Gonzalez Report

BillsVet

KC's gm has a reputation of being difficult to trade with. He has turned down several trade opportunities in the past that could have helped his team, because the trade was equal instead of a clear victory for him. I do not think Gonzalez will be traded. I'm going to guess that he would not be traded for less than a 2nd round pick, and no team is going to give up that for Gonzalez at this stage of his career.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The buffalobills.com website is reporting that scout.com reported the bills offered a 3rd round pick

I was watching the NFL today on Sunday and it said the Chiefs were looking for a 3rd round pick

I think this could happen. Nobody else is putting up the offer we have at least right now.....also I think Gonzales himself might go for this because we are 4-1 right now and look like a good young team that he would definately start on.

I dont want to get too excited.....everybody knows I think a elite Tight End would really help this team and TG is that.

Some very good points. The question is, does one feel the Bills are close to MAKING the playoffs, or winning a game

in the playoffs. I think they still need to build the roster, the O-line/D-line and receivers specifically.

Would they need to change the offense to get T.G. the ball?

Do the Bills know how to use a pass catching TE?

I definitely think The Bills can make the Playoffs this Year and many years to come mainly because I think TE is a special QB...And as long as You have a good QB in The NFL you have a shot at winning...The Roster does need to be tweeked but The Bills are young, there is plenty of talent, and they should continue to improve...

The changes in the Offense would probably be adding a thing or two in order to get Gonzalez the Ball in certain situations...But I think for most part The Offense would remain the same...There are probably plenty of chances for the TE Position already installed...The Bills just don't have a decent TE...

I doubt The Bills would have much of a problem utilizing TG...He's a savvy Vet and an intellegent Player...He'll do just fine...

Now get er' done!!! :(

If there was any trepidation on TG's part, maybe they could get his former teammate - Kawika Mitchell - to call him to let him know what a great thing Buffalo has going for it.

He could also tell him that being in Buffalo is much better than playing with the Giants. That big city stuff is overrated. :(

If there was any trepidation on TG's part, maybe they could get his former teammate - Kawika Mitchell - to call him to let him know what a great thing Buffalo has going for it.

He could also tell him that being in Buffalo is much better than playing with the Giants. That big city stuff is overrated. :(

I tell you what, If I'm Brandon, I'm working the full court press with KC and TG as we post. Having Mitchell call is a great idea. Have other Bills touch base with him, make it understood they think he's the missing piece.

I don't think our lack of production at the TE position has anything to do with WHO our tight end as much as the play calling is not geared towards passes to the tight end.

I think they are related. I agree that the Bills should be using the TE more, even with the current personnel. While they aren't Pro Bowl guys, than can contribute more to the offense. But, getting TG would likely be the event (tipping point, if you will) that actually gets them to do that. The Bills would almost be FORCED to use the tight end more. Win-win.

I don't think our lack of production at the TE position has anything to do with WHO our tight end as much as the play calling is not geared towards passes to the tight end.

Which is the chicken & which is the egg?

I agree that it is not who is playing, but how the plays are called, BUT...I think having TG will force us to have plays directed towards him, he'll give TE a confidant option, and if calls aren't played, his name will be enough of a threat for teams to focus more defensive attention on him, hopefully having LB's cover him, leaving less of a blitz and more options to flat passes to one of our RBs. I agree our TE's suck mostly because of plays called, but I also think I'd be crazy to think TG wouldn't have a significant contribution.

I would think that would change with a weapon like TG. Also, with TE's ability to see the whole field, he will see TG when he gets open.

I hope they make an announcement soon because I am not getting much work done. This would be an OUTSTANDING move!!

No......the play calling is not geared towards passes to the tight end because of WHO our tight ends are.

Do any of you think that the team wouldn't make a trade because they would worry about TG coming into a new situation and learning the plays, etc.? We have a young team and maybe throwing someone on the team in the middle of the season would could some problems. I'm not sure if it would, just a thought though. THat being said, I want Brandon to get er done!

No......the play calling is not geared towards passes to the tight end because of WHO our tight ends are.

.02: If we get TG, who is going to block? If TG is in the game and he is going out, I am sending all-out blitzes at TE. OK, maybe he completes some of them but there is the chance that he takes a good hit (re: Arizona) and is lost. They are keeping Royal, et al, in on most occasions so that TE has enough time. Take the tight end away and its the Pamplona blitz. If TG has to block most of the time, why give up so much for him? They also want to get Lynch and Jackson involved in the passing game. Maybe keep Royal, etc. in to protect Edwards and send out Lynch and Jackson more often as receivers.

.02: If we get TG, who is going to block? If TG is in the game and he is going out, I am sending all-out blitzes at TE. OK, maybe he completes some of them but there is the chance that he takes a good hit (re: Arizona) and is lost. They are keeping Royal, et al, in on most occasions so that TE has enough time. Take the tight end away and its the Pamplona blitz. If TG has to block most of the time, why give up so much for him? They also want to get Lynch and Jackson involved in the passing game. Maybe keep Royal, etc. in to protect Edwards and send out Lynch and Jackson more often as receivers.

OK, and go ahead and blitz. Then I run screens and quick hitters to TG until you slow down that pass rush. Nothing like a couple of screens for 40 yards a pop to stop you from blitzing.

Everyone here is acting like football is so friggin hard. If TG were to come here, which I doubt will happen, he'll step right in, run routes, and contribute in a big way. He's a great player for a reason.

It's football for gods sakes. They'll figure out a pretty easy way to get TG involved. Just like it took Brett Favre a few weeks to learn the Jets offense and become the number 1 rated QB in the NFL.

:(

Chris Brown's blog points to a Scouts Inc. arm that claims the Bills have offered a 3rd for Gonzalez.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/10/13/n...e-for-gonzalez/

the fact in itself that Brown is even talking about it is meaningful, imo

Gonzalez seems like he would be a perfect weapon for Edwards.

Back in 1988, a young Bills team reached out to KC for a veteran player and multiple Pro Bowler who helped stabilize a young D-Line. Is TG this team's version of Art Still? History repeats itself?

Chris Brown's blog points to a Scouts Inc. arm that claims the Bills have offered a 3rd for Gonzalez.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2008/10/13/n...e-for-gonzalez/

the fact in itself that Brown is even talking about it is meaningful, imo

Gonzalez seems like he would be a perfect weapon for Edwards.

You can't have to big a bidding war with almost no time left on the clock, so hopefully TG is sitting here by thursday.

Warpaint:

Giants have no interest in TG, so it's a mix bag of crap.

The biggest NFL trade rumor this weekend involves Kansas City Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez. According to an NFL source on Friday, the New York Giants had an interest in the Chiefs future Hall of Famer, but Warpaint Illustrated has learned otherwise.

Back in 1988, a young Bills team reached out to KC for a veteran player and multiple Pro Bowler who helped stabilize a young D-Line. Is TG this team's version of Art Still? History repeats itself?

That would be something, if the Bills plan to trade for Gonzalez and insert him on the D-line.