McShay just gave us the best draft

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if this draft proved anything, its that Kelsay is NOT the player to trade away.

our dlineman play situationally and in waves. we picked Maybin, a pure pass rushing DE. we now NEED to keep Kelsay to play stout against the run, which he actually does quite well. there were no all-around every-down DEs available in this draft. we have to keep kelsay to play the run.

Parrish, on the other hand, is not only odd man out in the WR corp but isnt even the best return man on the team anymore. if we could get a 4th, you gotta pull that trigger. but i dont think we'll get anything better than a 5th.

Have you every played football before?

What kind of question is that? I'll answer just to see your ridiculous reasoning: Yes

Now answer me this: What has Whitner done that makes you think he's more of an "in the box" SS then a FS with decent instincts? If you answer that he's a "Hard Hitting" SS like Deep2Evans then maybe you need to watch more football.

if this draft proved anything, its that Kelsay is NOT the player to trade away.

our dlineman play situationally and in waves. we picked Maybin, a pure pass rushing DE. we now NEED to keep Kelsay to play stout against the run, which he actually does quite well. there were no all-around every-down DEs available in this draft. we have to keep kelsay to play the run.

Parrish, on the other hand, is not only odd man out in the WR corp but isnt even the best return man on the team anymore. if we could get a 4th, you gotta pull that trigger. but i dont think we'll get anything better than a 5th.

We have a guy to play stout against the run....Ryan Denney. We don't need two of these guys. Plus Spencer Johnson can rotate at DE.

I like your thinking and I agree that Maybin is a perfect compliment to a run-stopping DE. But we don't need three of them.

I'd honestly trade Kelsay for just about anything. 3 or 4 nice plays per year seems to be his ceiling and his contract does more damage to this team than keeping him around. He does not separate himself from Denney (who is painfully average as well) and with Maybin (sink or swim) he is even more expendable than he was 8 hours ago.

Package him with a 4th to get a 3rd for all I care....

I'd settle for that in a heartbeat!

We have a guy to play stout against the run....Ryan Denney. We don't need two of these guys. Plus Spencer Johnson can rotate at DE.

I like your thinking and I agree that Maybin is a perfect compliment to a run-stopping DE. But we don't need three of them.

Maybin is young and has to develop as both a pass rusher and a run defender given where he was picked. It'll probably take some time but he has the chance to be very good if we can put the athletism to good use. Bruce became a great run defender over time.

agreed that we dont need three. but personally, id rather have kelsay in there than denney or johnson. i know that this is just guessing the lesser of 3 evils, but now that we have a pass rusher, they most likely (hopefully) wont seem so bad. plus, ive never been a kelsay "hater". he's no elite athlete, but he's not horrible either. he's been consistently serviceable.

we agree on the overall point though.

id still rather get something for Parrish while he is worth something.

This MUST be tongue in cheek.

You're talking about the best punt returner in National Football League history.

agreed that we dont need three. but personally, id rather have kelsay in there than denney or johnson. i know that this is just guessing the lesser of 3 evils, but now that we have a pass rusher, they most likely (hopefully) wont seem so bad. plus, ive never been a kelsay "hater". he's no elite athlete, but he's not horrible either. he's been consistently serviceable.

we agree on the overall point though.

id still rather get something for Parrish while he is worth something.

Agreed...and I don't hate Kelsay either...that play where he deflected Romo's pass into the air and then caught it for a TD was one of the better plays anyone on defense has made in a few years. I just expected more of him and that ridiculous contract hasn't helped.

About Parrish...Ehhhh, I just don't like the idea of trading away such an electrifying talent. He has shown that will likely never be more than an average #3 (ceiling), but he is basically the best statistical punt returner in the history of this league. I think the intangible he brings there in the form of confidence and excitation really can't be measured and is surely worth more than whatever depth player we'd get from a 5th rd pick.

What kind of question is that? I'll answer just to see your ridiculous reasoning: Yes

Now answer me this: What has Whitner done that makes you think he's more of an "in the box" SS then a FS with decent instincts? If you answer that he's a "Hard Hitting" SS like Deep2Evans then maybe you need to watch more football.

What have you seen that makes you think he's a better FS than SS? One play where he was playing like a complete warrior for us with a separated shoulder (which must have been extremely painful). Even with the shoulder he wasn't exactly diving at ankles was he? Cut Donte some slack, he's our SS. Play football long enough everyone gets trucked eventually. If he's healthy next year I expect we'll see a new level of play from him. Just my opinion.

Agreed...and I don't hate Kelsay either...that play where he deflected Romo's pass into the air and then caught it for a TD was one of the better plays anyone on defense has made in a few years. I just expected more of him and that ridiculous contract hasn't helped.

About Parrish...Ehhhh, I just don't like the idea of trading away such an electrifying talent. He has shown that will likely never be more than an average #3 (ceiling), but he is basically the best statistical punt returner in the history of this league. I think the intangible he brings there in the form of confidence and excitation really can't be measured and is surely worth more than whatever depth player we'd get from a 5th rd pick.

agreed that Parrish is electrifying. for now. but couple together the fact that he isnt getting any younger, and the kids coming out of college will soon all be as fast as he is, and he only has another year or so of being a premier returner.

Parrish isnt going to see the field as a WR, and most teams now do their best to kick away from him. add to it that we have possibly 2 or 3 other kids who can return just as well (if not BETTER) and its obvious that he should be moved now.

Kelsay will most likely be starting the majority of snaps at DE. Parrish will take the field maybe 8 times a game and touch the ball maybe 2 or 3 times.

and the only reason i want to trade him, isnt for the player we'd draft in the 5th, but rather the player we'd possibly trade that pick for. dont get me wrong, i dont want to trade him "no matter what", i only want to move these guys if we have another potential trade in the works.

agreed that Parrish is electrifying. for now. but couple together the fact that he isnt getting any younger, and the kids coming out of college will soon all be as fast as he is, and he only has another year or so of being a premier returner.

Parrish isnt going to see the field as a WR, and most teams now do their best to kick away from him. add to it that we have possibly 2 or 3 other kids who can return just as well (if not BETTER) and its obvious that he should be moved now.

Kelsay will most likely be starting the majority of snaps at DE. Parrish will take the field maybe 8 times a game and touch the ball maybe 2 or 3 times.

and the only reason i want to trade him, isnt for the player we'd draft in the 5th, but rather the player we'd possibly trade that pick for. dont get me wrong, i dont want to trade him "no matter what", i only want to move these guys if we have another potential trade in the works.

I'm not sold, but you make good points.

Tell you what though, if the Bills do end up pulling the trigger on Roscoe, I'll dig your post up and re-read it a few times to remember the positives (as I ice my hand and re-spackle the hole in the wall :thumbsup: )

What have you seen that makes you think he's a better FS than SS? One play where he was playing like a complete warrior for us with a separated shoulder (which must have been extremely painful). Even with the shoulder he wasn't exactly diving at ankles was he? Cut Donte some slack, he's our SS. Play football long enough everyone gets trucked eventually. If he's healthy next year I expect we'll see a new level of play from him. Just my opinion.

I respect your opinion but we are going on year 4 of Donte at SS, how much more slack should we give him? Maybe another year or two? Just because you're a warrior doesn't mean you have to play SS, there are warrior's at FS too.

As far as what I've seen that makes me think he's more of a FS then SS? The last 5 or 6 games last year when the coaching staff who drafted him as a SS moved him to FS and put Scott in, Donte actually looked comfortable back there and he seemed to be able to call better coverage from back there. You realize that Donte is sort of the QB of our secondary don't you? He can see the field better 10 yards off then 4. I think Donte's strong point is his brain.

I'm not sold, but you make good points.

Tell you what though, if the Bills do end up pulling the trigger on Roscoe, I'll dig your post up and re-read it a few times to remember the positives (as I ice my hand and re-spackle the hole in the wall :rolleyes: )

lol, just keep holding that cold beer, consume, and repeat :thumbsup:

again, im not pushing for it, but i understand the logic if it means we can trade for scheffler or someone...

we suck. mcshay's an idiot. do you really think we did damage w/ this years draft. if you do, you're dreaming.

bills move to toronto in 2012.

it's over. it's all over.

Could not agree with you more. These draft picks are a total joke and I do not like them at all. what a bunch of bums. thanks modrak you pile of pig s#^t for another suck hole draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Could not agree with you more. These draft picks are a total joke and I do not like them at all. what a bunch of bums. thanks modrak you pile of pig s#^t for another suck hole draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

You could not agree more that the Bills should be in Toronto in 2012?

Do us all a favor: go back to February 2009, and don't register on this board.

You could not agree more that the Bills should be in Toronto in 2012?

Do us all a favor: go back to February 2009, and don't register on this board.

I was talking about the draft you stupid jackass!!! show some inteligence and shut up YOU FOOL!!! :thumbsup: And by the way I joined in march not in febuary it just goes to show that you have s$%t for brains.

I was talking about the draft you stupid jackass!!! show some inteligence and shut up YOU FOOL!!! :rolleyes: And by the way I joined in march not in febuary it just goes to show that you have s$%t for brains.

Well done. :thumbsup:

I was talking about the draft you stupid jackass!!! show some inteligence and shut up YOU FOOL!!! :thumbsup: And by the way I joined in march not in febuary it just goes to show that you have s$%t for brains.

Wow. You are one angry dwarf aren't you?

Todd McShay was asked who the BIG WINNERS of the draft and he didnt hesitate to say the Buffalo Bills, the Bills were the first team he spoke about. I wasnt to thrilled about the draft mainly cause I dont know much about the kids we drafted, but hearing Mcshay talk, im kinda excited. Talked about how Maybin will make an impact immediately, says Wood will be a Pro Bowler for years to come, had great things to say about Byrd & Levitre.

Just an FYI I dont have a link he was just on ESPN.........

Just saw that too. He says all 4 are starters and Maybin is the best pass rusher!

Kiper said he liked Green Bay best, though they only had 2 picks. Both are scratching their heads over Oakland.

4 starters from Day 1 Draft!!

When's the last time that happened?? I think it was 1960!

Wow. Obviously, you wouldn't know intelligence if it slapped you 'upside the head'. That said, I think you're an expert in stool for gray matter.

I'd honestly trade Kelsay for just about anything. 3 or 4 nice plays per year seems to be his ceiling and his contract does more damage to this team than keeping him around. He does not separate himself from Denney (who is painfully average as well) and with Maybin (sink or swim) he is even more expendable than he was 8 hours ago.

Package him with a 4th to get a 3rd for all I care....

If nothing else can be worked out just cut him..

Said he was going "a little off the radar" but that we got the best pass rusher (and "probowl type player") in Maybin and 3 starters after that.

Grain of salt...but hey! :rolleyes:

Nice. I give the Bills a Day One A-. The Byrd pick really pissed me off, considering Everette Brown was sitting there dying to get drafted. Does anyone think getting two of the best five DE's in this draft would have been "overkill", for a team that had all of 24 lousy sacks last year??

But they recovered and traded back into round 2 to grab the highest rated pure guard a few picks later, and that made me feel a lot better. Also, I am hearing that the Bills are projecting Byrd for safety, and they do have a need there, so overall I think the inner circle-jerks did outstanding so far. :thumbsup::lol:

we suck. mcshay's an idiot. do you really think we did damage w/ this years draft. if you do, you're dreaming.

bills move to toronto in 2012.

it's over. it's all over.

27 guys eating potato chips on the couch

Just saw that too. He says all 4 are starters and Maybin is the best pass rusher!

Kiper said he liked Green Bay best, though they only had 2 picks. Both are scratching their heads over Oakland.

Well, I agree they've done a good job in this draft so far. But these guys may all start only becuase the Bills suck. And Maybin may not be able to break into the starting lineup due to his inexperience anyway.

Todd McShay was asked who the BIG WINNERS of the draft and he didnt hesitate to say the Buffalo Bills, the Bills were the first team he spoke about. I wasnt to thrilled about the draft mainly cause I dont know much about the kids we drafted, but hearing Mcshay talk, im kinda excited. Talked about how Maybin will make an impact immediately, says Wood will be a Pro Bowler for years to come, had great things to say about Byrd & Levitre.

Just an FYI I dont have a link he was just on ESPN.........

McShay also was the same guy who berated the Bills for picking Marshawn Lynch 2 drafts ago....Of course the Bills also have a bust in their hand with the McCargo selection in the same year.

1986 ??