If we could land any available coach...

Coach Du Jour  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Realistic or not, who is your top choice?

• Tony Dungy
    • Bill Cowher
    • Mike Shannahan
    • Jim Haslett
    • Jon Gruden
    • Kevin Gilbride
    • Perry "Fossil" Fewell
    • Marty Schottenheimer
    • Dan Reeves
    • Brian Billick

Guest dog14787

Folks just plain want a hard nosed(and big) in your face, spitting and spewing out foul language when necessary, I'm going to kick your ass from here to eternity type attitude to whip this franchise into shape so RW and all of us Bills fans can see the playoffs before we're all dead and gone and only one man fits that description.

Hire Bill Cowher for the next Buffalo Bills Head Coach and do it now!!!!!

You make the call!

Cowher knows how to build a team and win in our type of weather...Shannahan has a lot of experience in that too...Either one would do the trick, although I voted for Cowher because I think this team needs a serious attitude adjustment, I think Shannahan would make the quickest turn around as he would turn the offense around faster I think which is our biggest problem.

But I would be estatic with either of them

Cowher would be my top choice but only as HC with input into player acquisition. Not as HC/GM. The Bills need a GM regardless of who is hired to coach.

I would have liked it if you put Cowher in the middle of the group so the results would look like Ralph's middle finger to all of us Bills fans.

Picked Cowher, but would be happy with Schottenheimer or Shanahan. I think all 3 are proven winners, regardless of Marty's misfortune in the playoffs, and know what it takes to win in this type of environment. Power running game and solid defense, though Shanny is more offensive minded than the other two.

Cowher would be my top choice but only as HC with input into player acquisition. Not as HC/GM. The Bills need a GM regardless of who is hired to coach.

I agree that whoever we hire as head coach shouldn't get GM powers. They're just not very good GMs.

That said, Brandon had a very good draft earlier this year. I'm not necessarily convinced the Bills need a GM; though I'm open to the idea of upgrading ourselves at that position.

I voted Cowher. By the way, you need to add Dan Reeves to the list. He is a regular on a radio station here in Atlanta and I've heard him state several times that he would like to coach again. If you remember, he almost signed as a consultant with the Cowboys at the beginning of this season.

I voted for Marty only because Dan Reeves wasn't on the list. Denver sucked when he started there and he turned them into a very good team pretty fast. Sure he had Elway, but we'll get somebody. Later the went to Atlanta who sucked and got them to the Super Bowl withing a few years. He is VERY offensive minded. Brings along young QB well (see Elway and Vick) Was OC under Tom Landry. Has participated as player and coach in more Super Bowls than anyone living or dead with 9. He threw a TD pass to Lance Rentzel in the Ice Bowl. And he's not as old as you think. He's 65. What's not to like?

I voted for Marty only because Dan Reeves wasn't on the list. Denver sucked when he started there and he turned them into a very good team pretty fast. Sure he had Elway, but we'll get somebody. Later the went to Atlanta who sucked and got them to the Super Bowl withing a few years. He is VERY offensive minded. Brings along young QB well (see Elway and Vick) Was OC under Tom Landry. Has participated as player and coach in more Super Bowls than anyone living or dead with 9. He threw a TD pass to Lance Rentzel in the Ice Bowl. And he's not as old as you think. He's 65. What's not to like?

Reeves also had done the same thing with the Falcons when they made their SB run 11 years ago.

Another one left out is Jeff Fisher. Personally, I Do Not Like Him because of the throwforward, sending us Gregggg and Eugene Robinson, and our terrible uniforms, not to mention Jerry Grey. Then the fake punt in this years' preseason. Can you say rub the Bills nose in it? Maybe that came from Bud "twofinger" Adams. Clearly, I strongly dislike Oilers/Tennessee ANYTHING.

However, I would not go on a two-week Oxycontin binge if Fisher somehow ended up here.

Iirc Crayonz called it first...

i personally think cowher is a bit over rated. he has one ring and the calls in that game were so heavily skewed in steelers favor it's hard to know who the better team was. the whole game just seem scripted so steelers could win. i in general don't think he did anything particularly imaginative as a coach. or for that matter really had much of an identifiable system.

Not sure why Holmgren is not on this list but he's the one I'd pick. Built two championship calibur teams basically from scratch. Shannahan, while impressive, at least had Elway to start with when he took over in Denver.

My second choice might be Schottenheimer cause any head coach that can have success in Cleveland (which Belichick failed to do) has my vote of confidence.

I voted for Shanahan. Above all, this team's offense needs to be fixed. Mike Shanahan is the one man I trust to do that fixing.
I think most people just don't realize how bad the current Buffalo Bills really is, it needs an identity in the worst way.

Shanahan would bring in the west coast offense he learned under Bill Walsh and crapcan the current offensive playbook, which really needs to happen.

The offense would take longer to develop then the defense, but once finalized it would make the world of difference. Let's not forget that Shanahan used to own the Patriots with that offense :blink:

I would like Cowher or Shanny (in that order) but I voted for Marty, because I think that is exactly the type of middle-of-the-road candidate RW will hire - not another up-and-coming hotshot assistant, but not a big name and high-salary guy.

Either way I am less concerned about who the new HC is and more concerned with the FO getting overhauled. I can stand another hotshot assistant coach getting a shot if he's got a strong football GM and good talent evaluators around him.