Last post wins!

/dev/null

I worked a job fair in the city today. There are a lot of unemployed people out there the deserve to be unemployed. Trust me...you'd be amazed.

I've always said, anytime unemployment goes below 6%, you can't find a decent waiter or checkout clerk to save your life.

I worked a job fair in the city today. There are a lot of unemployed people out there the deserve to be unemployed. Trust me...you'd be amazed.

I'm not. I'm always seeing those articles on what not to do at interviews/job fairs/etc, and it's gone from being amazed about their behavior to just interested. So tell us a story or two.

I'm not. I'm always seeing those articles on what not to do at interviews/job fairs/etc, and it's gone from being amazed about their behavior to just interested. So tell us a story or two.

It's mainly how they are dressed. There was a line out the door of the hotel we were in before it opened and I didn't see one tie. And these were all professional companies that were recruiting. Jeans, t-shirts, shorts, it was unbelievable. One guy came up and it was the end of the day and I was pretty much done. He was wearing a t-shirt and shorts. Now we're a wealth management company working with all types of people but you wear a suit and tie to every client meeting. He starts to talk to me and I said "I'm not sure if this is the right fit for you." He looked at me funny and I asked him, rather sarcastically seeing I was tired "do you own a suit and tie?" He apologized for how he was dressed and said he was just driving past and saw the fair. I'm sorry but this was a very nice hotel and there was no sign out front saying Career Fair Today. :thumbsup:

It's mainly how they are dressed. There was a line out the door of the hotel we were in before it opened and I didn't see one tie. And these were all professional companies that were recruiting. Jeans, t-shirts, shorts, it was unbelievable. One guy came up and it was the end of the day and I was pretty much done. He was wearing a t-shirt and shorts. Now we're a wealth management company working with all types of people but you wear a suit and tie to every client meeting. He starts to talk to me and I said "I'm not sure if this is the right fit for you." He looked at me funny and I asked him, rather sarcastically seeing I was tired "do you own a suit and tie?" He apologized for how he was dressed and said he was just driving past and saw the fair. I'm sorry but this was a very nice hotel and there was no sign out front saying Career Fair Today. :thumbsup:

Please tell me it was cut-off shorts and a wife beater. Even if it wasn't, I want that visual. Maybe add that he had a mullet too.

Please tell me it was cut-off shorts and a wife beater. Even if it wasn't, I want that visual. Maybe add that he had a mullet too.

No actually it was a nice pair of shorts and a nice t-shirt and sorry no mullet. This was downtown SF after all not Batavia.

Maybe he had dealt with a "wealth management" company in the past and now he can't afford a suit and tie? :lol: