Does Anybody Care to Predict TO's Numbers

Bill from NYC

10 Catches/ 110 yards. Most of them garbage in the 4th quarter. No td's

+1

Edwards goes 31 for 37 for a totally ineffectual 179 yards, keeping his < 5 yds per attempt average well intact

The next day Edwards apologists here marvel at his 84% completion percentage

+1

Edwards goes 31 for 37 for a totally ineffectual 179 yards, keeping his < 5 yds per attempt average well intact

The next day Edwards apologists here marvel at his 84% completion percentage

Hey, it's one thing to have issues with the guy's play. We all do. But to just make sh*t up is wrong. He was a VERY respectable 7.2 ypa last season. Even with all those checkdowns.

GO BILLS!!!

Time to go Phil Ranallo on your sorry asses:

11 catches, 323 yards, 4 tds receiving, 1 td rushing on a 74 yard end-around scamper.

Bills: 62

Pats: 3

You just can't piss on my cornflakes anymore!

GO BILLS!!!

I'm gonna run with:

8 receptions/115 yds./2 TDs

you are SO wrong!!!! i say he gets 1,849 yards this season with 24 touchdowns breaking both records for tds a season and yards a season but he does it in one game. Then we change the name from ralph wilson stadium to TO's Stadium with Mo from the show is the new GM... i smell sequel !!!

Hey, it's one thing to have issues with the guy's play. We all do. But to just make sh*t up is wrong. He was a VERY respectable 7.2 ypa last season. Even with all those checkdowns.

GO BILLS!!!

That was last year. This preseason he had 38 attempts and 189 yards. I was actually being generous with the 5 yds / attempt. It's actually 4.97. Not made up - fact that I had to witness this summer with my own eyes.

But, if you want to talk about last year, you're helping to make my argument for me. It clearly shows the trend he is on. Yes, his stats for the entire year work out to 7.2 yards / attempt, but consider this. Before the Arizona hit, he had 948 yards on 122 attempts for a 7.77 yards / attempt average.

Out of this hit, Captain Checkdown arose. For the rest of the year, he had 1751 yards on 252 attempts for a 6.95 yards / attempt average. You can see how he is heading downward from near 8 to less than 7. Now, here we sit after an offseason at 5 yards / attempt. Given this trend, predicting it continues downward is the only thing I can do watching his paltry play.

Yes, I have an agenda to see him gone. Don't see how any Bills fan couldn't - the guy is terrible and not the future of the Bills organization.

not necassarliy my prediction....but would anybody bee surprised if he went 3-31-0, or worse. we will see if the offense can get something going, or if trent will open his eyes and lead his recievers with the ball.

hey trent...lee is not always covered

That was last year. This preseason he had 38 attempts and 189 yards. I was actually being generous with the 5 yds / attempt. It's actually 4.97. Not made up - fact that I had to witness this summer with my own eyes.

But, if you want to talk about last year, you're helping to make my argument for me. It clearly shows the trend he is on. Yes, his stats for the entire year work out to 7.2 yards / attempt, but consider this. Before the Arizona hit, he had 948 yards on 122 attempts for a 7.77 yards / attempt average.

Out of this hit, Captain Checkdown arose. For the rest of the year, he had 1751 yards on 252 attempts for a 6.95 yards / attempt average. You can see how he is heading downward from near 8 to less than 7. Now, here we sit after an offseason at 5 yards / attempt. Given this trend, predicting it continues downward is the only thing I can do watching his paltry play.

Yes, I have an agenda to see him gone. Don't see how any Bills fan couldn't - the guy is terrible and not the future of the Bills organization.

I'm certainly not making any points for you. Especially when you throw meaningless pre-season stats around to support your claim. Facts are facts: 7.2 ypa for the entire season in 2008. 6+ypa in 2007. This points to a rising trend and improvement.

But go ahead and incorporate pre-season stats into your reasoning. Nobody in the business does this but hey, like you said, you have an agenda. Good luck with that.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm certainly not making any points for you. Especially when you throw meaningless pre-season stats around to support your claim. Facts are facts: 7.2 ypa for the entire season in 2008. 6+ypa in 2007. This points to a rising trend and improvement.

But go ahead and incorporate pre-season stats into your reasoning. Nobody in the business does this but hey, like you said, you have an agenda. Good luck with that.

GO BILLS!!!

What business? The same business where players get cut based on their performance in the preseason? Sorry, but what are you talking about? This idea that passes around here that "preseason doesn't matter" just doesn't make any sense to me.

Of course it matters, how could it not? It's football, it's preparation for the season, it's fine tuning...it's all of those things and it's meant to be effective. If it's not, coaches lose their jobs and players get cut or benched. This is how it should work.

What business? The same business where players get cut based on their performance in the preseason? Sorry, but what are you talking about? This idea that passes around here that "preseason doesn't matter" just doesn't make any sense to me.

Of course it matters, how could it not? It's football, it's preparation for the season, it's fine tuning...it's all of those things and it's meant to be effective. If it's not, coaches lose their jobs and players get cut or benched. This is how it should work.

Stats in pre-season just don't matter. It's a fact. When I say "people in the business" I'm talking about people whose business it is to ascribe importance to the relevance of pre-season stats. Be they pro football team personnel or those in the media or those from Elias Sports Bereau. In other words, NO CREDIBLE SOURCE of football information is going to look at TE's pre-season numbers and try to make sense out of them. It is folly to do so. For a million reasons.

But, like you said, you have an agenda. And we all know people with agendas will resort to all sorts of distortions to support that agenda. You use meaningless pre-season passing stats as proof that TE is heading towards a 5 ypa average and a sure sign of decline in productivity. That's certainly your prerogative.

Most knowledgeable fans (and those professionals I alluded to earlier) would instead wait to judge his body of work in games that matter and in which statistics are officially counted.

For what it's worth, coaches place much more importance on the coaches tape of each rep of practice when it comes to evaluating their veteran players in the pre-season. And just a little more on evaluating those players they aren't as sure about (rookies, younger players) during the pre-season games. Based on that, players DO get cut. And this year, coaches have lost their jobs. Nobody said pre-season (especially the practices) isn't important.

GO BILLS!!!