Peters will report Saturday

Coach Tuesday

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason Peters, T - Buffalo Bills

September 5 @ 1:41pm CT

Peters ends holdout - Jason Peters has decided to end his holdout only a few days before the Bills' season opener against Seattle, according to NFL.com. Peters informed the Bills on Friday that he plans to report to the team on Saturday. Peters will not be coming to Buffalo with the new contract he had wished for. But both sides have agreed to maintain an open dialogue throughout the season with the hopes of agreeing to a deal that will satisfy both sides. Peters has three years left on his contract.

link

To my surprise this actually angers me. So he hods out all year to come back for what? NOTHING. All he has done is hurt is team and hurt their chances at a post season appearance. Most likely.. I could be wrong ( I hope I am). He will struggle to get into shape (I'll be shocked if he is in playing shape), struggle to learn the new system, just to get hurt (like most late holdouts).

I love that the front office stood their ground. Screw Peters. I hope the Bills work out a trade after the season instead of granting him a new contract.

Of course I say this now, if the Bills end up playing great this year and Peters performs like All Pro.. I hold the right to retract my comments.

To my surprise this actually angers me. So he hods out all year to come back for what? NOTHING. All he has done is hurt is team and hurt their chances at a post season appearance. Most likely.. I could be wrong ( I hope I am). He will struggle to get into shape (I'll be shocked if he is in playing shape), struggle to learn the new system, just to get hurt (like most late holdouts).

I love that the front office stood their ground. Screw Peters. I hope the Bills work out a trade after the season instead of granting him a new contract.

Of course I say this now, if the Bills end up playing great this year and Peters performs like All Pro.. I hold the right to retract my comments.

I dont hold any hard feelings....welcome back!!!!

Make him pay every DIME of his fines.....then regulate him back to Right Tackle.

I know everyone is rejoicing......but I dont think I will ever view Peters the same way again. The ONLY reason why he is reporting is he doesn't want to miss a game check.

Don't take it so personally...he's back and that makes the team so much better!!

from Adam Schefter

Paving the way for Peters arrival were the talks the two sides had throughout the past week, when they began speaking Monday morning for the first time in a long time. Throughout the summer they had limited, if any contract, but with the regular season approaching, both sides recognized the need to open the lines of communication, which they did.

What bothers me about this, is it seems the lines of communication were opened too late. If the Bills had done this earlier he would have been in camp and playing on Sunday

all year, I assume you mean all of preseason...

Make him pay every DIME of his fines.....then regulate him back to Right Tackle.

I know everyone is rejoicing......but I dont think I will ever view Peters the same way again. The ONLY reason why he is reporting is he doesn't want to miss a game check.

Some people said the same thing about Lynch, which may be true, but once they perform on the field, all is forgiven. The rest is all background noise.

I sincerely hope he earns the big contract he is looking for so it is a win-win for all involved. :w00t:

from Adam Schefter

Paving the way for Peters arrival were the talks the two sides had throughout the past week, when they began speaking Monday morning for the first time in a long time. Throughout the summer they had limited, if any contract, but with the regular season approaching, both sides recognized the need to open the lines of communication, which they did.

What bothers me about this, is it seems the lines of communication were opened too late. If the Bills had done this earlier he would have been in camp and playing on Sunday

Were these talks in secret? Wasn't it Clayton who reported on TUESDAY that he won't be back for a LOOOONG time? So what? Did the Muppet toss a dart at the board and miss...MISERABLY? Sweet reporting, you retarded looking, pock faced elf.

from Adam Schefter

reports were that he wasn't in any contact either, the Bills could have kept calling but until he picked up nothing was gonna happen

All is not forgotten, he pissed off a lot of people and until he does what he is paid to do and does it right, he is still in the wrong in my eyes

Winning cures all. If we beat Seattle and he's back to his old self in Jacksonville, there's no harm done. He can get his money after his 2nd Pro Bowl and we can all move on from this circus.

.....then regulate him back to Right Tackle.

The Bills don't need any excuse if they want him to play right tackle.

What do you want them to do? "Jason, the Erie County Department of Sanitation just called and said you haven't been recycling your plastics. Per bylaw 122.4.97.B that means we have to put you back at RT."

That's crazy. They should just man up and put him there if that is what they want.

I figured Peters would report this week, I'm just surprised he's waiting until the last day before the season starts. The news about Crowell sucked, but this news is definitely uplifting. I'm very interested in hearing from Peters about why he sat out for so long.

from Adam Schefter

Looks like Clayton nailed it again.

:w00t::w00t::lol: