LOL, Even McCargo and the Team disagree with those of you that think M

Oh the irony!

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/403072.html

Bill Kollar (OL Coach):

“Without a doubt, he’s got the ability,” said Bills defensive line coach Bill Kollar. “What’s got to happen is he’s got to decide that it means so much to him that he’s going to take that next step.”

We are hoping like hell that he can take that next step and play like we hoped he’d be able to play when we drafted him,” Kollar said.

“He got it down, so that shows something,” Kollar said. “But you’ve got to want it. It’s too hard at the defensive line position. If you don’t really want it, it’s too hard to get it done. We’re just hoping that he’s in that mode, ‘I’m going to do whatever it takes.’ ”

“You saw plays last year that he made,” Kollar said. “But he’s nowhere near as consistent as you want or didn’t make as many as he’d like to make.”

McCargo himself:

“I’ve got no excuses this year,” McCargo said. “I’ve got to go out there and get it. I’ve got to go out there and prove why they drafted me. I’ve got to go out there and play.”

I’ve just got to figure out the transition [to the pros],” McCargo said. “I still feel like in college I was so much quicker. I feel like I’ve slowed down a step. So I have to figure out what happened. I’ve got to find that this year. When I get that back, I’ll definitely make a lot more plays.”

Yeah, that sure sounds like someone that many here say the exact opposite about. And then you have the audacity to challenge anyone saying the opposite, call them names, and tell us that we don't know what we're talking about.

That's part of the humor here, using the opinions of the same "experts" that many of you clowns rely on to refute your own statements. LOL

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that sure sounds like someone that many here say the exact opposite about. And then you have the audacity to challenge anyone saying the opposite, call them names, and tell us that we don't know what we're talking about.

That's part of the humor here, using the opinions of the same "experts" that many of you clowns rely on to refute your own statements. LOL

I don't follow you enough to know, so please help me out here. WTF is your point?

McCargo hasn't lived up to expectations.

Coaches say it's put up or shut up time.

McCargo agrees.

Shirley I'm missing something.

I don't follow you enough to know, so please help me out here. WTF is your point?

McCargo agrees.

+1

Oh the irony!

Bill Kollar (OL Coach):

“Without a doubt, he’s got the ability,” said Bills defensive line coach Bill Kollar. “What’s got to happen is he’s got to decide that it means so much to him that he’s going to take that next step.”

We are hoping like hell that he can take that next step and play like we hoped he’d be able to play when we drafted him,” Kollar said.

“He got it down, so that shows something,” Kollar said. “But you’ve got to want it. It’s too hard at the defensive line position. If you don’t really want it, it’s too hard to get it done. We’re just hoping that he’s in that mode, ‘I’m going to do whatever it takes.’ ”

“You saw plays last year that he made,” Kollar said. “But he’s nowhere near as consistent as you want or didn’t make as many as he’d like to make.”

McCargo himself:

“I’ve got no excuses this year,” McCargo said. “I’ve got to go out there and get it. I’ve got to go out there and prove why they drafted me. I’ve got to go out there and play.”

I’ve just got to figure out the transition [to the pros],” McCargo said. “I still feel like in college I was so much quicker. I feel like I’ve slowed down a step. So I have to figure out what happened. I’ve got to find that this year. When I get that back, I’ll definitely make a lot more plays.”

Very refreshing to read something like this.

McCargo agrees.

May be I can help.

I think what krazy meant to say was, "nah-nah-nah-nah-nah The Bills are gonna suck and I told you so!"

When a player is described as having the "physical ability" but needs to "want it" this is tantamount to saying the player stinks. Remember Mike Williams. Not a good sign. :D

Is there any player over the past eight drafts, that Buffalo traded up for and panned out?

When I say panned out, I mean the player not only has performed as expected where drafted, but outperformed the

slot taken as to without question, justify giving up an additional pick.

<_<

Is there any player over the past eight drafts, that Buffalo traded up for and panned out?

When I say panned out, I mean the player not only has performed as expected where drafted, but outperformed the

:D

Poz? May be?

When a player is described as having the "physical ability" but needs to "want it" this is tantamount to saying the player stinks. Remember Mike Williams. Not a good sign. :rolleyes:

You're a great addition to the board. Keep the insightful posts coming....

Man ive been saying it for weeks now, if Marcus Stroud can have a nice season like he has had before with the Jags, I see no reason for McCargo along with the other DT's to be effective. You know darn well Stroud will get all the double teams. So really McCargo should be blocked man to man, and to be honest I think he will hold his own and have a stellar season.

if krazykat gets to keep posting, ill keep upping my post count too.

Dunno about my post count, but I'm seriously considering upping my alcohol intake ...

When a player is described as having the "physical ability" but needs to "want it" this is tantamount to saying the player stinks. Remember Mike Williams. Not a good sign. :rolleyes:

Well I mean he has the physical ability to walk and raise his arms. Two VERY clutch attributes for a DT, so that was a big compliment. :P

More evidence that he was a busted pick -- and make no mistake, it was obvious from the moment they picked him that it would turn out this way.

He played on a DL in college with 2 studs... the Bills fell for it hook line and sinker, surrendering a high 3rd to move back into the FIRST ROUND to pick him, passing on Mangold and Davin Joseph --- two solid starting-caliber guard prospects, to reach on this backup.

Good job front office! :devil:

More evidence that he was a busted pick -- and make no mistake, it was obvious from the moment they picked him that it would turn out this way.

He played on a DL in college with 2 studs... the Bills fell for it hook line and sinker, surrendering a high 3rd to move back into the FIRST ROUND to pick him, passing on Mangold and Davin Joseph --- two solid starting-caliber guard prospects, to reach on this backup.

Thought Mangold played center?

Good job front office! ;)

Yeah, Lawson has been a real "stud." :devil: Not to mention Mangold looked bad last year.

Thought Mangold played center?

He does... when he was coming out of the draft, I thought he was considered a decent guard prospect as well, despite center being his natural position -- e.g. a better version of Duke Preston.

They claim that he was the reason for their success.

Krazy Kat's not even a Bills fan. That should be obvious to everyone. I've questioned her loyalty to the team twice with no response. She's probably a Pat's fan. Just leave her alone and she'll go away.

Oh, I'm a fan. I'm a fan of the team and its play on the field, not of the GMs, coaches, and other front office people that keep screwing it up like you are.

My expectations are also a teensy bit higher than yours and I have little patience for losing although I fully understand that you enjoy it and help perpetuate it with your support for non-performing aspects to the team from players to front office types.

I realize I'm talking to the wind here too.

When a player is described as having the "physical ability" but needs to "want it" this is tantamount to saying the player stinks. Remember Mike Williams. Not a good sign. :devil:

I think it means that he needs to step it up. Mike Williams didn't even care. It appears McCargo does.

May be I can help.

I think what krazy meant to say was, "nah-nah-nah-nah-nah The Bills are gonna suck and I told you so!"

Exactly, it''s funny because if you want continually want to point out the negatives without ever pointing out positives then you really aren't a fan are you? Fandom needs someone to believe in a bright future about at least something.

:P

Poz was ripping up the field before getting injured last year.

Dunno about my post count, but I'm seriously considering upping my alcohol intake ...

;) Ya drink enough and his posts start to make sense, sorta.

Can I burn your feet with a boiling hot cop of wet teeth?? What does make you happy, you nitz??

A boiling hot cop of wet teeth. :wallbash: Ok, do you mean: A boinling hot cop as in an attractive police officer? Of wet teeth? Is this hot cop biting someone on their feet and since they are so hot it burns their feet?

Oh why the hell do I even try?

Oh, I'm a fan. I'm a fan of the team and its play on the field, not of the GMs, coaches, and other front office people that keep screwing it up like you are.

My expectations are also a teensy bit higher than yours and I have little patience for losing although I fully understand that you enjoy it and help perpetuate it with your support for non-performing aspects to the team from players to front office types.

I realize I'm talking to the wind here too.

Seeing the cup half empty all the time does not a fan make. Shirley you have to have some hope somewhere for something? Complete hopelessness means you're probably better off becoming a Pets or Dolts fan.

Oh the irony!

Bill Kollar (OL Coach):

McCargo himself:

I don't like the tone of that article. Certainly would hope that a guy who had been unable to workout the previous offseason would be working his assoff this offseason. Not the case. Overweight at minicamp, and showing up to camp talking about needing to lose another ten pounds or so. Kid does not sound real focused. I mean, it's one thing to come to camp intending to lose some weight when you are a Pat Williams or Sam Adams and know how to play the game. This guy knows he doesn't know how to play the position, and still he can't handle something as simple as staying in shape.

I don't like the tone of that article. Certainly would hope that a guy who had been unable to workout the previous offseason would be working his assoff this offseason. Not the case. Overweight at minicamp, and showing up to camp talking about needing to lose another ten pounds or so. Kid does not sound real focused. I mean, it's one thing to come to camp intending to lose some weight when you are a Pat Williams or Sam Adams and know how to play the game. This guy knows he doesn't know how to play the position, and still he can't handle something as simple as staying in shape.

You'll obviously get no disagreement from me. I merely posted that because as the site whipping boy that was my independent assessment of McCargo just about to a T and everyone said I don't know what I'm talking about. Well here's McCargo himself and DL coach Kollar fully validating my views.

I also thought it was funny that the biggest mouths on this board that offer the least in terms of good discussion are the ones saying the complete opposite.

Otherwise, to your post, I fully concur. It's not good news. The good news is that we should be deep enough at DT to find a decent starter opposite Stroud who apparently is looking solid and good which is great news. He alone, if 100%, is capable of changing the complexion of a DL. I've avidly watched him in Jax and have been a huge fan of his for years. I just have concerns as to his return from a relatively serious injury and won't be fully convinced until I see him play 15+ games. But for now the news is excellent and from Johnson and Williams one of the two should be able to start if necessary. We don't need another Stroud although that would be great, but we do need a solid presence. Hopefully Williams' third season will propel him upward.

Doesn't mean much until the real games start.

If there is a high pick on this team who has been set up for success this season, it's McCargo. He looked overweight to me the other day at SJF, and if a player can't be trusted to keep themself in shape, what does that say? Bill Kollar seems like a guy who doesn't mince words, and he came about as close to saying McCargo ain't cutting it right now.

McCargo to show something in the pre-season games, and if not, he'll be parked on the bench this year more often than not. Williams and Stroud will get more snaps as a result of McCargo's inconsistent play, and the DT rotation will suffer.

While we;re talking about DT's who are in shape, Just Jack posted some training camp pictures he had taken and Kyle Williams looks like he's in better shape than he wa last year. He seems to have slimmed out some. Maybe it is Kyle's year :thumbsup:

If there is a high pick on this team who has been set up for success this season, it's McCargo. He looked overweight to me the other day at SJF, and if a player can't be trusted to keep themself in shape, what does that say? Bill Kollar seems like a guy who doesn't mince words, and he came about as close to saying McCargo ain't cutting it right now.

Note that the Bills desperately traded up for this guy after passing on Ngata to take a safety. Yet another illustration as to why passing on a blue-chip DT in favor of a safety is usually not a smart move. :unsure: