Peters will report Saturday

Coach Tuesday

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3571273

Buffalo Bills Pro Bowl left tackle Jason Peters will end his holdout and report to the Bills on Saturday, according to multiple reports.

Peters, who has three years left remaining on his current deal, is still seeking a new contract and hopes that by reporting it will spark negotiations. He sat out the entire preseason, with the Bills refusing to reopen contract talks with him until he reported.

The Bills open at home against the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday.

ESPN.com's Michael Smith contributed to this report.

I'm glad he's back. It will be interesting to see what they do about the fines. At the least, I'd want them to fine him one game check ($191K).

But congrats to the Bills on holding their ground, both with Peters and Crowell. I'm still shaking my head on Crowell, though.

What bothers me about this, is it seems the lines of communication were opened too late. If the Bills had done this earlier he would have been in camp and playing on Sunday

Huh. The way I view it, the Peters' camp finally binked and agreed to speak to Brandon. One hand clapping doesn't make much noise.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3571273

Buffalo Bills Pro Bowl left tackle Jason Peters will end his holdout and report to the Bills on Saturday, according to multiple reports.

Peters, who has three years left remaining on his current deal, is still seeking a new contract and hopes that by reporting it will spark negotiations. He sat out the entire preseason, with the Bills refusing to reopen contract talks with him until he reported.

The Bills open at home against the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday.

ESPN.com's Michael Smith contributed to this report.

Welcome to the discussion!

I'm glad he's back. It will be interesting to see what they do about the fines. At the least, I'd want them to fine him one game check ($191K).

But congrats to the Bills on holding their ground, both with Peters and Crowell. I'm still shaking my head on Crowell, though.

He won't get paid for Sunday. He won't be activated.

Hey, someone had to go - they need the roster spot for Peters. Makes ya feel all warm about him as a teammate, doesn't it. :w00t:

But I thought the Bills would talk contract until he shows up to camp?

Who wants to bet that the Bills either waive the fines or include them in his next contract, and by the time he signs, either during the year or before next season, it will be an enormous contract, the biggest in Bills history, and he will be one of the highest paid LTs in the game? Thereby showing that, although Parker and Peters were jerks, and totally stupid, and hurting his team, the holdout ultimately got him more money. Or, at the very least, didn't hurt him.

Living here in Orlando I envision being in the parking lot and looking towards the ralph and seeing the gray and ominous clouds dissapating and a bright and shinny blast of sunlight hit the stadium and looking at my fellow friends and fans and saying " We're gonna win". Go Bills and will be watching every week form here wishing I was there!! :w00t::w00t: