Crabtree to re-enter draft

He won't fall down to the 5th round, no way, but top 3? His stock can't go up and he wasn't close to top 3 this year. I guess it will be late 1st round to early 3rd round. His attitude is going to scare alot of teams away, as will his inactivity this year. He might go to the Bengals, they are one of the only teams that seem to enjoy drafting head cases and then wonder why it doesn't work out for them.

I believe he meant 3rd round, when he said "top 3". I agree Crabtree will be gone before the end of the third round, and is likely to go in the first somewhere.

I think that would be great, then offer him less than they did this year. I don't see it happening though, it would be like going without a first round pick for a possible second year in a row. Would serve the idiot right though. Could you imagine this overrated in his own mind diva dealing with Mike Singletary? Maybe that is why he doesn't sign, he is scared of that stare that Singletary used to give before a snap.

To be fair, "overrated" may or may not apply here. He has yet to play in the NFL. He might be underrated.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone pays the same in the same scales, i.e if you are earning 100k you'll be paying 33,6% and 41,85% over the respective amounts and 52% over the remainder. Those are still pretty high but do include social insurances; i.e. if you become unemployed you'll receive 70% of your last paycheck for a maximum of 1 year. Also the rent on our mortages are tax deducatable for a percentage equal to the percentage of tax we pay. Net result is that if you are in the highest scale you'll pay a net tax of about 40%.

40% is exorbitant. And that's not inclusive of the VAT, if I'm reading this correctly.

Thataway, Joe. He asks you to investigate and you don't bother, you just fire back with the orthodoxy. There are plenty of places it works very well indeed.

:rolleyes: Yes, in small countries with homogeneous populations with ZERO military expenditure and abundant natural resources.

And even THEN, it requires a criminal redistribution of wealth.

And this will cost him megamillions. If we know this so does he, let alone his agents. Sounds like a substance problem to me.

Not sure what you mean, Bill.

Are you suggesting he knows he will test positive, so is avoiding being tested? That makes some sense, IMO.

Not sure what you mean, Bill.

Are you suggesting he knows he will test positive, so is avoiding being tested? That makes some sense, IMO.

That, or he is an actual addict who simply cannot pass a test. There is no other rational reason that strikes me for this kid to say no to 10 or more million dollars. It is way too clear what he stands to lose.

I believe he meant 3rd round, when he said "top 3". I agree Crabtree will be gone before the end of the third round, and is likely to go in the first somewhere.

To be fair, "overrated" may or may not apply here. He has yet to play in the NFL. He might be underrated.

Since he won't be able to work out for any NFL teams before the draft and they'll have no idea where he is physically I think he'll slip past the first round and maybe to the fourth.

It's going to depend on the WR class next year. There are at least 3-4 teams each year in the 1st round that desperately need a WR, and draft accordingly. My guess (and I don't know the strength of the upcoming 2010 WR class off the top of my head) is that he lands at something like #21 to a team like the Jaguars, Raiders, Bengals, or Buccaneers - especially the Buccaneers - whose lack of a secondary receiving threat cost them dearly against us in week 2.

It's going to depend on the WR class next year. There are at least 3-4 teams each year in the 1st round that desperately need a WR, and draft accordingly. My guess (and I don't know the strength of the upcoming 2010 WR class off the top of my head) is that he lands at something like #21 to a team like the Jaguars, Raiders, Bengals, or Buccaneers - especially the Buccaneers - whose lack of a secondary receiving threat cost them dearly against us in week 2.

He will get picked behind Roosevelt.

That, or he is an actual addict who simply cannot pass a test. There is no other rational reason that strikes me for this kid to say no to 10 or more million dollars. It is way too clear what he stands to lose.

If it isn't that, I really don't get it, at all.

But if he was a real addict, I would expect him to sign, and take the suspension, simply to get the big check. An addiction can be pretty expensive.

Maybe he simply doesn't want to go to SF. That sounds pretty crazy to me, but none of this really makes any sense.

As you said, he will likely never make up this $$$. I think he probably will go fairly high next year and get a very good contract, but it will almost certainly be quite a bit less than what SF offered him, this year.

After further review, I believe SF would actually be making a good move if they re-drafted Crabtree next year, at a more advantageous draft position. That is, if they still like the kid and think he will be a great WR.

Next year Crabtree will have no option but to sign, IMO. The 49ers will still have their guy, at much less $$. Possibly they will have a more humble version of the same guy, if he is made to sit out the 2009 season.

But my gut tells me he signs this year.

They get tested at the combine, not after they sign the contract. He already passed a test and is most likely not a drug addict. Why are weirdos and people with odd behavior always labeled drug addicts? Some people are just naturally stupid and self-involved.

After further review, I believe SF would actually be making a good move if they re-drafted Crabtree next year, at a more advantageous draft position. That is, if they still like the kid and think he will be a great WR.

Next year Crabtree will have no option but to sign, IMO. The 49ers will still have their guy, at much less $$. Possibly they will have a more humble version of the same guy, if he is made to sit out the 2009 season.

I liked your earlier opinion better. The 49ers should just re-draft him for the sheer sake of your own amusement.

That earlier post cracked me up.

GO BILLS!!!

I think this is a huge mistake as well. So he reenters the draft. Does he really expect to be chosen higher than he was this year after sitting out for an entire year and displaying a very individualistic attitude? Give me a break...He is a great talent but he only had one great year in college. So in all likelihood he gets picked later in next years draft and probably ends up with even less money than he would have now (an ass load). Plus he looses a year....

What am I here in this thought process?!

Catching a winning pass vs Texas does not make you a great talent. Not sure where all the praise for a guy who is slower than the average NFL WR and smaller than the average NFL WR comes from. I just laugh at this situation.

I liked your earlier opinion better. The 49ers should just re-draft him for the sheer sake of your own amusement.

That earlier post cracked me up.

GO BILLS!!!

That would be funny as hell. Keep him in purgatory for another year. Could you imagine his and Eugene Parker's reaction? "WTF?" "Why are the football Gods effin' with us!" Man that would be great.

The other funny comment posted on the board today was the suggestion (in the Greg[g] Williams thread) that we call all our offensive plays to end with one of our players running into Greggo on the New Orleans sidelines. Just "inadvertently" pile into him at the end of each play. LMFAO.

That would be funny as hell. Keep him in purgatory for another year. Could you imagine his and Eugene Parker's reaction? "WTF?" "Why are the football Gods effin' with us!" Man that would be great.

The other funny comment posted on the board today was the suggestion (in the Greg[g] Williams thread) that we call all our offensive plays to end with one of our players running into Greggo on the New Orleans sidelines. Just "inadvertently" pile into him at the end of each play. LMFAO.

I missed that. Great idea. How long would it take for NO to figure out what was going on?

I agree that he is likely to sign this year but would it not be poetic justic if your suggested scenario came to fruition.

Bo Jackson went from the #1 overall pick to a 7th rounder (183rd overall) the next year. I'm not sure if the baseball thing was more of a positive (he stayed in top shape) or a negative (he's not interested).

Is that a real question, whether his interest in baseball caused his NFL draft value to rise or fall???

Is that a real question, whether his interest in baseball caused his NFL draft value to rise or fall???

Not much of a question, really.

He was interested in baseball before, during, and after Tampa Bay selected him #1 overall. They chose him #1 overall, gave him some gifts, and thereby blew his NCAA eligibility at Auburn.

He was playing baseball as a professional when the Raiders drafted him in the 7th round. He even continued to play baseball while he was signed to play football for the Raiders. Al Davis saw it as a marketing opportunity and a chance to get a rare talent for the final stretch of the NFL season.

Baseball was a factor both times.

For Crabtree, the baseball thing is not part of the equation. If he sits out an entire year, playing catch in his backyard with friends, I'm not going to bet his stock isn't going to tumble. (In fact, I bet it already has tumbled.)

Your gut, or...logic? There's no way Crabtree sits out the season unless he's a complete moron. Imagine negotiating next year? What's he going to do, sit out a second consecutive season? There's no way he makes MORE money by sitting out the season.

Yeah, and again, blackballing a guy is collusion.

Now, that would only be illegal if it came out publicly. Ever tell a secret to 32 guys and expect it to stay secret? It doesn't work out. Seriously.

Nobody will blackball the guy. But now he will be seen as a signing risk and a character risk as well as a talent risk. That will cause him to fall, probably to the mid to late first, though all of this is just a guess, really.

They don't have to say anything to anybody, who wants to draft a head case loser like crabtree?

I blame Eugene Parker, stupid piece of :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Crabtree better sign this year, and if he doesn't, then he will lose lots of leverage in negotiations going into next year. He will have to sign.

To tell you the truth, I hope he doesn't sign this year, and I would love for him to get drafted late in the first round or even later, then what?

:rolleyes: Yes, in small countries with homogeneous populations with ZERO military expenditure and abundant natural resources.

And even THEN, it requires a criminal redistribution of wealth.

The country I live in has much lower tax rates than the U.S. and has complete national health care. So, where is this criminal redistribution of wealth? Are bureaucrats sneaking into the houses of the rich at night here and grabbing gold toilets to melt down?

Again, there are places where it works very well.

Again, you're repeating the conservative orthodoxy without worrying much about the actual facts. Not that the liberals are right on with this issue either. But I live here and I know it works. And it's not the only country.

Since he won't be able to work out for any NFL teams before the draft and they'll have no idea where he is physically I think he'll slip past the first round and maybe to the fourth.

I doubt it, personally, but you could be right. I'd bet mid to late first or maybe early second.

We'll see, apparently.

Catching a winning pass vs Texas does not make you a great talent. Not sure where all the praise for a guy who is slower than the average NFL WR and smaller than the average NFL WR comes from. I just laugh at this situation.

6' 1" 214 pounds isn't smaller than average. And he isn't slower than average either, most likely, just about average. But if you don't think he was the best reciever in college last year ...

Mike Williams was not tops at his position either.

Crabtree blows him away.

Mike Williams finished 8th in the Heisman voting as a sophmore and despite being forced to sit out a year by the NFL was still the 10th pick in the draft the following year. He was as highly touted as Crabtree before everyone realized that most Trojan recievers were products of the system.

Mike Williams finished 8th in the Heisman voting as a sophmore and despite being forced to sit out a year by the NFL was still the 10th pick in the draft the following year. He was as highly touted as Crabtree before everyone realized that most Trojan recievers were products of the system.

If the NFL forced him to sit out that is completely different scenerio than Crabtree. I really hate greedy people, Crabtree got greedy and I hope it bites him in the ass.

If the NFL forced him to sit out that is completely different scenerio than Crabtree. I really hate greedy people, Crabtree got greedy and I hope it bites him in the ass.

I agree S.D. I don't usually wish misfortune on people but I'm almost willing to make an exception for Crabtree. It looks, smells, and feels like greed. At the very least, this guy (and I put it on him) is seriously messing up his own karma.

so what is Williams NFL legacy? If anything that shows to stay the !@#$ away from WRs who took the year before the draft off