advice on dating a hot girl?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of focusing on your insecurity...you might try to focus on hers. Obviously if she's needing this much attention outside - then she may be dealing with insecurities herself.

Why not just have a heart to heart talk with her. Tell her how your feeling about the whole situation but not in a threatening or confrontational way. It's called "communication". Something you will need to do if this relationship is going to go forward. If you don't feel up to communicating what's going on inside you - then you don't trust her and it's probably time to move on and find someone who is more compatible.

Just my .02

couple of quick points.

IF guys flirt with her and she doesn't flirt back, then thats cool.

You need to lay down the law when stuff goes to far. I had to deal with stuff like this in the early stages of my relationship, ex bf's wanting to be friends, other random guys who were friends but really wanted to be with her. In the end 99% of the time there are no true friends of the opposite sex, just people that want to get with you. (this one is important) this may change in the later stages of the relationship when u are closer with each other, but early stages it should be all eyes on me.

Usually when girls flirt in front of you, or try to get male attention it is usually for a reaction from you to test you and see how much you care about them.

Be there for her 100%, put in 100% effort without being a wuss

Be the cool reserved alpha male

Defend her, she is yours until she states otherwise

I didn't read much of your post, but from the title, there's only one answer:

Treat her like crap.

This is by far the best advice offered in this thread. Women respond to the push/pull method. They want what they can't have and they don't want an easy catch. If you throw yourself all over her, smother her with gifts, proclaim your feelings for her, and put her on a pedestal, she will loose interest and respect for you and cast you aside. You don't have to go FULL A-Hole, but play it cool, act a little disinterested at times, make yourself unavailable at times, talk, laugh, and flirt a little with her friends, comment on those minor imperfections of hers which all women (no matter how beautiful they are) are consumed with, and SHE will CLING to YOU! I shouldn't be offering this advice for free, but I'm feeling generous.

Then again, you could follow

hey i was in the same situation......25 yrs ago...If you dont really like her and you are just dating her because she is hot.....then get rid of her ASAP.

It won't end well.--I am assuming you are in your 20s.

I agree...about 8 years ago, I dated this gorgeous Brazilian girl. Anyone who knows me here, knows, I was way out of my league. For whatever reason, though, she liked me. She was smoking hot, like Juan Guzman's girl, and was the center of attention almost everywhere we went. After a while (about 6 months, like Juan Guzman) I started to really question why I was with her. We got along pretty well for the most part, but, the longer we were together I started to realize that the only thing we both had in common was that, yes, we agreed, she was smoking hot. Maybe it was Costanza like, but I broke it off with her...she found someone new pretty quick... she was so beautiful, but she had to always have people remind her of it, I suspect. In the end, as hot as she was (just thinking about her now, gets me excited :censored: ), it was only making me feel worse. And yeah, maybe there is a certain amount of insecurity on my part, but that doesn't make your feelings any less valid. If being with her, and all that entails (everyone flirting with her, in front of you, people always commenting on her looks,etc) than just ask yourself what you are getting out of it. After a while, being the "ugly guy" with the amazing girlfriend role, kind of gets old. Do you get along with her? Do you enjoy spending time with her? In my situation, I realized, I spent almost as much time watching my gf get ready to go out, and stroking her ego, as much as anything... but, god, I do miss that ass!!

This is by far the best advice offered in this thread. Women respond to the push/pull method. They want what they can't have and they don't want an easy catch. If you throw yourself all over her, smother her with gifts, proclaim your feelings for her, and put her on a pedestal, she will loose interest and respect for you and cast you aside. You don't have to go FULL A-Hole, but play it cool, act a little disinterested at times, make yourself unavailable at times, talk, laugh, and flirt a little with her friends, comment on those minor imperfections of hers which all women (no matter how beautiful they are) are consumed with, and SHE will CLING to YOU! I shouldn't be offering this advice for free, but I'm feeling generous.

Then again, you could follow

+2

Don't ever display any jealousy or insecurity about your relationship around her. It is not an attractive quality to women (whether you are feeling it on the inside or not). Also, if you act like you do not belong or deserve to be with her, she will think the same thing regardless of what she may feel now.

If you like her (for reasons that are in addition to her being hot) and she likes you, go with the flow and see how it turns out. Take it day by day and don't be too wrapped up in emotional turmoil about what may happen in the future. If it works out, great. If it doesn't, you will have had a good time and will move on to someone else.

In the meantime, enjoy yourself.

It's been a long time since I was in the dating game,but I think I can offer a little advice. You say she's flirty and likes to dress sexy and be the center of attention. That tells me she's not the chick to look at as "the one". She's just not marrying material,imo. So treat her that way. And that doesn't mean you have to treat her like crap. Treat her well,just don't expect much,and be secure in the fact it's you she digs and wants to be with. Just don't ever believe you will change her. If you happen to meet a girl that has marrying potential,and you're ready to make that move,then you dump her. Until then enjoy the ride.

I have a really attractive girlfriend, this is unique for me. Its not that I normally date ugly girls, its just that I usually happen to date middle of the pack girls. (6's or 7s) girls who are decent looking (e.g. okay/good looking but usually not the hottest girls in the room)

But with my new GF (dating for about six months.............

I stopped reading right ther.

Advice:

Find a curb and kick her to it.

Instead of focusing on your insecurity...you might try to focus on hers. Obviously if she's needing this much attention outside - then she may be dealing with insecurities herself.

Why not just have a heart to heart talk with her. Tell her how your feeling about the whole situation but not in a threatening or confrontational way. It's called "communication". Something you will need to do if this relationship is going to go forward. If you don't feel up to communicating what's going on inside you - then you don't trust her and it's probably time to move on and find someone who is more compatible.

Just my .02

But Diane, the "the new car smell is starting to wear off". :censored:

I do not think this is a deep relationship.

Are you coming up to Training Camp?

My advice......be a nice guy but dont over do it......I think it is bad news to be anything else but yourself because eventially that is going to get old especially as the "new car smell" starts to wear off

I am actually of a little bit different school......I take it as a sign of disrespect if a girl I am with is overly flirty with the opposite sex.....it doesn't have anything to do with security or insecurity.......it is about the amount of respect she has for me to not want to leave a bad impression.

I am now old......and have been married for a number of years......but back when I was your age if was in your situation:

- I would be treating the girl like a normal person and not putting her on any type of pedistal....this would most be to protect myself from getting hurt as I see a overly flirtations woman.

- If she did that too many times in front of me I would be boinking ever friggen friend I could talk into it.....and yeah that would make me a total @hole.....but this would also be my defense in not allowing a heartbreaker to get the best of me.