Crabtree to re-enter draft

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect the new CBA will take power away from agents where rookies are concerned as it should. That might be the best concession the players could give to the owners.

This is a poor bluff on Crabtree's part. Is he really willing to accept a lot LESS money next year say if he is drafted in the second round? Is he going to ask for top five money next year based on the assertion that he believes he should have been picked and paid as a top five this year? :thumbsup: Good luck with that.

Crabtree must be one of the biggest idiots on the planet...even his agent called him out and is like WTF...

There is NO possible way Crabtree gets drafted higher than he was this year. He will be lucky if he is drafted in the first round, after not having played at all for a year. Basically all this guy is doing is leaving a lot of guarenteed money on the table and delaying his ability to hit free agency and get an even bigger payday with his 2nd contract(if he is any good that is)...

Absolutely agree ... in spite of his talent no team is going to take a chance on him with a high first round pick. This kid has shot himself in the foot. He would be wise to get a deal done with SF and move on.

If he enters the draft, I hope all 32 owners sign a private agreement not to draf the guy until a certain round, say the 3rd round. After that, it's fair game for any team that wants to deal with this malcontent.

You realize you are referring to the illegal practice of "collusion?"

I heard he was holding out because he was demanding Ko Simpson money.

I know it's illegal, hence the term private, though I should have written without the league or Goddell knowing about it.

100% correct....like he's gonna get picked higher than 10th next year? Say someone grabs him at 23 next year, he's gonna demand top 10 money?

Total idiot, and his agent is just plain stupid for allowing this to occur.

wouldn't it be great if they started a rookie salary cap next year

Crabtree must be one of the biggest idiots on the planet...even his agent called him out and is like WTF...

There is NO possible way Crabtree gets drafted higher than he was this year. He will be lucky if he is drafted in the first round, after not having played at all for a year. Basically all this guy is doing is leaving a lot of guarenteed money on the table and delaying his ability to hit free agency and get an even bigger payday with his 2nd contract(if he is any good that is)...

Honestly doubt he gets drafted before 3rd round, if not later, if he really is dumb enough to go into next years draft. Not only will he have sat out a year, but they will have to worry about him still wanting to get paid like top 5 pick. If doesn't get him money up front, odds are he will be holding out after he has any kind of success at all for more money.

If he goes back into the draft, I guarantee some moron here will suggest Buffalo draft him.

If they can get him in the 4th round, heck yea :thumbsup:

Maybe they can get a good year out of him before he holds out for more money and can trade him for a 2nd and 5th :lol:

This is a very poor bluff. He has no intentions of entering next year's draft---he wouldn't be drafted as high and wouldn't even come close to being offered the amount he's currently turning down.

If he's looking to maximize his payday, reentering the draft is the worst move he could make. His only chance at making big money is to sign with SF.

He needs a real agent--not the clown he has. This kid's brain injured.

His agent works for him and Matter 2003 said his agent is even dumbfounded by his strategy.

Since there will be no salary cap next year he thinks. maybe rightfully so, that some team will draft him and pay the big money without needing to worry about salary cap ramifications.

From the article I linked above;

Let's say he is dealt in March via a sign-and-trade. He is still going to have to come under the new team's 2010 rookie cap, and in this instance he's going to be getting signed well before the rookie cap numbers are even released. Even if 2010 is an uncapped year, the rookie pool is still in play, the 25 percent rule still applies, so you aren't going to be able to go crazy and frontload a deal. Yes, in the uncapped scenario you can guarantee the fifth and sixth years on the back end, but the idea of a windfall of money up front is a mirage.

:lol:

If this was going on with a Bills rookie the "Ralph is cheap" crowd would be going nuts. :thumbsup:

I know it's illegal, hence the term private, though I should have written without the league or Goddell knowing about it.

Even better would be to agree to have no team draft him except the 49ers. They wait until their last pick and select him again. The guy would freak! :thumbsup:

If Crabtree is making these demands, then Parker would be smart to quit being his agent.

Obviously I don't know the detailed dialogue between Crabtree and Parker, I am not familiar with Crabtree and his alleged dickheadedness, however I do know know about Parkers pieceofshiattytude and that is how I come up with that conclusion.

I have stated in another thread, that teams should throw up a caution flag for any player that hires Parker, because to me, it says that first and formost and second and thirdmost that the player is interested in the money, not in his team. I understand that they should be interested in making money and getting fair pay, but when you use hold out tactics to become the "elite" in pay, than to me, that is a character flaw.

Exactly. This is how negotiations are done.

"I'm going back into the draft."

"Well, go ahead."

And then a week later a contract is signed.

The people who believe him are probably the people who believed Jason Peters when he said he wasn't lowering his offer anymore. Hello, that's what you're supposed to say.

He'll sign this year, I have to believe Crabtree's smart enough to figure out, eventually, that that is simply his best option.

True. It is all part of negotiations. Never go by what someone says but what actually happens in the end. SF has NO choice but to sign him or trade his rights away. Crabtree is not the idiot here. This system of signing top draft pick rookies is what is idiotic.