Another reason why our coaching staff is stupid

with a no huddle/ spread offense.

Isn't the smart thing to try and suprise a team like New England on Monday night? You know, the same team that doesn't even have to watch film on you because you are so predictable.

Some people at One Bills drive need to quiet down.

Well, if years past are any indication, they will never run a spread offense or go no-huddle this year after making that anouncement.

It seems like every offseason the coaching staff has all these ideas about how we are going to play and improve through scheme and then we show up game one playing some variation of the same thing: crap football.

Maybe it's a double-secret smokescreen. Our division will have all their players running wind sprints to make sure their in shape and then we come out and run the ball down their throats after they spent all training camp getting in better shape and lighter.

Just because that was leaked, doesn't mean that we are going to run it all the time. In fact, even by saying it, what can NE do? Call timeouts to slow it down?

They cannot mug receivers like they would against Manning years ago. They could fake injuries to slow it down, but it's not like they don't do stuff like that anyway. To assume the staff is stupid because of this is just itching for something to justify the urine currently drizzling in their cornflakes.

There was a post I made a week ago or so saying something similar. It just angered me to think that if the Bills were putting together different schemes, why telegraph it to everyone, especially the Patriots. They are one of the best, if not the best, at game planning. We just aren't good enough to show our hand yet. And, we're proven not to be smart enough to fool anyone with trick planning - except in Special Teams. The Patriots came out against us one year with like two defensive linemen, and like five or six linebackers, and a bunch of secondary - I don't remember exactly, except that it was a very strange formation. They might even have been standing...the point is, everyone was like - "what the @#%^$ is that!" It was NEW and there's no way we knew it was coming. Until we prove to be good enough to go out and enforce our will on opponents, we should stay much quieter.

Isn't the smart thing to try and suprise a team like New England on Monday night? You know, the same team that doesn't even have to watch film on you because you are so predictable.

Well....the Bills current so-called coaching staff has never been known to be geniuses on or off the field. If Buffalo ran the no huddle in game 1, by game 2 that would have analyzed 350 times by the opponent and well prepared for. The Bills coaching triumvirate would be better served by putting together solid game plans, adopting something called "flexibility" and managing the game clock efficiently rather than getting all caught up in trying to "surprise" the opponent.

There was a post I made a week ago or so saying something similar. It just angered me to think that if the Bills were putting together different schemes, why telegraph it to everyone, especially the Patriots. They are one of the best, if not the best, at game planning. We just aren't good enough to show our hand yet. And, we're proven not to be smart enough to fool anyone with trick planning - except in Special Teams. The Patriots came out against us one year with like two defensive linemen, and like five or six linebackers, and a bunch of secondary - I don't remember exactly, except that it was a very strange formation. They might even have been standing...the point is, everyone was like - "what the @#%^$ is that!" It was NEW and there's no way we knew it was coming. Until we prove to be good enough to go out and enforce our will on opponents, we should stay much quieter.

The "Radar" defense. The obscenity was that the Bills after seeing it on two consecuctive plays, didn't simply quick snap and send whatever FB or RB in the backfield at the time, straight up the middle - repeatedly.

This is why OCs and their game strategies should be clubbed unconscious from time to time. Unfortunately, they hide well up in the press box these days.

The HC is on the field. When he proves thick, whack him with a cooler jug. I would hope the LBs would smack him and any other coaches on the bench hard until they drifted into unconsciousness, and call the da*n plays themselves, when stuff like this happens.

That was the stupidest, dullest response to a defensive trick that I'd seen in many a year. NE* had to be howling. It went on and on...

<_<

Guest dog14787
Well....the Bills current so-called coaching staff has never been known to be geniuses on or off the field. If Buffalo ran the no huddle in game 1, by game 2 that would have analyzed 350 times by the opponent and well prepared for. The Bills coaching triumvirate would be better served by putting together solid game plans, adopting something called "flexibility" and managing the game clock efficiently rather than getting all caught up in trying to "surprise" the opponent.

Just by announcing the idea of running the no huddle to me gives us a tactical advantage by giving our opponents another problem to contend with and to game plan against forcing them to spend less time on the real problem when facing the Buffalo Bills offense now which is the individual match ups.

Its a great idea to run the no huddle and its a great idea that we are right out in the open about it in my opinion.

offde I mean no offense, but do you really think it makes a difference what hand we do, or don't show...to the New England Patriots...on Monday Night Football...on the road?

In the last 17 games we are 1-16 against this team and have been outscored 432-181 and if they were banned from looking at any film on us leading up to kickoff it will take them all of three plays into our first drive to figure us out.

I hate to be THAT guy, but we kind of live in THAT world.

Who says the coaching staff had anything to do with "telegraphing" thier plans to run a no huddle? From the way I read it Sam Wyche is the one who looked at the players we were picking up and guessed that this is what we were doing. Next thing I knew there were articles about it all over the place.

Billy B has employed that a lot. He did that to us in the SB. I would hope that we would have learned from history . . . .

offde I mean no offense, but do you really think it makes a difference what hand we do, or don't show...to the New England Patriots...on Monday Night Football...on the road?

In the last 17 games we are 1-16 against this team and have been outscored 432-181 and if they were banned from looking at any film on us leading up to kickoff it will take them all of three plays into our first drive to figure us out.

I hate to be THAT guy, but we kind of live in THAT world.

432-181

Not good.

For some reason (being the eternal optimist I suppose), I think that we are about to turn this around. I can dream . . . .

I don't think there are too many secrets in the NFL. All the coaching staffs, GM's, players... they're so tangled the family tree has no branches.

I agree with you. Every team in the NFL feeds it's fans a little preview in the offseason. Who knows if we even see any of these ideas used next season. This no-huddle talk isn't even a blip on any other teams radar. I'm guessing that Bellicheat is more concerned with how he is going to exploit our talented but inexperienced o-line. Trust me Bills fans he isn't designing a new fangled defense to stop our E-gun offense. Besides they have seen a no-huddle before.

Just by announcing the idea of running the no huddle to me gives us a tactical advantage by giving our opponents another problem to contend with and to game plan against forcing them to spend less time on the real problem when facing the Buffalo Bills offense now which is the individual match ups.

Its a great idea to run the no huddle and its a great idea that we are right out in the open about it in my opinion.

This so-called coaching staff first has to demonstrate the ability to put together consistent, well coached games and the players have to demonstrate the ability to execute. Following that, I will be duly excited.

The potential is there, now lets see both parties deliver.

Should the Bills really try and run the no huddle the Bills rookie's and young offensive linemen are going to get schooled by the seasoned veteran Patriots D line as they have seen everything.

About the only way the Bills actually stand a chance against that Pats defense is to mount an effective running game, but they won't. Turk 'shotgun" Schonert will call pass plays until Edwards is either injured or starts dumping everything off to Fred Jackson.

The Buffalo defense should fair better then the offense simply because they have more veteran coaches who know what they are doing to some degree. I have very little faith in the Bills 2nd year OC and 2nd year OL coach and the zone blocking scheme the Bills use.

What importance is carried by announcing a philosophy? This is subaltern irrelevance, for heaven's sake. Who gives a rat's hairy @$$? Why does it make the coaching staff "stupid"?

1) If the team can pull the no-huddle together and make it produce efficiently, well...BFD on whether you telegraph your intentions? People knew the no-huddle K-Gun was coming every week. EVERY GODDAMN WEEK! And the Bills lost each and every single game, because their opponents were aware of the K-Gun, and neutralized it effectively. [i'm looking for that damn sarcasm icon.]

2) I love the idea of the no-huddle. Love it. I think it plays to the Bills' advantage. Young, fresh guards pounding it over and over and over ad nauseum against 29-30 year-old tackles. The best BEST thing that could happen to the Bills would be having Seau and Bruschi out there against a no-huddle. You can't BUY enough oxygen for that bench. But at the end of the game, do I think we're going to see it on a daily basis? Come ON! Do you remember Gregg Williams telling us in training camp in (what was it) 2003 that the Bills were going to feature a "West Coast Offense" and a "46 Defense". And that lasted HOW long? Until the first game when they realized that they didn't have the players. Boy, all those opposing coordinators sure quaked in their boots, didn't they?

I'll believe....no, wait a minute. Who CARES what I believe? Or YOU believe? It's what the opposing coaches believe. And if I'm a coach opposing the Bills, I'll believe it when they pull it off two, three and four games into the season. Then I have a problem. And by that time, the Bills coaching staff is looking pretty goddamn smart.

Come on. Tell me again how this makes the coaching staff "stupid". Sheesh.

You dont catch a team like the Pats by surprise for longer then one or two series'. They would quickly make adjustments and figure out how to slow that down.

If you have to rely on stunts or gimmicks, you wont win many games against good coached teams.

I would not mind seeing it sprinkled in here or there. But as much as it makes a D tired, those big O lineman also can get pretty winded.

First of all, the no huddle is something all teams prepare to play against and the Patriots are a veteran defensive team. It's not really the surprise that is going to beat them, it's the execution of the plays.

Which brings up the real question you should be asking: is it more worth it to only practice the no huddle in practice against your own defense and not use it in the five pre-season games and then try to pull a surprise on the Patsies for one half of one game? OR... Use the 5 preseason games against 5 different defenses a couple series each to try to get out the kinks. I'd say the games is a better strategy.

You dont catch a team like the Pats by surprise for longer then one or two series'. They would quickly make adjustments and figure out how to slow that down.

If you have to rely on stunts or gimmicks, you wont win many games against good coached teams.

I would not mind seeing it sprinkled in here or there. But as much as it makes a D tired, those big O lineman also can get pretty winded.

So nothing like the Tuna obliterating the Pats at home last season by running the wildcat formation over and over? Yeah, they adjusted to that real well <_<

Well, if years past are any indication, they will never run a spread offense or go no-huddle this year after making that anouncement.

It seems like every offseason the coaching staff has all these ideas about how we are going to play and improve through scheme and then we show up game one playing some variation of the same thing: crap football.

Maybe it's a double-secret smokescreen. Our division will have all their players running wind sprints to make sure their in shape and then we come out and run the ball down their throats after they spent all training camp getting in better shape and lighter.

you are correct.

this announcement is another marketing ploy to hype the team for the sole purpose of selling tickets and merchandise.

maybe it's also to keep TO's head from exploding as the OL gets totally replaced.

it has nothing to do with the ultra conservative crap Dick will use on gameday.

First of all, the no huddle is something all teams prepare to play against and the Patriots are a veteran defensive team. It's not really the surprise that is going to beat them, it's the execution of the plays.

Which brings up the real question you should be asking: is it more worth it to only practice the no huddle in practice against your own defense and not use it in the five pre-season games and then try to pull a surprise on the Patsies for one half of one game? OR... Use the 5 preseason games against 5 different defenses a couple series each to try to get out the kinks. I'd say the games is a better strategy.

And then there was Jimmy Two Times, who got that nickname because he said everything twice, like: I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers.

lol

And then there was Jimmy Two Times, who got that nickname because he said everything twice, like: I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers.

lol

<_<:P

I sent it from my phone and it didnt go through so I sent it again and it did, so I sent it again and it did.

lol

Guest dog14787
I agree with you. Every team in the NFL feeds it's fans a little preview in the offseason. Who knows if we even see any of these ideas used next season. This no-huddle talk isn't even a blip on any other teams radar. I'm guessing that Bellicheat is more concerned with how he is going to exploit our talented but inexperienced o-line. Trust me Bills fans he isn't designing a new fangled defense to stop our E-gun offense. Besides they have seen a no-huddle before.

I hope teams do overlook our talks of running the no huddle, especially the Pats. I also hope its more than just talk. <_<

Our offense is already capable of creating mismatches so by increasing the pace and giving Bellicheat problems substituting, Bellicheat's defense could be caught off guard a little by the no huddle especially considering they are an older more veteran team. Being by far the younger team and one of the youngest in the NFL I might add, stamina may be one of the things Buffalo could use to its advantage by running the no huddle. Plus Trent Edwards is a smart, unselfish QB with allot of weapons at his disposal run and pass. The no huddle with TE at the helm could make the Buffalo Bills almost impossible for any defense to stop in my opinion.

I do agree with some posters though in that without proper game planning and execution it doesn't matter what you do.

Guest dog14787
Because there is no way we would have tried practicing this at training camp which anyone can go to or a preseason game which are televised. The pats* would never see it coming....

Nawww, never <_<

Because there is no way we would have tried practicing this at training camp which anyone can go to or a preseason game which are televised. The pats* would never see it coming....

What they would not see coming would be a properly executed no-huddle.

DJ has the wrong personality to be a head coach. He can not be an accomodating Pollyanna all the time, which he is. 'Til the Bills flush him, we're essentially going nowhere regardless of team talent.

Exactly. Exactly.

Sigh...you must be kidding if you think that the Patriots would have Nooo Ideea what to expect from us, a young team installing a no-huddle for the first time, which will require extensive practice and certain appearances in public practices if not right in a preseason game. Scouts for both week 1 teams abound in training camp.

Nothing gets by NFL teams. It's their job to be prepared.

Besides, every team's defense rehearses the no-huddle. If they don't, they're idiots. We play Belichick week 1. I uh...I think he'd be ready for the no-huddle even if these articles weren't written.

So to call our coaching staff stupid for talking about this? *That* is really stupid...

Well to be fair that article that Tim Graham either wrote or posted ( I am pretty sure he wrote it but I am not a 100% sure ) kind of tipped off the league to at least prepare for the possibility for a no huddle offense. I also think that they want to use the no huddle as a real offensive set rather than a gimmick. I am pretty sure they want to use it in pratice, scrimmages, as well as pre season games and be fully prepared to implement it.

So eventually the league and the pats would have known.

you are correct.

this announcement is another marketing ploy to hype the team for the sole purpose of selling tickets and merchandise.

maybe it's also to keep TO's head from exploding as the OL gets totally replaced.

it has nothing to do with the ultra conservative crap Dick will use on gameday.

lmao

Yeah, I'm sure Owens and Edwards were just fuming that the Bills were using first day draft picks to help the O-line. Thats the last thing an offensive player would want, right?

lmao

Yeah, I'm sure Owens and Edwards were just fuming that the Bills were using first day draft picks to help the O-line. Thats the last thing an offensive player would want, right?

you are right

why would they be concerned when the Bills traded away an elite Pro Bowl LT and replaced him with a slow fat guy that can't handle speed rushers.

no concern either that every position on the OL will be someone new - with very little to no NFL experience

the OL will be different, but whether it is improved when the season starts remains to be seen - especially to an extent capable of running a no huddle offense.

I takes a very unique group of Offensive Linemen to run the no huddle the way the 90 Bills did. They have to be in great shape. NOT Good shape, Great shape. How many times were there stories of the opposing D's just gasping for air. You basically have to be in better shape then they are.

I think you can't make this call until you see where your personnel stands.

It does'nt matter what offense the Bills run thier going to suck anyway and it not just the coaching staff that is stupid it's the front office that is stupid also. Why would you go out and draft players out position and use your first round pick on a one hit wonder, under sized player that played very littlel in colledge.Maybin in my opinion has Eric Flowers writen all over him. :oops: I think we are in for a very long season and Ralphy boy is'nt much better,Keeping Dick "Head" Juaron was just as stupid as anything else this moron has done in his 50 years owning the team.