Lee Evans 9million dollar man??

VIPP

Im sorry, i love the guy. I think he's been a solid player for him, no off the field issues, he wants to win. He's got everything you want in a player.

With that being said, he was seriously compensated for his services to a tune of 9million a season!!! Making him i believe the highest paid WR in the game right now...

For a guy that is mainly known as a deep threat wideout, not yet thought of in the league as a complete threat. Teams pretty much strategize for him by taking away his deep ball threat. I consider him the poor man's steve smith..he's good but not Steve Smith GOOD!

The question I ask you guys, is do you think Lee was worth 9million. Especially with a guy like Larry Fitzgerald becoming available for free agency at the end of the season?? Assuming of course he doesn't extend with Arizona..

I think we should have held off signing the kid and waited to see how the situation with larry panned out. If Larry signed before the end of the season, I think that would be a good time to sign Lee.

again what do you guys think?

Im sorry, i love the guy. I think he's been a solid player for him, no off the field issues, he wants to win. He's got everything you want in a player.

With that being said, he was seriously compensated for his services to a tune of 9million a season!!! Making him i believe the highest paid WR in the game right now...

For a guy that is mainly known as a deep threat wideout, not yet thought of in the league as a complete threat. Teams pretty much strategize for him by taking away his deep ball threat. I consider him the poor man's steve smith..he's good but not Steve Smith GOOD!

The question I ask you guys, is do you think Lee was worth 9million. Especially with a guy like Larry Fitzgerald becoming available for free agency at the end of the season?? Assuming of course he doesn't extend with Arizona..

I think we should have held off being signing the kid, unless we knew for a fact that Larry signed a long term deal...then i'm all for the deal..

Umm... It was a good signing. I think Evans would have commanded more on the open market. I believe he used Fitzgerald's deal as comparison for this one. They have similar numbers at this point in their careers and were in the same draft. It's a good deal for both parties.

Umm... It was a good signing. I think Evans would have commanded more on the open market. I believe he used Fitzgerald's deal as comparison for this one. They have similar numbers at this point in their careers and were in the same draft. It's a good deal for both parties.

Fitzgerald 65 games 361 rec 5011 yds 38 td his #2 Boldin in same time frame 54 gms 440 rec 4447 34 tds

Lee 62 games 249 receptions 4159 31 tds his #2 non existnent

Lee is a deep ball threat and makes none around him better Fitzgeral has more catches and probable extended more drives because of those clutch catches. Which one is really more important catching the deep ball or keeping the chains moving? Id go witht he chains. Now that we know Lee is only a deep threat we need a possesion reciever we have none arizona definatels has two.

i guess the article i was reading was outdated. Because it stated that Larry was a free agent at the end of the season.

my bad folks...

but the question still stands...9mill for Lee evans considering the quality of other WR in the league..

I think we should have held off signing the kid and waited to see how the situation with larry panned out. If Larry signed before the end of the season, I think that would be a good time to sign Lee.

He averaged 40 yards every time he touched the ball. Clearly, he's the problem.

God, this board sucks after losses.

Fitzgerald 65 games 361 rec 5011 yds 38 td his #2 Boldin in same time frame 54 gms 440 rec 4447 34 tds

Lee 62 games 249 receptions 4159 31 tds his #2 non existnent

Lee is a deep ball threat and makes none around him better Fitzgeral has more catches and probable extended more drives because of those clutch catches. Which one is really more important catching the deep ball or keeping the chains moving? Id go witht he chains. Now that we know Lee is only a deep threat we need a possesion reciever we have none arizona definatels has two.

That's one way to spin it. Here's another: Fitzgerald is more effective because of the presence of Boldin on the team. Defenses can't double him nearly as much because Boldin can burn single coverage. If Lee had a legit #2 (maybe Hardy by the end of the season) his numbers would exceed Fitzgerald's.

That's one way to spin it. Here's another: Fitzgerald is more effective because of the presence of Boldin on the team. Defenses can't double him nearly as much because Boldin can burn single coverage. If Lee had a legit #2 (maybe Hardy by the end of the season) his numbers would exceed Fitzgerald's.

Sorry to play devil's advocate here, but Fitz caught 2 TDs against us and Boldin was out. His WR supporting cast consisted of a rookie and a second year nobody.

Yeah, let's pretend that Lee Evans wouldn't have ridiculous numbers if he played in Arizona's offense with a guy like Warner and LFitz wouldn't suffer playing for Steve Fairchild.

I'm not saying that LFitz isn't great or even better than Lee Evans but Jesus Christ, be happy that we spent a first round pick on a guy who's pretty damn good despite rarely being put in a position to succeed. Who cares how much he makes? His signing isn't going to keep us from signing anyone else, we're WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY below the cap.

Dude, I am all for the signing, it was really important for the growth of this team to get Evans signed. The bills probably did pay a little more then I would of liked but whatever, that is the going rate for doing business in the NFL right now. But please, do not compare this guy to Fitzgerald. They are not even close. Fitz is a human freak, he just creates matchup problems all over the field. You have to account for him on every play. Evans is good, but he is not at that level(very few are). There was a reason why fitz was drafted 2nd overall & Lee was drafted 13th. Stop being such a homer.

My only question is

They just paid $9 mil. a year to their #1 WR, Why does he only get 2 receptions last week? Why are they not trying to get him the ball more and make him work more for his money? TO complains about only getting half of the passes for Dallas in the loss to Washington, which was around 20 passes, and Buffalo throws the ball only a handful of times to Lee? It doesn't make much sense to me

And who cares if he makes the short catches to move the chains or catches only deep balls. As long as the end result is 7 points, what does it matter? It doesn't have to be pretty if the result is 7, it just has to work. I think too many people care about the less important things more then the key things, like scoring.

Dude, I am all for the signing, it was really important for the growth of this team to get Evans signed. The bills probably did pay a little more then I would of liked but whatever, that is the going rate for doing business in the NFL right now. But please, do not compare this guy to Fitzgerald. They are not even close. Fitz is a human freak, he just creates matchup problems all over the field. You have to account for him on every play. Evans is good, but he is not at that level(very few are). There was a reason why fitz was drafted 2nd overall & Lee was drafted 13th. Stop being such a homer.

While i agree on the Fitz assessment of him being a freak, no one can cover Lee man to man in this league. He is way to fast not to have help to that side. That is why we need to develop Hardy and fast.

I've heard plenty of articles that say he is the 3rd highest paid guy in the league, but there are others that say that Marvin Harrison is ahead of him by a half mil. That makes him the 4th highest paid receiver in the league. By the end of the offseason, lee won't be in the top 5, let alone top 8. Remember, Roy Williams is a free agent at the end of the year, and the dude will almost certainly make more than Evans. Hoosh in Cinci is older, so he probably wont get a top deal, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got something comparable to Lee, maybe a little less but for the same years. TO is also going to be a 34 year old free agent - probably get a Moss deal of 9 mil for 1 2 or 3 years.

This is just the nature of the game. Bernard Berrian, with numbers a lot crappier than Lee Evans, got a 7 year 49 mil deal. He set the bar for the explosion in WR contracts last spring. And can anybody say what the guy has done for Minnesota this year? Absolutely nothing. Donte Stallworth signed for 5 years 25 mil, and he has shown to be nothing more than an average number two. D.J Hackett got a 2 year 7 mil deal - the guy is no more than a 3rd stringer.

What should his market value be then? He can't get under 7 mil - that would be a slap in his face if Berrian is making that money now. Lee was only one of a few elite WR on the market in the upcoming offseason, and those guys get a ridiculous amount of money thrown at them. If he had become a free agent- he would have received 9 mil or more - but for AT LEAST 6-7 years. We got a deal.

You can't discount the number of years in the contract - 4 years. It saved us a lot of money to not sign the guy for 7 years....those contracts usually never last, unless you are a perennial pro bowler. After 4 years, Lee will be 31, and there is no telling what the future holds - he could break down like Moulds or he could still be in his prime. You never know. We minimized the risk of having him under contract for only 4 more years. After that, we could probably sign him for under market value at that time - which certainly will be more than 9 mil a year - making this contract a lot more advantageous.

Let me compare this to Reggie Wayne. Back in Feb of 2006, he signed a 6 year 39 mil contract - 3rd highest paid receiver in the league at the time. A lot of people thought that was wayyy to much, and that he was just riding Marvin's coat-tails. There's no complaining about that contract now. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised that once Marvin leaves, Reggie will be clamoring for a new contract to put him in line with the top receivers.

It might take a year or two, or it might just take until March 2009, but a lot of people will realize how much of a bargain this deal is.

Whenever a player resigns, the contract always looks too lucrative. Toward the middle of the contract however, many players regret signing such a long term deal. The reason for this is the inflation of the salary cap. The salary cap used to be a big problem for most nfl teams. In recent times however, the number goes up so much, only Washington feels the pain. At this moment Evan contract is eye opening. By this time next year, it will seem fair. In two year Evan's deal will look like a bargain.

Whenever a player resigns, the contract always looks too lucrative. Toward the middle of the contract however, many players regret signing such a long term deal. The reason for this is the inflation of the salary cap. The salary cap used to be a big problem for most nfl teams. In recent times however, the number goes up so much, only Washington feels the pain. At this moment Evan contract is eye opening. By this time next year, it will seem fair. In two year Evan's deal will look like a bargain.

Want to take me up on a bet that's it's not true? Evans would not have commanded $9/mil a year in the open market with TJ and Williams competing for #1s. Prices go up typically when there is a team that NEEDS a player, but not when there are several options.

Want to take me up on a bet that's it's not true? Evans would not have commanded $9/mil a year in the open market with TJ and Williams competing for #1s. Prices go up typically when there is a team that NEEDS a player, but not when there are several options.

I think the market would absorb all 3. Did you see the contracts that Walker and Berrian received? I could see the Eagles, Dolphins, Patriots, Ravens, Titans, Eagles, etc. etc. all going after a wr like Evans, TJ, and Williams.

I think there is no question they overpaid for Evans, but how much choice did they really have.

Even with drafting Hardy this year, the Bills still really have a lot of nothing at WR, other than Evans.

Reed is really producing catches, but this team is still very thin at WR. Most likely will be so for

several years. They need to keep drafting the position and hope in another 2 - 3 years they have a

nice unit.

The one thing I don't like about Evans, is he will disappear for entire games, and is never going to be a

8-9 catch / game receiver.