The Definition of Insanity……

is repeating the same actions over and over again and expecting a different outcome, which is entirely applicable to the true bill-ievers, half-brains, and, yes, Tim Graham, the ESPN Blogger that shows up at this urinal regularly for his periodic rub and tug free of charge from the natives. What I saw Sunday night cannot be dismissed as a pre-season game, no game planning, or some other form of denial for sweeping another putrid performance under the Two Bills Drive carpet. Yes, it was another sh*t storm that is part of a 10 year run of futility complements of the newly minted Hall Famer, Mr. Ralph Wilson. The game could have easily been number 17 of the 2008 campaign; jail breaks up the middle of the o-line, undersized slow defensive ends stoned at the line of scrimmage, Lynch averaging 2 yards a carry, Ellison being Ellison, and opponents converting a high percentage of third and longs. Oh, I forgot, the gift wrapping looked sharp in the silver anniversary threads, but once the box was opened it was the same pile of sh*t; some very fine business schools call that marketing; which I believe is the formal education of our stellar GM (please correct me if I am wrong on this one). Same coach, same management team, same college scouts, same owner, and practically the same roster and many of you, as validated through your posts, and sucks to-be-you season ticket purchases, are expecting a different outcome, pure “insanity” I tell you! Lord knows I have tried to shed light on the problems and people like Jerry Sullivan regularly steal my content, but take it for what its worth:

1.) Modrak is simply the most pathetic talent evaluator I have ever seen. Trading proven players away to give this guy additional draft picks is like giving a stripper more 20s, at the end of the night you’re left with an empty wallet, your right or left hand, and a roll of toilet paper. Add Leodis McKelvin to the list of Buffalo Bills first round busts; the guy is horrible. He must feel like a turkey around the middle of October as the world will watch pilgrim Brady carve him to pieces. Don’t hold your collective breathes for Maybin either as he will make Erik Flowers look like Bruce Smith. One year undersized wonder is holding out for a monster contract, is he kidding he was drafted by Modrak? Then again, all his leverage will be gone once he makes it to NFL game film (see JP Losman).

2.) Is the prized free agent center really white and did he really play for Carolina last year because he sure looked like Marvin Fowler with a case of Michael Jackson’s weird skin disease?

3.) The other day Bela-cheatkicka** picked up a pro bowl pass rusher for a 3rd and 4th next year; if the “marketing guy” didn’t have is head up his a** we could have gotten the same player because a 3rd and 4th for Modrak is like walk-on free agents for anybody else. Hell, I would have given the Raiders our entire 2008 draft class as well as the picks.

4.) Nobody fool themselves, Aaron Schobel is toast. It was evident even before last season. His quickness is gone.

5.) Everybody including Tim Graham please stop referring to Lee Evans as some super talent waiting to explode. He is a very poor man’s Cliff Branch, a stop and go, post pattern route runner with no ability to find seams, break tackles, or in other words, move the chains, a one trick pony. In five minutes TO showed why he is TO, by far the best talent this team has had in over a decade. Watching TO light-up Edwards and Jauron on the sidelines will be the highlight of this season.

6.) Many of you supported the Peters trade; what did “short-arms” Wilson really save a whole $30 million or so in guaranteed money? When one considers the money pissed away on the likes of Kelsey, Denny, Kyle Williams, Whitner, the entire 2008 draft class, free agents like Fowler/Royal/Dockery, what are we talking about, a deckchair off of the Titanic? Trading a two-time Pro Bowl “left tackle” at 26 years of age so that we can draft a couple more useless corner backs and you people are stampeding to the ticket window to catch this circus? I hope the inheritors of the Wilson Family Trust remember to send out the thank you notes. It is a crime you guys can’t get a tax deduction for your charitable contributions!!

I can go on and on, but I frankly have had enough. Honestly, I have canceled my NFL Ticket and I have re-routed my home opener weekend to a golf destination because it simply makes no sense to watch this nonsense anymore. God bless and Good luck, The Pipe!!!

Leadership of this website please allow me the decency of having this as my last post; I am giving you complete and total permission to terminate my membership.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leadership of this website please allow me the decency of having this as my last post; I am giving you complete and total permission to terminate my membership.

Outstanding! Of course, if you had a pair of balls, you'd go ahead and terminate it yourself.

This could be a very good day for TSW.

Who's next? Let's try to get 3 more losers to voluntarily throw in the towel here, so they can never sully our fine community, again.

I notice Skooby hasn't been here for a while...it's been a real breath of fresh air. Can we call him #2 on this list?

Bravo Pass the pipe. I completely agree with everything you said. But the thing is, just as you name implies, I am addicted to this crack I call the Buffalo Bills. It kills me a little more everyday but I just cant put it down. Its a habit I wont kick till I or the team is gone.

You will be back PTP (which by the way has always been one of my favorite screen names).

We all get like this from time to time.

>>>>Trading a two-time Pro Bowl “left tackle” at 26 years of age so that we can draft a couple more useless corner backs and you people are stampeding to the ticket window to catch this circus?<<<<

The above btw was priceless and yes, TO, even at his age, blows Evans away.

Still, you will be back. You can't walk away from this any more than I can, so go call DirecTV and explain to them that you had a "Bills Meltdown." :thumbsup::P:wallbash:

Those are all decent arguments that you listed for us.

Seems to me though that continuing to be Bills fans and voluntarily drinking the kool-aid on a regular basis is what makes us unique as fans. We love to hate the moves out management continues to make and we love to suffer the heart breaking losses year after year whether we admit it or not.

I mean how fun would it be if the Bills just won all the time and completely dominated everyone every week......?

Wait a minute....

What am I saying, that would be awesome. :thumbsup:

Oh well, we have to eventually start kicking a55.... right?

Once again - the truth, plainly evident and colorfully painted for everyone. Thank you. In the end, as you so eliquently outline, the team is simply not any better than it has been since Jouron has been here.

If this is truly your last post, let me be the first to salute your visage and insights - you will be missed greatly. I will try my best to carry on with honest commentary hoping one day the organization proves me wrong and makes a return to the post season.

You're a whiny fu*king twat....go play golf in September meathead.

I don't know who's the bigger D-bag, you for writing all that teenage diary garbage or me for actually reading it all.

I will be golfing on that Sunday as well. Because the Bills play MONDAY NIGHT!

Later Pipe, you were a cool dude and agree with some of your rant. I like that Graham guy at least he takes the time to give us an educated opinion without the blinders, I guess some "ballwashing" comes with the territory.

And lets be honest I will wager a case of what ever you drink that your cry baby ass will be on the edge of that sofa come 9/14.

"Never give up. Never surrender." - Capt. Jason Nesmith (Tim Allen) in Galaxy Quest!

Got it?

Please post again when the miasma passes... :thumbsup:

Congratulations on your inexplicable decision to publicly embarrass yourself. You joke. You fool. I could carve a better man from a piece of dog sh--.

Yes! I was waiting for one of these!

Exactly. How hilarious is it that after the very first preseason game, one in which the starters didn't even raise a sweat, is enough to start making people jump ship?

What's that saying... good riddance to bad rubbish.

"The definition of insanity...is repeating the same actions over and over again and expecting a different outcome"

Sort of like continually whining that the Bills suck and thinking that it's going to suddenly make us better?

Are the Bills in a perfect situation? No. But other than the Stillers and maybe the Pats who is really? And is sitting here crying about what we don't have going to do any good - no, it's just going to bring you and everyone else down. The team is what it is, try and support them rather than tearing them down...

I'm not sure why fans can't just enjoy the Bills for what they are - OUR football team!

Yes I hate when they lose and no I don't agree with all of our personell decisions, but I still love the Bills. They still put a smile on my face year-round, because win or lose I've had so many fun, amazing, hazy and happy moments both in front of the TV and at The Ralph!

The prognosticators that claim they KNOW this team is going to suck are crazy. The NFL is a wacky league and anything can happen on any given Sunday.

Wipe the tears out of your eyes, grab a beer, pass the pipe and try to enjoy what we've got rather than what we don't (because I don't think we *really* know the answer to either of those questions)...

is repeating the same actions over and over again and expecting a different outcome, which is entirely applicable to the true bill-ievers, half-brains, and, yes, Tim Graham, the ESPN Blogger that shows up at this urinal regularly for his periodic rub and tug free of charge from the natives. What I saw Sunday night cannot be dismissed as a pre-season game, no game planning, or some other form of denial for sweeping another putrid performance under the Two Bills Drive carpet. Yes, it was another sh*t storm that is part of a 10 year run of futility complements of the newly minted Hall Famer, Mr. Ralph Wilson. The game could have easily been number 17 of the 2008 campaign; jail breaks up the middle of the o-line, undersized slow defensive ends stoned at the line of scrimmage, Lynch averaging 2 yards a carry, Ellison being Ellison, and opponents converting a high percentage of third and longs. Oh, I forgot, the gift wrapping looked sharp in the silver anniversary threads, but once the box was opened it was the same pile of sh*t; some very fine business schools call that marketing; which I believe is the formal education of our stellar GM (please correct me if I am wrong on this one). Same coach, same management team, same college scouts, same owner, and practically the same roster and many of you, as validated through your posts, and sucks to-be-you season ticket purchases, are expecting a different outcome, pure “insanity” I tell you! Lord knows I have tried to shed light on the problems and people like Jerry Sullivan regularly steal my content, but take it for what its worth:

1.) Modrak is simply the most pathetic talent evaluator I have ever seen. Trading proven players away to give this guy additional draft picks is like giving a stripper more 20s, at the end of the night you’re left with an empty wallet, your right or left hand, and a roll of toilet paper. Add Leodis McKelvin to the list of Buffalo Bills first round busts; the guy is horrible. He must feel like a turkey around the middle of October as the world will watch pilgrim Brady carve him to pieces. Don’t hold your collective breathes for Maybin either as he will make Erik Flowers look like Bruce Smith. One year undersized wonder is holding out for a monster contract, is he kidding he was drafted by Modrak? Then again, all his leverage will be gone once he makes it to NFL game film (see JP Losman).

2.) Is the prized free agent center really white and did he really play for Carolina last year because he sure looked like Marvin Fowler with a case of Michael Jackson’s weird skin disease?

3.) The other day Bela-cheatkicka** picked up a pro bowl pass rusher for a 3rd and 4th next year; if the “marketing guy” didn’t have is head up his a** we could have gotten the same player because a 3rd and 4th for Modrak is like walk-on free agents for anybody else. Hell, I would have given the Raiders our entire 2008 draft class as well as the picks.

4.) Nobody fool themselves, Aaron Schobel is toast. It was evident even before last season. His quickness is gone.

5.) Everybody including Tim Graham please stop referring to Lee Evans as some super talent waiting to explode. He is a very poor man’s Cliff Branch, a stop and go, post pattern route runner with no ability to find seams, break tackles, or in other words, move the chains, a one trick pony. In five minutes TO showed why he is TO, by far the best talent this team has had in over a decade. Watching TO light-up Edwards and Jauron on the sidelines will be the highlight of this season.

6.) Many of you supported the Peters trade; what did “short-arms” Wilson really save a whole $30 million or so in guaranteed money? When one considers the money pissed away on the likes of Kelsey, Denny, Kyle Williams, Whitner, the entire 2008 draft class, free agents like Fowler/Royal/Dockery, what are we talking about, a deckchair off of the Titanic? Trading a two-time Pro Bowl “left tackle” at 26 years of age so that we can draft a couple more useless corner backs and you people are stampeding to the ticket window to catch this circus? I hope the inheritors of the Wilson Family Trust remember to send out the thank you notes. It is a crime you guys can’t get a tax deduction for your charitable contributions!!

I can go on and on, but I frankly have had enough. Honestly, I have canceled my NFL Ticket and I have re-routed my home opener weekend to a golf destination because it simply makes no sense to watch this nonsense anymore. God bless and Good luck, The Pipe!!!

P-the-P: Most excellent stuff! ...and your comment was superb also.

The metric for excellence is how many of the insider, elitist, blind, homie feral pig pack you manage to tick off, and you're well into the red.

Congratulations and sincere best wishes.

A (very upset) fan delivers a witty, cutting (if a bit over the top) bit of opinion and the result is predictable--the less tolerant dwellers start freaking, jumping about like the chimps in 2001-A Space Odyssey.

The high priests of WhoisarealBillsfan react as though he has crapped in their Holy Communion wafer bowl--which he has I guess.

Yes, by all means, a Bills fan site has absolutely no room for such bad men and their heresy.

Please reconsider, Pipe (the leaving part--not your post!).

Pipe may be over the top but he makes some really good points. This isn't a overreaction to preseason game 1,

but rather the over the cliff feeling this season feels like. The have talent yes, but the major holes on this team cannot

be helped by the coaching staff. Face it, the staff (save April) is in the bottom 1/5 of the league. Dick may be the worst head

coach in the NFL right now. Modrak is awful. The D could send 12 men after the QB and still not get there. The no huddle? Please. The schedule is brutal and if we get to 7 wins again I'll be amazed. Pipe may dramatic (mckelvin and Maybin have to be given time) but he is right in a general sense. It will get worse before it gets better.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same actions over and over again and expecting a different outcome

By the way, I've always hated this misconception. I've had the misfortune of knowing a few insane people. I'd say the definitive trait is not so much repeating the same actions over and over again and expecting a different outcome. It's more like making random unpredictable inappropriate actions over and over again with no regard for the outcome.

By the way, I've always hated this misconception. I've had the misfortune of knowing a few insane people. I'd say the definitive trait is not so much repeating the same actions over and over again and expecting a different outcome. It's more like making random unpredictable inappropriate actions over and over again with no regard for the outcome.

Fair enough. May I mow your lawn?

Funny, I thought "insanity" was going postal after the first of 5 pre-season games. Or being so emotionally invested in something which is supposed to be for entertainment and over which you have no control, that it makes you go postal at all.

The metric for excellence is how many of the insider, elitist, blind, homie feral pig pack you manage to tick off, and you're well into the red.

It's nice when a troll knows his place. Good for you.

GO BILLS!!!

The definition of insanity is repeating the same actions over and over again and expecting a different outcome
...is not a misconception. It's an epigram attributed to John Dryden.

"The definition of insanity..." I heard a twelve year old kid spout that idiotic stream of nonsense yesterday. Regardless of how I feel about your actual comments, I can't get past the first sentence, because the definition of moron is someone who uses insipid cliches to make their point. If that's not enough, your narcissism has led you to believe that people actually care whether or not you interact on a message board and that they will read countless paragraphs of your pointless drivel. Honestly, how many people here made it through that nonsense.

Oh, and for the DB who agrees with you, the metric for excellence is making lots of money, getting a hot wife and dieing happy. Maybe for you it's ticking off people, but for the functioning part of society (and this is for you too P-T-P) we spend lots of our time doing something, failing, getting up, dusting ourselves off, trying again, failing and repeating until we succeed.

Both of you need to go to your bookmarks, click on any of the countless porn sites you have listed and pacify yourselves as the smart people around here enjoy pro football for what it is, a game.

Classic LAMP style overexaggeration. If you're really that worked up over pre-season game #1, then you must really have some issues to get worked out. However, a couple decent points too that go overlooked amongst the bitching and stupid Michael Jackson jokes.

The McKelvin point was the worst. Any 2nd year CB, coming off a near Pro-Bowl season as a KR, with a few INTs and a Pick6 to boot, is not a bust. Not even close. Even suggesting that throws your credibility right in the toilet, and makes it obvious you're just trying to grab some attention.

If this is your sincere outlook on life, you are everything that is wrong with this world. Pathetic.

Pipe may be over the top but he makes some really good points. This isn't a overreaction to preseason game 1,

but rather the over the cliff feeling this season feels like. The have talent yes, but the major holes on this team cannot

be helped by the coaching staff. Face it, the staff (save April) is in the bottom 1/5 of the league. Dick may be the worst head

coach in the NFL right now. Modrak is awful. The D could send 12 men after the QB and still not get there. The no huddle? Please. The schedule is brutal and if we get to 7 wins again I'll be amazed. Pipe may dramatic (mckelvin and Maybin have to be given time) but he is right in a general sense. It will get worse before it gets better.

How much has changed from 08 to 09? Same HC, same front office, and most of the same players are present for duty. I don't bank on rookies to improve a team, and the UFA class aside from Owens, is pedestrian. The main issues last year were on the OL and DL.

I love the TO acquisition, but he depends on an OL to protect a QB. The DL will struggle to rush the passer, and that's not because of the first preseason game. It's the talent level. Bob Sanders isn't miraculously going to make Chris Kelsay a better pass rusher. And he's not going to help Aaron Schobel come back from a serious foot injury. Aaron Maybin is a complete question mark as well. Who precisely is going to improve the pass rush?

DJ is simply not going to improve his in-game management, and neither Turk nor Perry will have the light come on before opening day. I just wish it didn't have to be so obvious before people realized what's going on.

If this is your sincere outlook on life, you are everything that is wrong with this world. Pathetic.

A extremely predictable cadre of puffed-up, highly self-righteous autocrats presumes to ram rod their view of Bills football down everybody else's throats, and stifle any divergent views.

Maybe they can...maybe they cannot.

BTW, In 1921, Hitler announced, "The National Socialist Movement (better known as the Nazis) will in the future ruthlessly prevent - if necessary by force - all meetings or lectures that are likely to distract the minds of our fellow countrymen." [Heiden, Konrad, Der Fuehrer (1944) Boston, p.36].

Adolf personally lead his buddies in an attack (1921) that broke up an address by a Bavarian Federalist (an opposition political party), and had the guy beat up. The future Fuehrer served a month in jail for the assault. He told the arresting Police, "It's alright. We got what we wanted. Ballerstedt (the beating victim) did not speak." ibid

I never liked Ernst Rhoem, and I don't like these guys either.