Peters will report Saturday

Coach Tuesday

wilson won this battle. good for him. he aint no band leader.

good for jay. he is good young man who will do a nice job in there this season. he will get some money soon. $7 mil. per season, no more.

matt murphy's days are numbered. kurt chambers is a nice backup for langston !

Two days ago I would have said it would have been Corto as low man on the totem pole. Funny thing happened on the way to the Turk's party.....

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point is that he has to play one more year under his current deal just as well as he played last year...in other words, if he is to be paid like one of the 2-3 best linemen in the league, he must play like one of the best linemen in the league.

From his perspective, an awful lot is hinging on his level of play this year. If it were you, would you want every chance you can get to know the new playbook like the back of your hand, be in the best shape you'v ever been in your life, have the maximum amount of chemistry with your teammates you could possibly have, and take reps in the preseason to shake off the offseason rust...or would you want to avoid as much as speaking to your offensive coordinator until a day before the opener, having not lined up and taken a snap for about 10 months?

Can Peters overcome these things? Yeah, he's a great athlete, and he's capable of it. But he's made things harder for himself than they needed to be, and he's gained little to nothing from it. Lets see if he comes out and earns the big bucks he's been after.

damn good points! :lol:

The Bills must have agreed to something, most likely waiving his fines, and negotiating early, according to the Schefter report. He said they started talking Monday, and then today reached "a compromise". To me, that means that Peters agreed to report, and the Bills agreed to do something they weren't planning to, to get him in there. Again, I'd be shocked if he has to pay the fines, although it's possible.

Brandon did the right thing, and he did well. He held his ground, and he didn't lose more than a game out of him. I still think eventually, if Peters plays well this year, the holdout actually helps him get more money. There was no way Peters was going to sit out the season. I doubted he missed any games, but apparently, it was game checks. :lol:

The Bills must have agreed to something, most likely waiving his fines, and negotiating early, according to the Schefter report. He said they started talking Monday, and then today reached "a compromise". To me, that means that Peters agreed to report, and the Bills agreed to do something they weren't planning to, to get him in there. Again, I'd be shocked if he has to pay the fines, although it's possible.

Brandon did the right thing, and he did well. He held his ground, and he didn't lose more than a game out of him. I still think eventually, if Peters plays well this year, the holdout actually helps him get more money. There was no way Peters was going to sit out the season. I doubted he missed any games, but apparently, it was game checks. :lol:

He had 192,000 reasons to return, and they weighed heavily on his conscience. Nice to know he has some depth of soul.

The true reason that he reported wasn't about the money. He read my post about jumping into a river if he didn't come to Buffalo, and then decided that it was time to report. :lol:

Anyway, let's pull out a win on Sunday. Guys and Gals, our playoff chances just shot way up whether or not any of us like Peters or what he did. Just as I was ready to turn my back on him, even those that were pissed off should do nothing but hope that he gets in shape soon and kicks some ass!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: Crowell was pretty good but we will survive without him.

A lot has happened over the past few days with Crowell and now Peters. The offensive line just got a big boost by Peters rejoining the team. If he plays well during the season, I think that we could lock him up for an additional five or six years, hopefully.

The point is that he has to play one more year under his current deal just as well as he played last year...in other words, if he is to be paid like one of the 2-3 best linemen in the league, he must play like one of the best linemen in the league.

From his perspective, an awful lot is hinging on his level of play this year. If it were you, would you want every chance you can get to know the new playbook like the back of your hand, be in the best shape you'v ever been in your life, have the maximum amount of chemistry with your teammates you could possibly have, and take reps in the preseason to shake off the offseason rust...or would you want to avoid as much as speaking to your offensive coordinator until a day before the opener, having not lined up and taken a snap for about 10 months?

Can Peters overcome these things? Yeah, he's a great athlete, and he's capable of it. But he's made things harder for himself than they needed to be, and he's gained little to nothing from it. Lets see if he comes out and earns the big bucks he's been after.

Your post looks kinda familiar

:lol:

Everyone should have known as I have been saying since the beginning that no NFL player will miss a game check...it would just be sheer stupidity. Peters played all the cards he had and at the end of the day, his deck ran out...

I'm not going to lie, I loved the guy from the beginning when he was an UFA coming in as a tight end. I remember watching this huge guy hauling A** down the field and destroying the wedge on a kickoff and thinking, "holy crap that's some athlete". This whole ordeal has made me really consider my man crush on Peters. Jason, if you're reading this, just go out and annihilate Wilforks knee when you visit NE and we will be good as new

Why am i not surprised that Mickey, the one man crusade against the FO the past few weeks, has someone managed to spin this into a "i'm right, peters won in the end."

Good God mickey, you're friggin delusional.

Never said Peters "won", instead of lying, show me where I said what you claim I did. I posted my quotes, going back weeks. I said this wouldn't cost him anything, and it hasn't. I said this would cost the team his services for the first few games. It has. Will it cost them in the win column? No one knows that yet. If it doesn't than neither side lost much of anything.

In the end, I think you are right, Brandon didn't "cave" but at the same time, Peters hasn't "lost" diddly. He will get his game checks, the fines, none of which he has yet paid, will likley be waived. So what did Peters lose by giving the hold out a shot? If Brandon had moved, he would have gained millions, as it is, he lost zip.

A gamble where you have everything to gain and nothing to lose is a gamble worth taking. On top of that, I rather think he has laid the ground work nicely for a new deal next year. The team will have the same cards and could stiff him again. However, count the posts hereabouts where people said he should play "one more year" on this deal and the team should definitly reward him with the big bucks next year. If he is a pro bowler, again, even the cantankerous but lovable Senator will clamor for the team to give him a new deal.

Brandon didn't lose but neither did Peters. What this all cost is Peters' services for game one, maybe game two and that was his leverage all along.

I seriously think you might need mental help.....

Why the @uck cant some people on this board just admit when they were wrong or that they miscalculated

Peters held out for a new deal....he didn't get one.....THE TEAM LOST......but bills mgt certainly WON

Why the @uck cant some people on this board just admit when they were wrong or that they miscalculated

Peters held out for a new deal....he didn't get one.....THE TEAM LOST......but bills mgt certainly WON

We don't at all know that yet. They could have the basic framework for a deal already in place. They could rework his deal for this year, add a million or two on, and promise to renegotiate as the season went on for future years. Schefter reported they were negotiating throughout the week and "compromised" today. That, to me, seems like the Bills told Parker they would do something for him if Peters reported. Again, I would highly doubt if he has to pay any fines. It MAY be that the Bills just held strong and he came crawling back but I doubt it very much.

What did the Bills FO win exactly? Do you really think they showed up Parker and Peters?

This is still a negotiation and nothing has been settled at all other than Peters will come in and expects continued negotiations. Seems like a stalemate at best, or more likely a lose-lose situation. Peters didn't work 1 second with his teammates and the Bills will now have to negotiate with someone that is even less likely to want to compromise.