Jets moving training camp to Syracuse suburb

In terms of marketing radius, the Jets have the right to market their team anywhere in NY as long as it's not within 75 miles of Ralph Wilson Stadium. While Syracuse is generally considered a 'Bills market', the Giants/Jets can technically market/hold their camp there. No League or Team rules against it. The Bills might not like it, but they also market the Bills in parts of PA and OH.

The extended team territorial mapping rule. I believe it is item 3.2.7.009.48 in the league bylaws.

Which would explain why the Rams and Chiefs set up shop in Wisconsin, and the Cowboys in California?

Wiseguy.

Everywhere east of the rte 81 is mostly Giants/Jets centric more so then Bills already.

not true at all. bills/giants no one likes the jets thats why there trying to get more fans. but most giants/jets fans are called new jersey loving homos so they kind of hide in the closet.

When I read suburb of Syracuse I was thinking something more like Mattydale, or Fayettville, not Cortland. Cortland is far from a suburb of Syracuse.

Not that big deal. Not like Cortland is in Orchard Parks backyard. From SUNY Cortland to Orchard Park is 189 miles, SUNY Cortland to Meadowlands Stadium is 219. Only 30 miles further from NJ as it is from Orchard Park. I say good for Cortland, they could use the money.

True Fun Fact...

Florham Park is the home to the New York Jets training camp...where in 2008 the Jets relocated to...from their old digs/facility which was at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York.

In 2006, Florham Park beat out Berkeley Heights, Jersey City, Millburn, South Amboy, and Wood-Ridge, which had all been finalists contending to be the host of the new facility...

Now after spending millions for their NEW Florham facility, in which they only have USED ONCE....They move their training camp outside of Syracuse to gain more fans and to regionalize!

True Fun Fact...

Florham Park is the home to the New York Jets training camp...where in 2008 the Jets relocated to Florham... from their old digs/facility at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York.

In 2006, Florham Park beat out Berkeley Heights, Jersey City, Millburn, South Amboy, and Wood-Ridge, which had all been finalists contending to be the host of the new facility...

Now after spending millions for their NEW Florham facility, in which they only have USED ONCE....They move their training camp outside of Syracuse to gain more fans and to regionalize!

It's the new coach wanting a more isolated setting. I do not think that regionalization was that big a part of it.

Which would explain why the Rams and Chiefs set up shop in Wisconsin, and the Cowboys in California?

Wiseguy.

The last thing I'd ever call Beerball is wise, just sayin. :wallbash:

Shouldn't the Jets be holding their training camp in the state they actually play in? I'm sure Secaucus would love the business.

:beer:

I got into an argument with a Jests fan because I call them the NJ Jests. I said they play in NJ they aren't a New York team. His answer was they hold training camp in NY. I said that by that logic it should be the California Cowboys and Wisconsin Rams. B-)

Unless the Jests decide to make their TC as great as Buffalo's is it's a very small problem. I doubt they're going to do that. Also, this year is a bad year to do it. I think a lot of people from Syracuse will be showing up at Bills camp because of TO. I'm wondering if the place might overflow.

I wouldn't call Cortland a Syracuse suburb.

Cortland is about 30 miles south of Syracuse. It would be like calling Batavia a suburb of Buffalo. It's a strange place for the Jets to move up route 81 to though. I had no idea Cortland and south down to Binghamton was a hot bed of Jets fans?

I wouldn't call Cortland a Syracuse suburb.

Agreed

Not technically, though it's about a 30-35 minute drive from Syracuse. For all intents & purposes, it's a Syracuse suburb.

Disagree

Syracuse has suburbs?

Fayetteville

Manlius

Clay

Cicero

Brewerton

Solvay

Camillus

Layfayette

Nedrow

I know there's a few more I can't remember right now.

Cortland is about 30 miles south of Syracuse. It would be like calling Batavia a suburb of Buffalo. It's a strange place for the Jets to move up route 81 to though. I had no idea Cortland and south down to Binghamton was a hot bed of Jets fans?

The imaginary dividing line for Bills/Jets has always been Binghamton. West of Binghamton = Bills territory. East of Binghamton = Jets/Giants territory. Good thing I'm west of Binghamton. B-)

I'll bet the NY Jets get many Buffalo fans/NY Giant fans to attend that camp in Cortland NY. Cortland is not far from my place. I will consider attending that camp if they do in fact have it there.

Frez

I'll bet the NY Jets get many Buffalo fans/NY Giant fans to attend that camp in Cortland NY. Cortland is not far from my place. I will consider attending that camp if they do in fact have it there.

Frez

If you're a Jets fan what you just said sounds pathetic. Bills fans attending a Jets training camp. But no Jets fans in attendance because there's very few of them in this part of NY and Cortland is too far away from NYC for the fans to travel to.

Must SUCK for Jets fans!

True Fun Fact...

Florham Park is the home to the New York Jets training camp...where in 2008 the Jets relocated to...from their old digs/facility which was at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York.

Not a fact.

Actually, the Florham Park site is their regular training facility, not their training camp. The facility is where they train year round. Cortland is where they will spend at least part of their training camp. The Florham Park site does not have bleachers, fan parking or dorms so it can't function as a traditional training camp.

If you're a Jets fan what you just said sounds pathetic. Bills fans attending a Jets training camp. But no Jets fans in attendance because there's very few of them in this part of NY and Cortland is too far away from NYC for the fans to travel to.

Must SUCK for Jets fans!

I know plenty of NY Jet fans in my area. I imagine the Cortland camp will be infested with Jets fans when the time comes.

I know plenty of NY Jet fans in my area. I imagine the Cortland camp will be infested with Jets fans when the time comes.

From the NYC area? I just don't see it. They're probably angry that training camp is so far away.

I don't care about Cortland area bandwagon Jets fans.