-4 absolutely requires an exceptional NT and an exceptional pass-rushing OLB. Both guys need to be freaks, and with half the league running the 3-4, all those teams are targeting the same type of athletes that you want us to target.

This does not make a lot of sense.

I won't be against whatever scheme the new guy wants to run. But you can run almost any defense very well indeed if you get some exceptional athletes, and almost no defense well without exceptional athletes. The point is to get some exceptional athletes.