v-coach - Bob Sanders hired as d-line coach

At this point, any coach willing to work for DJ must be questioned and desperate for work.

Besides, any coach who signs on in Buffalo knows the coach has one season to prove himself. That's not a lot of job security.

My friend the die-hard Packers fan, just called to laugh at me.

I've heard and read nothing but terrible things on the guy on Packer boards and news so naturally he's a great fit for the Bills (the home of hiring sh!tty coaches that no other team would touch with a 10-foot pole....)

My friend the die-hard Packers fan, just called to laugh at me.

I've heard and read nothing but terrible things on the guy on Packer boards and news so naturally he's a great fit for the Bills (the home of hiring sh!tty coaches that no other team would touch with a 10-foot pole....)

And we all know how knowledgeable fan message boards are!!

"Players begin to question coaching, and coaches begin to question whether or not their players are buying in to the system they are preaching. I have been there before in my career, and once that slide hits, everyone in the locker room begins to question whether they have the right man for the job leading their defense."

It hurt to read this ... does this not sound exactly like the situation in Buffalo? I know the players seem to be unified behind Jauron but this remark from Bowen does not bode well.

at least it is the first time in a while where we are getting a coach that is over qualified.usually we pick up coaches and they work in a position they never have before.i am at least glad to see a defensive coordinator work just the d-line.....go bills in"2012

I can't understand the immediate negativity here. The guy is going to be DL COACH for pete's sake! He's not going to be the coordinator! Don't people here realize there is a difference between job roles and what they are asked to do? Are people retarded?

Why don't you more closely compare his role as position coach in Miami instead of that of DC? That would be a more accurate assessment.

Christ, give the guy a friggin chance.

Sanders was pretty good with his 7 years as DLine coach of the Florida Gators. You may remember three of his pupils, Jevon Kearse, Kevin Carter and Huey Richardson.

"While Sanders was with Florida, the Gators led the Southeastern Conference in sacks four straight seasons (1996-99). With the Gators for 11 years (1990-2000), Sanders coached multiple defensive positions, helping the club capture five SEC championships and the 1995 national title.

Prior to his time at Florida, Sanders spent five years at Duke. In his last season with the Blue Devils, 1989, the squad went 8-4 and won the school's first Atlantic Coast Conference Championship since 1965. "

http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/sanders_bob/

some of you people must not be able to read...

look at his stats in this paragraph...

Sanders oversaw a Green Bay defense that tied for the NFC-lead with 22 interceptions and ranked fourth in the NFC with 28 takeaways in 2008. They also lead the league with six interceptions returned for touchdowns. In 2007, Green Bay’s defense ranked third in the NFL in third-down defense, sixth in scoring defense and 12th overall.

In 2006, Green Bay ranked among the best pass-rushing defenses in the NFL. The Packers ranked first in the NFC (fourth in the NFL) with 46.0 sacks. Green Bay also ranked fourth in the NFL with 29 forced fumbles and fifth in the NFC in overall defense (11th in the league).

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THOSE STATS PEOPLE?

And...somebody said this article does not bode well...but read it again and apply some common sense...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/66611-g...strategy/page/1

It says he was bad on 3rd downs...but his Defense ranked 3rd in the NFL in 3rd-down defense last year. It also says that Phillip Rivers and Eli Manning are "Mobile" Quarterbacks!?! Ehhh...not quite! So, how credible is this article as a source??? The article also claims that the problem was that guys were out of place, not in the right gaps and they were "trying to do too much." So, that tells me that the players were not doing their job as they are taught to do...that my friends is not the coaches fault. They lost Johnny Jolly, Corey Williams and Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila from last year's D-line.

Bottom line...I think it is a great addition to our Coaching Staff, and certainly 100% upgrade over Bill Kollar. Just listen to some of the other points being made...it is a Defensive Coordinator taking over as our DEFENSIVE LINE COACH!

Hi,

My name is Don Zak and I am number 59864 on the 2007 Green Bay Packers Season Ticket List. I grew up in Green Bay during the 1990s so my opinion is clearly biased in favor of the beloved Green and Gold. It seems that the voice of reason and rationality has left the Green Bay community, sacrificed upon the alter of a false idol promising a SB without drafting any real talent or acquiring the best people available to put the team in a position to win the big games. Besides, it's not only about the team winning, but the fans and the community suffers as well when things don't go well.

After the loss to the Vikings I have become bitter, withdrawn and probably will not continue to write articles. Taking a fifth of Kentucky Gentleman and a shotgun downstairs...... To plan the end of TT.

That guy would fit in perfectly at TSW...

Dweeb alert

He'll fit right in.

I think some of you are just looking for a reason to complain. This seems to be a move up. He was fired so that McCarthy could change his D styles. He was fired because the team didn't meet expectations. He had decent numbers. Besides he has work on D lines most of his career. He has worked with some great talent. One would think he knew a little about coaching. I mean he has been doing it for 22 years at a high level.

I like this hire; as well as the Nix hire. I was expecting Jauron just to take on the responsibility of the DL coach. Then in his press conferences we could have heard him say that he respected the dl players decision in the game not to rush the passer.