Ten "worst" films ever

WWVaBeach

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only recently. Little Nicky, Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Big Daddy, The Waterboy, Funny People, The Animal (Not a star, but he made a pretty funny cameo) were all very hilarious movies. He's really funny, he's just lost that golden touch. Sad thing really. :-(

I only saw bits and pieces of those movies, and I could not finish them because they were just horrible.

Adam Sandler is not funny and has never been funny.

I only saw bits and pieces of those movies, and I could not finish them because they were just horrible.

Adam Sandler is not funny and has never been funny.

His stand-up back in the early 90s was great. My ex g/f and I used to watch a show on the comedy channel called "Short Attention Span Theater" and he was often on there. He was just a kid back then, but clearly had some comedy chops.

Howard the Duck was a guilty pleasure.

Wait a minute, what the hell? BWP HAPPENS to be one of my fav movies, and definitley the scariest movie ever made. You've been watching too much Paranormal Lametivity and Saw and forgotten what REAL great movies are!

I will defend "The Blair Witch Project" for as long as I live, but Selmon, you have to accept the fact that with this movie, people either love it or hate it.

I will defend "The Blair Witch Project" for as long as I live, but Selmon, you have to accept the fact that with this movie, people either love it or hate it.

Only saw it once, at home on DVD. I was feeling great when it started, but the camerawork gave me a severe headache. :thumbdown:

I thought Blair Witch was brilliant...and just as I was ready for it to REALLY kick asss, it ended <_<

I have been a fan of lost footage films, though, with Cloverfield being my personal favorite. Actually I just saw Chronicle and that was pretty good, too.

Only saw it once, at home on DVD. I was feeling great when it started, but the camerawork gave me a severe headache. :thumbdown:

You are not the only person who had that problem, and I can understand that the shaky camera was a big turnoff to some people.

I still think BWP is a good thriller.

Little Nicky, Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Big Daddy, The Waterboy, Funny People, The Animal (Not a star, but he made a pretty funny cameo) were all very hilarious movies.

Howard the Duck was a guilty pleasure.

Wow. :blink:

Maybe someone can rename this thread "Films recommended by Selmon Smith"

His stand-up back in the early 90s was great. My ex g/f and I used to watch a show on the comedy channel called "Short Attention Span Theater" and he was often on there. He was just a kid back then, but clearly had some comedy chops.

Did he do the stupid voices back then too? That has to be his biggest downfall, the stupid voices and the ridiculously stupid characters he plays. I can watch a few of his movies like Happy Gilmore, The Wedding Singer, and Big Daddy. He's playing relatively normal people in those movies, with normal of course being relative to the rest of his career (yes, Happy Gilmore is normal compared to playing the devil, a retarded southerner, or his own twin sister).

If he just stayed away from so many characters maybe people would have a higher opinion of him. Then again, the need to play all of those types probably says a lot about his talent level (its low).

The absolute worst movie is the remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still. It was an absolute piece of crap. An insult to the original, which is a classic. I was pissed off for a day after I saw it.

I'm getting mad again just thinking about it. Gort is friggin insects. Give me a break.

Did he do the stupid voices back then too? That has to be his biggest downfall, the stupid voices and the ridiculously stupid characters he plays. I can watch a few of his movies like Happy Gilmore, The Wedding Singer, and Big Daddy. He's playing relatively normal people in those movies, with normal of course being relative to the rest of his career (yes, Happy Gilmore is normal compared to playing the devil, a retarded southerner, or his own twin sister).

If he just stayed away from so many characters maybe people would have a higher opinion of him. Then again, the need to play all of those types probably says a lot about his talent level (its low).

The other thing I think is that Sandler looks too old now to be playing most of his recent roles. Not saying they would be good otherwise, since they are pretty brutal, but it doesn't help.

My guilty pleasures for comedies (along with the GREAT Pootie Tang) are most of the ones starring Rob Schneider, much better than Sandler's. I know it's been awhile since they came out, but I really lmao at The Animal & The Hot Chick.

The absolute worst movie is the remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still. It was an absolute piece of crap. An insult to the original, which is a classic. I was pissed off for a day after I saw it.

I'm getting mad again just thinking about it. Gort is friggin insects. Give me a break.

Yeah, it's a freaking masterpiece of crap. DEFINITLEY one of the worstand most unnecesarry remakes ever made

Never saw Hostel; Saw was mediocre.

And people who claim to enjoy in any form Howard The Duck should not be tossing accusations of "dumbed down" so freely.

Look, I never said HTD was a good movie. I just thought it was a funny movie, with an interesting albeit different concept. It's a bad movie, but I enjoyed it. Other bad movies I enjoyed include The Phantom, Legion and Dragonball: Evolution. Surely you have some guilty pleasures as well.

Amen!

That re-make was a complete and total offense to the original.

Amen!

That re-make was a complete and total offense to the original.

Wicker Man might be a worse remake though...Then again...Thet could be a "so bad, it's good" kind of film. Coincedantally, the original is one of my Top 11 Movies I need to see. Pretty much every slasher remake apart from the Nightmare on Elm Street seems destined for failure. Overrall, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Eye, and the 1976 King Kong are the worst remakes ever made.

Edited by SelmonSmith6378

No worst movie list is complete without "Be Kind, Rewind" starring Jack Black and Danny Glover. Absolute dog crap. The first and only time I've seriously considered getting up and walking out of the theater, but I kept holding out some glimmer of hope. Bad decision.

No worst movie list is complete without "Be Kind, Rewind" starring Jack Black and Danny Glover. Absolute dog crap. The first and only time I've seriously considered getting up and walking out of the theater, but I kept holding out some glimmer of hope. Bad decision.

Odd...Jack Black is usually pretty funny (YEAR ONE DID NOT HAPPEN!!), and Danny Glover's one of my fave actors. But, I'll trust your word and avoid it. Like I said, Year One is probably the worst JB film ever. Not funny, badly acted, badly written. Decent cast+executed poorly=TERRIBLE movie!

You have to pull Striptease off that list for artistic reasons alone. Complete and udder BS that it's on there.

:thumbsup: I actually kinda liked The Postman.

Worst ever all time movie?

Joe vs. the Volcano

I liked the Postman as well.

I liked Waterworld up until the oil tanker got involved and I liked Battlefield Earth and the Postman. Bad list if you ask me.

I liked the Postman as well.

I liked Waterworld up until the oil tanker got involved and I liked Battlefield Earth and the Postman. Bad list if you ask me.

I loved Battlefield Earth. One of the funniest movies I've seen in my life. Just something mesmerizing about the awful dialogue, and Joh Travolta doing the worst acting of his entire career, which is really saying something. And how can you not burst into laughter over the hilariously unimpressive special effects? It is one of the most entertaining films I've seen in a while. Battlefield Earth is not "so bad it's good". It's so bad...It's a wonderful, wonderful masterpiece.

I loved Battlefield Earth. One of the funniest movies I've seen in my life. Just something mesmerizing about the awful dialogue, and Joh Travolta doing the worst acting of his entire career, which is really saying something. And how can you not burst into laughter over the hilariously unimpressive special effects? It is one of the most entertaining films I've seen in a while. Battlefield Earth is not "so bad it's good". It's so bad...It's a wonderful, wonderful masterpiece.

Yes it was like a Klingon version of Spaceballs. Humans love rat!

Our Idiot Brother was brutal. I didn't want to see that movie in the first place, but unfortunately I got out-voted by my friends that night. I made everyone walk out on that piece of dog crap not even 20 minutes in. Everyone thanked me for that.

Our Idiot Brother was brutal. I didn't want to see that movie in the first place, but unfortunately I got out-voted by my friends that night. I made everyone walk out on that piece of dog crap not even 20 minutes in. Everyone thanked me for that.

It actually wasn't so bad if you had stuck it out.

It actually wasn't so bad if you had stuck it out.

Really? Maybe I'll catch it on directv one day. I'll let you know how I like it. BTW, I hold you responsible if the movie still sucks. Lol!

20 pages and no mention of Batman & Robin? Wow. People have really short memories....Or you just like bat-nipples.

Saw The Roommate today...I'm not gonna say WORST I've ever seen...But DEFINITLEY up there. Terrible acting, no scares whatsoever, (Or even chills) stupid characters. Big Fat Waste of Time. Bad Teacher should also be here. GOD is that movie terrible! It makes Cameron Diaz look bad and it makes Jason Segal look even WORSE! I didn;t even pay for it and I want my hour and a half back. I did not laugh ONCE!

Am I the only one who actually enjoyed Battlefield Earth?

Apparently not.

Here we go w/ this topic again. I'll stick by my usuals here:

Batman and Robin

Nothing But Trouble

Snow Falling On Cedars

The Talented Mr Ripley

these are some of the worst atrocities disguised as films I've ever seen.

See Selmon, someone did mention it. Sometimes you have to read every page of the thread.

-Meet the Spartans

-Epic Movie

-Disaster Movie

-Daredevil

-It

-Lawnmower Man

Meet the Spartans, Epic Movie and Disaster Movie were some of the worst all time, and definitley the worst comedies. Not at all funny, or clever, just unbelievebly stupid. Seltzer and Friedberg are the worst thing to happen to filmmaking since Uwe Boll. However Daredevil was a fantastic comic book movie, and definitley one of the best comic book movies I've seen. MCD was fantastic as the Kingpin, the script was great for a superhero film, and Affleck was okay as Daredevil. I loved it, and I accept full responsibility for the bashing that my opinion will cause.Never seen It or Lawnmower man.

I already added some, but here are some more.

The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl

North

Paranormal Activity

Transformers 2

Red Riding Hood.

Edited by SelmonSmith6378

Really? Maybe I'll catch it on directv one day. I'll let you know how I like it. BTW, I hold you responsible if the movie still sucks. Lol!

Fair enough! :) I mean, I'm a paul rudd fan so I have more patience than most probably, but I found it to be funny once it hit its stride. It's by no means an excellent movie, but not the worst imo.

:beer:

Fair enough! :) I mean, I'm a paul rudd fan so I have more patience than most probably, but I found it to be funny once it hit its stride. It's by no means an excellent movie, but not the worst imo.

:beer:

I used to be a much bigger Paul Rudd fan, and he still seems like a cool guy. I've come to think of him, though, as something of a one trick pony. Can he pull off anything besides some combination of naive/affable/flustered?

I used to be a much bigger Paul Rudd fan, and he still seems like a cool guy. I've come to think of him, though, as something of a one trick pony. Can he pull off anything besides some combination of naive/affable/flustered?

Does he have to?

Edited by tgreg99

Fair enough, but I appreciate versatility. The one non-comedic role I've seen him in is Nick Carraway (from Gatsby) and it was wholly uninspired.

You can't say he's bad at what he does, that's for sure. :thumbsup:

I don't disagree -- but I think he's going to have a very different, and still successful, career once he hits his 50s and starts looking more his age. Though the movie wasn't the best, the most recent James L Brooks flick he did he showed a bit more range. And I'd say he exhibited some good range in Knocked Up.

But again, I'm biased. I know.

If you want to see Rudd with a bit more range, check out Diggers. Can't say it's a HUGE departure for him, but definitely required more range.

Look, I never said HTD was a good movie. I just thought it was a funny movie, with an interesting albeit different concept. It's a bad movie, but I enjoyed it. Other bad movies I enjoyed include The Phantom, Legion and Dragonball: Evolution. Surely you have some guilty pleasures as well.

Nope. I only like good movies.

It helps that I define "good movie" as "movie I like."

So yeah...Hudson Hawk was a good movie. "Looks like you won't be attending that hat convention in July!" The rest of the world is just wrong.

Nope. I only like good movies.

It helps that I define "good movie" as "movie I like."

So yeah...Hudson Hawk was a good movie. "Looks like you won't be attending that hat convention in July!" The rest of the world is just wrong.

If loving Hudson Hawk is wrong, I don't wanna be right. (3 minutes 55 seconds)