Finally .. The Real Problem Comes to Light

Gugny

Trent thinks he was good last year ... ummm, no.

"It's just a matter of taking everything in that you can," he said. "Seeing what Ryan is doing well and trying to learn from him and talking to O-linemen on the side and seeing what calls they like to make. You don't normally get to do that when you're the starter. You see a lot more things when you're sitting on the sidelines. So there are some things I picked up that will hopefully allow me to get back to where I was last season."

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It's just a matter of taking everything in that you can," he said. "Seeing what Ryan is doing well and trying to learn from him and talking to O-linemen on the side and seeing what calls they like to make. You don't normally get to do that when you're the starter. You see a lot more things when you're sitting on the sidelines. So there are some things I picked up that will hopefully allow me to get back to where I was last season."

:worthy:

:worthy:

That' sad. From a guy that usually spews the company line, that actually says a lot. He can't talk to the O-linemen when he's the starter? No wonder they aren't on the same page, he should be talking to everyone. The RB's, WR's, OL and even the defense for suggestions. Yet game after game, you see him on the sideline by himself when not on the field. He's just not a leader, very sad...

What is Edwards talking about now? What does he mean when he says, "You don't normally get to do that when you're the starter." I think the Bills should cut or trade the guy now. Let Fitzy and "The Chroise" finish out this 10th consecutive season of crap, and draft the best rated QB at their number one pick next April, with the contributions of the new head coach and maybe even new front office staff.

Let Trent Edwards go to another team with real coaches who can program into his robot brain real plays, since he obviously has zero ability to make decisions on his own in the NFL. He has to be the most insecure starting QB I have ever watched and listened to as a Bills fan. Sure, some have been out right worse athletes, but this guy won't take the blame for anything he does on the field, and blames everything on everybody else, but quietly and with careful comments. I hate Edwards right about now, and look forward to him being gone in 8 weeks.

Of course, maybe he can come out with guns firing and rise up to the bottom half - ranked QB he finished up as last season, huh?? :D:worthy::worthy:

Everybody chill...I think we're blowing this a tad out of proportion.

"where I was last season" was playing well (not great, but well) and leading the team to wins. I think that's all he meant.

Also, you have to be able to see things differently while on the sidelines. He has the time to look at one aspect of the offense on one play and something different on the next play.

I think that's all he was trying to say. Please don't read into this stuff too much.

"where I was last season" was playing well (not great, but well) and leading the team to wins. I think that's all he meant.

Also, you have to be able to see things differently while on the sidelines. He has the time to look at one aspect of the offense on one play and something different on the next play.

I think that's all he was trying to say. Please don't read into this stuff too much.

Minus the games against teams that ran a 3-4, Cleveland comes to mind. :worthy:

That' sad. From a guy that usually spews the company line, that actually says a lot. He can't talk to the O-linemen when he's the starter? No wonder they aren't on the same page, he should be talking to everyone. The RB's, WR's, OL and even the defense for suggestions. Yet game after game, you see him on the sideline by himself when not on the field. He's just not a leader, very sad...

You are 100 percent correct! And everything has filtered down to the players from jauron.

Maybe it's because it's late in the day, but I'm having a hard time finding the sarcasm in this post. Please tell me it's dripping with sarcasm and that I'm just missing it. And while you're at it, let us all know which team Trent Edwards led to wins.

Seems to me like he could use a vet presence - I have to wonder what AVP was doing for him, if anything.

If Trent can get back to the way he was playing the first 5 games last season, we'll all be happy campers. Id love to see it, but I don't think that is very likely at this point.

If Trent can get back to the way he was playing the first 5 games last season, we'll all be happy campers. Id love to see it, but I don't think that is very likely at this point.

Hopefully the Raiders, Rams both getting ready to fire their coach and jacksonville with no offensive line and seattle without a reciver change their schedules and play us this week :thumbsup:

I know what you are saying, but when I read comments about "the first 5 games of last year" I keep thinking of the Raiders game. The Raiders. The team was in total chaos with the coach and owner stabbing each other in the back. And, they owned the Bills most of the game. Sure, the offense came off snooze-control in the last 4 minutes of the game to mount a furious comeback and all against a dysfunctional team that would fire their HC soon thereafter. But, that game smelled real bad. Not as bad as some clunkers since. But, if Edwards plays like he did then, stick a fork in him and wish him luck in the UFL.

Guest dog14787

Everyone knows fully well our O-line is one of the worse in the league. It wouldn't matter who you bring in to play QB because they will all look like crap, most of you folks do realize as much I would hope.

The only thing that comes to light that you can rely on for sure is that our O-line sucks, everything else is contingent on the O-line so judging the skilled positions playing behind the O-line seems pointless in my opinion.

For Trent to get back to the way he was playing last season the O-line has to perform better and there's no way around it.

Last seasons play is nothing to brag about, but TE has regressed and the O-line is partly to blame. I'm sure the 2nd inexperienced OC promoted up from an already failing offense also contributes to the Bills problems on Offense.

We need a qualified GM...

Everyone knows fully well our O-line is one of the worse in the league. It wouldn't matter who you bring in to play QB because they will all look like crap, most of you folks do realize as much I would hope.

The only thing that comes to light that you can rely on for sure is that our O-line sucks, everything else is contingent on the O-line so judging the skilled positions playing behind the O-line seems pointless in my opinion.

For Trent to get back to the way he was playing last season the O-line has to perform better and there's no way around it.

Last seasons play is nothing to brag about, but TE has regressed and the O-line is partly to blame. I'm sure the 2nd inexperienced OC promoted up from an already failing offense also contributes to the Bills problems on Offense.

Rodgers is playing behind a MUCH WORSE O-line in Greenbay. He does not look like crap!!!! I wonder how many sacks Trent would take behind that Packer line. I would bet many more than Rodgers has.

Hmmm.......... This sounds like the last stand made by the small contingent of JP fans last year. The best thing that can happen to Trent now is actually less playing time. The less he plays the better the chance someone accidentally makes him their backup. Unfortunately for JP this plan wasn't in the cards and he played himself out of the league.

The second best chance he has (it's a longshot) is that dog14787 becomes the coach and GM of a trainwreck NFL team.

Guest dog14787
Rodgers is playing behind a MUCH WORSE O-line in Greenbay. He does not look like crap!!!! I wonder how many sacks Trent would take behind that Packer line. I would bet many more than Rodgers has.

The same Aaron Rodgers that just got pulverized by the lowly Tampa Bay defense, O.K. great example.

Guest dog14787
Hmmm.......... This sounds like the last stand made by the small contingent of JP fans last year. The best thing that can happen to Trent now is actually less playing time. The less he plays the better the chance someone accidentally makes him their backup. Unfortunately for JP this plan wasn't in the cards and he played himself out of the league.

The second best chance he has (it's a longshot) is that dog14787 becomes the coach and GM of a trainwreck NFL team.

Yup, last stand, whatever,

Any starting QB in the league will struggle behind our O-line, does that simple fact just not register with some of you.

Yup, last stand, whatever,

Any starting QB in the league will struggle behind our O-line, does that simple fact just not register with some of you.

I dunno I somehow feel like Rivers,Roethlisburger,Brees,Rodgers, guys like that would still find a way to have success behind our O line. You know guys who are actually ahhh talented. I heard being talented really helps at this whole football thing.

The same Aaron Rodgers that just got pulverized by the lowly Tampa Bay defense, O.K. great example.

You know what, Rodgers was sacked 6 times in that game & was intercepted 3 times but he STILL did not look like crap!! I mean to say by that, that he still looked like a GOOD QB that was playing behind a poor O-line. A QB I would be HAPPY to have as the QB of my team. I would bet there are a number of fans of a number of teams that feel the same way about him. You can not say the same about Trent.

The Bills were lucky they played the Bucs early in the season. Aside from the Pats* game they have been in most of the games they have played & I would not be surprised if they win more games than the Bills.

dear lord....

Guest dog14787
I dunno I somehow feel like Rivers,Roethlisburger,Brees,Rodgers, guys like that would still find a way to have success behind our O line. You know guys who are actually ahhh talented. I heard being talented really helps at this whole football thing.

I heard a good GM and Coaching staff helps at this whole football thing.

Guest dog14787
You know what, Rodgers was sacked 6 times in that game & was intercepted 3 times but he STILL did not look like crap!! I mean to say by that, that he still looked like a GOOD QB that was playing behind a poor O-line. A QB I would be HAPPY to have as the QB of my team. I would bet there are a number of fans of a number of teams that feel the same way about him. You can not say the same about Trent.

The Bills were lucky they played the Bucs early in the season. Aside from the Pats* game they have been in most of the games they have played & I would not be surprised if they win more games than the Bills.

6 sacks and 3 interceptions with a loss to go along with it against one of the worse teams in the league and Rodgers looked like a good QB. Compelling argument that's for sure.( I agree though about one thing, the Bucs have improved)

Is this one of them beauty is in the eye of the beholder things, I think it is...

6 sacks and 3 interceptions with a loss to go along with it against one of the worse teams in the league and Rodgers looked like a good QB. Compelling argument that's for sure.

Is this one of them beauty is in the eye of the beholder things, I think it is...

I think he's more referencing Rodgers 2000+ yards passing and 16 TD's on the season despite being sacked 37 times this year. So basically he's been sacked more times than Edwards and Fitzpatrick combined...yet he's still managd to throw for more TD's and Yards than both of them combined. So yea Rodgers could do some things here. Anybody who's saying he cant is an idiot.

Guest dog14787
I think he's more referencing Rodgers 2000+ yards passing and 16 TD's on the season despite being sacked 37 times this year. So basically he's been sacked more times than Edwards and Fitzpatrick combined...yet he's still managd to throw for more TD's and Yards than both of them combined. So yea Rodgers could do some things here. Anybody who's saying he cant is an idiot.

Anyone who thinks Aaron Rodgers couldn't play much better behind a decent O-line is an idiot.

I heard a good GM and Coaching staff helps at this whole football thing.

This team has so many problems, Trent is just one of many.

That being said...I wouldn't be surprised if they win the next two games (maybe even three) to get everyone excited again and then find away to rip our hearts out one more time this season (Click on link).

Kal-i-ma to you all...

Guest dog14787
So which is it do you like Rodgers or not? Choose a side.

I like a good O-line myself personally, behind one, Rodgers could be an elite QB in this league.

I like a good O-line myself personally, behind one, Rodgers could be an elite QB in this league.

I think we can all agree neither the Pack or the Bills have a good O-line. The point is you said any QB would look like crap behind the Bills O-line. That is just not true. A GOOD QB playing behind a poor O-line will still look like a good QB. Does ANYONE have ANY doubt that Rodgers is a GOOD QB just because he plays behind a POOR line? Despite being sacked 6 times & intercepted 3 times in the game against the Bucs, Rodgers had them in a position to pull out the win up until the last minute of the game.

What is Edwards talking about now? What does he mean when he says, "You don't normally get to do that when you're the starter." I think the Bills should cut or trade the guy now. Let Fitzy and "The Chroise" finish out this 10th consecutive season of crap, and draft the best rated QB at their number one pick next April, with the contributions of the new head coach and maybe even new front office staff.

Let Trent Edwards go to another team with real coaches who can program into his robot brain real plays, since he obviously has zero ability to make decisions on his own in the NFL. He has to be the most insecure starting QB I have ever watched and listened to as a Bills fan. Sure, some have been out right worse athletes, but this guy won't take the blame for anything he does on the field, and blames everything on everybody else, but quietly and with careful comments. I hate Edwards right about now, and look forward to him being gone in 8 weeks.

Of course, maybe he can come out with guns firing and rise up to the bottom half - ranked QB he finished up as last season, huh?? :nana::P:thumbsup:

+1

Guest dog14787
I think we can all agree neither the Pack or the Bills have a good O-line. The point is you said any QB would look like crap behind the Bills O-line. That is just not true. A GOOD QB playing behind a poor O-line will still look like a good QB. Does ANYONE have ANY doubt that Rodgers is a GOOD QB just because he plays behind a POOR line? Despite being sacked 6 times & intercepted 3 times in the game against the Bucs, Rodgers had them in a position to pull out the win up until the last minute of the game.

Even a good QB(one we can both agree on) playing behind a poor O-line still looks bad to me. Yardage doesn't mean anything when you turn the ball over and get sacked numerous times and lose the ball game.

One might say Trent Edwards looked good playing behind a poor O-line against the Pats with the proper game plan. TE in my opinion looked better in the Patriots game then Rodgers did against one of the worse teams in the league, the Bucs.

draft the best rated QB at their number one pick next April, with the contributions of the new head coach and maybe even new front office staff.

Are you sure about this? I've seen two QBs picked in the first round last year this season. We all know what "Sanchize" did against us. And on Sunday I saw Stafford (1st pick in last year's draft) throw 5 interceptions against the 2-5 Seahawks.

I want no part of a first round QB. Too risky. Get a vet and let's get better now. I'm tired of baby sitting snot nose rookie QBs while they "develop" or not.