The team's success will depend on two people:

Things are in place for a playoff season; we have talent and depth on defense; we have added receivers, running backs and tight ends on offense; we have drafted good replacement special teamers; plus, we have a number of starters returning from injury. Add this all up, and we SHOULD win more games than last year. I think, however, it will end up depending on Edwards' development and Jauron's game-day decisions.

If Trent plays like a kid (which he still is), there won't be any playoff this year. If Jauron doesn't make the most of his team's game situations, but instead blows calls like the horrible sideline pass coverage in the Dallas game, there won't be any playoff.

My feeling right now is that Edwards WILL make steady progress and Jauron will manage the games a bit better and the Bills will squeak into the playoffs.

But...I have NO basis for this belief whatsoever. Edwards and Jauron have done absolutely nothing in their respective careers to justify my faith. What are your thoughts on these two? Will they come through or not?

Things are in place for a playoff season; we have talent and depth on defense; we have added receivers, running backs and tight ends on offense; we have drafted good replacement special teamers; plus, we have a number of starters returning from injury. Add this all up, and we SHOULD win more games than last year. I think, however, it will end up depending on Edwards' development and Jauron's game-day decisions.

If Trent plays like a kid (which he still is), there won't be any playoff this year. If Jauron doesn't make the most of his team's game situations, but instead blows calls like the horrible sideline pass coverage in the Dallas game, there won't be any playoff.

My feeling right now is that Edwards WILL make steady progress and Jauron will manage the games a bit better and the Bills will squeak into the playoffs.

But...I have NO basis for this belief whatsoever. Edwards and Jauron have done absolutely nothing in their respective careers to justify my faith. What are your thoughts on these two? Will they come through or not?

Edwards is young, and only in his second season; we all know what he did last year so having done "absolutely nothing" in his career is understandable. But using these terms to describe Dick Jauron is a bit careless in my opinion.

Look at his stint with the Bears. Jauron, led the greatest turnaround in team history during his third season. Chicago finished 13-3 in 2001, where the team went 8-0 in games decided by seven points or less, including back-to-back overtime victories. Jauron was named 2001 AP Coach of the Year.

I, for one, do believe he is an accomplished coach, and I have confidence in his ability to manage the game. Sometimes his brand may be a bit conservative, which translates to boredom for us fans, but winning 9-6 is the exact same as winning 42-17; being able to win both ways is the key, and I think our roster's talent allows for that flexibilty week by week...he preaches depth at each position to breed competition. This tells me that he has set the tone with every player up and down the roster, that no position is safe, and unproductive play will not be tolerated, or a change will be made.

I believe the Bills will come in at 10-6, and earn a wild card. We have a favorable strength of schedule, we are going to impose our will in the running game, win the time of possession game, stop the run much better with Stroud clogging the middle, and we have a great kicking game. The mark that Marv has left on the way this team will play, and win football games cannot go unnoticed.

Go Bills!

Edwards is young, and only in his second season; we all know what he did last year so having done "absolutely nothing" in his career is understandable. But using these terms to describe Dick Jauron is a bit careless in my opinion.

Look at his stint with the Bears. Jauron, led the greatest turnaround in team history during his third season. Chicago finished 13-3 in 2001, where the team went 8-0 in games decided by seven points or less, including back-to-back overtime victories. Jauron was named 2001 AP Coach of the Year.

I, for one, do believe he is an accomplished coach, and I have confidence in his ability to manage the game. Sometimes his brand may be a bit conservative, which translates to boredom for us fans, but winning 9-6 is the exact same as winning 42-17; being able to win both ways is the key, and I think our roster's talent allows for that flexibilty week by week...he preaches depth at each position to breed competition. This tells me that he has set the tone with every player up and down the roster, that no position is safe, and unproductive play will not be tolerated, or a change will be made.

I believe the Bills will come in at 10-6, and earn a wild card. We have a favorable strength of schedule, we are going to impose our will in the running game, win the time of possession game, stop the run much better with Stroud clogging the middle, and we have a great kicking game. The mark that Marv has left on the way this team will play, and win football games cannot go unnoticed.

Go Bills!

I commend your courage in posting anything regarding Dick Jauron that doesn't begin and end with "he sucks." That is the generally accepted party line around here.

Jauron's coaching record at this point is anything but distinguished, aside from that admittedly remarkable 2001 season. His detractors will assert that was Dick's fault. His supporters will argue he has been dealt a poor hand of cards.

I'm in the middle, but lean towards the positive. Jauron inherited a pretty crappy roster in Buffalo and has turned in two surprisingly competitive 7-9 seasons while assisting in a "restock the cupboard" process that is nearly complete. There are still holes and question marks, but many reasons to be optimistic the playoff drought may soon end.

At his worst, Jauron is a respectable, respectful, conservative coach who gets his players to believe in him and fight every game. It's a shame a guy could be so ridiculed for that.

And Jaurons success will depend on the success of his offensive and defensive co-ordinator, and players staying healthy.

Who knows what kind of success the team could have had if it wasn't starting street FA's half way through the season because their original starters were all on IR. I'm not convinced that he doesn't know what he is doing or is a bad coach due to the Dallas game, a game they should have never been in, and if it was for the defence, they would have been blown out, and if the offence would have been mediocre at best and scored some more points, they would have won.

There is no doubt we have more talent this year.Yes Trent must be more manlike and stop folding up inside the 20....BUT----we still have our mediocre DEs--lets hope the new guy has some talent.

DJ is a delegator. He lets the cordinators do their thing and stays out of their way. His success is directly in the hands of schonert and Fewell

If DJ would only acknowledge the Chroise and stop protecting the rest of the league, he would be known as the greatest coach of all time after the Bills win something like 57 straight games.

Go Bills!

Living in Chicago during the Jauron era and following the Bears then would give you a different perspective on Jauron and the magical 13-3 season. They were a very lucky team that year pulling out last minute victories several times on big defensive plays and special teams plays. Jauron has never been able to back up that performance with anything close from his teams or coaches. If you throw out his best and worst years, you see a dismal coaching record otherwise. Unless he makes some changes in his approach to the game, expect him to become the bottleneck for this team as the talent now and in the near future might exceed his ability to coach it. I look at one recent decision that he made which tells me a lot. Hiring Turk as the OC. To me, that was an opportunity to improve the club. Did he do it? We don't know. What we do know is that he did not make an exhaustive search or interview a number of outside candidates. He chose to take the path of least resistence and hire the guy in the office down the hall. He took the typical Dick Jauron "safe" approach. Maybe Turk proves to be a wonderful coordinator, time will tell. What really bothers me is the manner in which Jauron chose him without bringing in several qualified candidates for interviews. Jauron is all about the comfort zone and playing it safe. That might work as the Chairman of the Federal Reserve, but in football, I prefer a more aggressive approach. One that puts pressure on the opponent to win. I don't see that from this coach. 13-3 then means nothing now.

Living in Chicago during the Jauron era and following the Bears then would give you a different perspective on Jauron and the magical 13-3 season. They were a very lucky team that year pulling out last minute victories several times on big defensive plays and special teams plays. Jauron has never been able to back up that performance with anything close from his teams or coaches. If you throw out his best and worst years, you see a dismal coaching record otherwise. Unless he makes some changes in his approach to the game, expect him to become the bottleneck for this team as the talent now and in the near future might exceed his ability to coach it. I look at one recent decision that he made which tells me a lot. Hiring Turk as the OC. To me, that was an opportunity to improve the club. Did he do it? We don't know. What we do know is that he did not make an exhaustive search or interview a number of outside candidates. He chose to take the path of least resistence and hire the guy in the office down the hall. He took the typical Dick Jauron "safe" approach. Maybe Turk proves to be a wonderful coordinator, time will tell. What really bothers me is the manner in which Jauron chose him without bringing in several qualified candidates for interviews. Jauron is all about the comfort zone and playing it safe. That might work as the Chairman of the Federal Reserve, but in football, I prefer a more aggressive approach. One that puts pressure on the opponent to win. I don't see that from this coach. 13-3 then means nothing now.

By "throwing out a coach's best and worst years" we're Bell Curving, making every coach average, and basically saying we don't care, or take into consideration a coach's best and worst years? That's an odd way of looking at a coach's historical data in my opinion.

By making game-winning special teams, and defensive plays for touchdowns, this constitutes lucky for the aforementioned Bears team? I don't believe they were lucky, I believe they were prepared, and opportunistic. Luck becomes such a bail-out term used by losers. The person usually referring to luck is the player/coach at the press table saying "if only we were a little lucky..." or "if luck would have been on our side tonight, we would have..." blah, blah, blah. A team going 13-3 in the NFL, and then the subsequent Coach winning the Coach of the Year award can't be based on luck...

That being said, I see your point in his inability to back anything up following the performance that year, but he had a GM bail on him, and a rotating QB position us Bills fans can laugh at. I think he is the right man for the job considering the age demographic of this Bills team, and I think he chose stability when he chose Schonert; stability that a young QB needs to succeed in today's NFL. By choosing Turk, the philosophy and terminology will remain in tact, and the youngster will feel that much more comfortable going into season 2. I also believe he chose Turk with these same characteristics in mind to protect himself a bit, knowing that he needs to win this coming season, or his goose is probably cooked...hiring a new OC will just take that much more time for everyone to adjust. Despite our horrible pass efficiency, and ranking, I don't believe Jauron thinks we are that far off from being in the top 15 NFL offenses...

By "throwing out a coach's best and worst years" we're Bell Curving, making every coach average, and basically saying we don't care, or take into consideration a coach's best and worst years? That's an odd way of looking at a coach's historical data in my opinion.

By making game-winning special teams, and defensive plays for touchdowns, this constitutes lucky for the aforementioned Bears team? I don't believe they were lucky, I believe they were prepared, and opportunistic. Luck becomes such a bail-out term used by losers. The person usually referring to luck is the player/coach at the press table saying "if only we were a little lucky..." or "if luck would have been on our side tonight, we would have..." blah, blah, blah. A team going 13-3 in the NFL, and then the subsequent Coach winning the Coach of the Year award can't be based on luck...

That being said, I see your point in his inability to back anything up following the performance that year, but he had a GM bail on him, and a rotating QB position us Bills fans can laugh at. I think he is the right man for the job considering the age demographic of this Bills team, and I think he chose stability when he chose Schonert; stability that a young QB needs to succeed in today's NFL. By choosing Turk, the philosophy and terminology will remain in tact, and the youngster will feel that much more comfortable going into season 2. I also believe he chose Turk with these same characteristics in mind to protect himself a bit, knowing that he needs to win this coming season, or his goose is probably cooked...hiring a new OC will just take that much more time for everyone to adjust. Despite our horrible pass efficiency, and ranking, I don't believe Jauron thinks we are that far off from being in the top 15 NFL offenses...

1. How many winning seasons has D.J. had.

2. How many playoff seasons has D.J. had.

3. How many playoff games has D.J. won.

Here's something we probably won't argue about:

DJ is the first actual PROFESSIONAL and NFL credentialed head coach we've had since Wade Phillips. He's better than Meathead, and way better than !@#$ (Greggggggg Williams).

Jauron's hiring of Schonert is the most questionable move this team made in the off-season. To me, it's understandable that no prospective OC wanted the job, because Jauron might be in the final year of his deal. That's not a lot of job security for an incoming OC. With that in mind, Schonert was probably DJ's only option.

The biggest question with Schonert will be whether or not he's allowed to call his own game. If he his, it could disrupt Jauron's team gameplan which emphasizes strong defense, special teams, and no big risk taking on offense.

I would agree that this season hinges on how much Edwards progresses, and if Jauron departs from his uber-conservative gameplans. DJ's got the players, especially on defense, to do things he hasn't been able to do in a long time. If the Bills consistently line up in 2 TE sets like last season, it'll be another long year on offense.

Jauron's hiring of Schonert is the most questionable move this team made in the off-season. To me, it's understandable that no prospective OC wanted the job, because Jauron might be in the final year of his deal. That's not a lot of job security for an incoming OC. With that in mind, Schonert was probably DJ's only option.

The biggest question with Schonert will be whether or not he's allowed to call his own game. If he his, it could disrupt Jauron's team gameplan which emphasizes strong defense, special teams, and no big risk taking on offense.

I would agree that this season hinges on how much Edwards progresses, and if Jauron departs from his uber-conservative gameplans. DJ's got the players, especially on defense, to do things he hasn't been able to do in a long time. If the Bills consistently line up in 2 TE sets like last season, it'll be another long year on offense.

Was it a three year deal?

If this were the only measures used then so much good reality is thrown out decisions get pretty nonsensical. Marv simply stunk in his initial HC outing based on record, but fortunately the Bills decision-makers at the time lived in the real world and hired him anyway.

While Belicheat's recent history certainly proves that winning is not the only thing, again by this logic after him leading Cleveland to the playoffs once (and they lost that game) there is no way one would hire him if you only asked the three questions you ask.

There clearly is so much more to assessing an HC based on reality that I think the logic of only caring about these three questions is clearly flawed.

If this were the only measures used then so much good reality is thrown out decisions get pretty nonsensical. Marv simply stunk in his initial HC outing based on record, but fortunately the Bills decision-makers at the time lived in the real world and hired him anyway.

While Belicheat's recent history certainly proves that winning is not the only thing, again by this logic after him leading Cleveland to the playoffs once (and they lost that game) there is no way one would hire him if you only asked the three questions you ask.

There clearly is so much more to assessing an HC based on reality that I think the logic of only caring about these three questions is clearly flawed.

WRONG: You answers are incorrect. Thank you for playing. Next contestant.

Actually Jauron got a contract extension and big raise from Jerry Angelo following the 13-3 season.

Regardless of which side of the debate we're on, this is a "SHOW ME" year for the Bills and Jauron. If he's any kind of coach along with some better talent, the Bills have to start beating other teams with winning records. Been a long time since that happened on a consistent basis. I haved no faith in this staff of coaches from an offensive standpoint and only hope that they don't ruin Trent in the next year or two.

Here's something we probably won't argue about:

DJ is the first actual PROFESSIONAL and NFL credentialed head coach we've had since Wade Phillips. He's better than Meathead, and way better than !@#$ (Greggggggg Williams).

I would take back Greg Williams anyday over Mularky.

Williams could be a good coach, but he just failed in his first try. Mularky has failed to stay an OC since leaving the Bills while Williams has done very well going back to being a DC and has been talked about as getting a second chance at HC

Not likely only coach who would be interested in OC position despite final year. That kind of "reasoning" is found on sites like RealFootball365.com.

Schonert will be allowed to call his own game for Jauron does not get involved in offense for it is not is expertise. Schonert is still offense coordinator and a rookie at that and any head coach is going to call his own game taking input from coordinators.

Bills will line up in whatever formation the Bills think allows the Bills to exploit whatever flaws they see in opposing games no matter what uber-knowledgeable fans think.

WRONG: You answers are incorrect. Thank you for playing. Next contestant.

Ah, the old, when someone lines up reality and logic against your argument, dismiss and ignore them as if they didn't exist. The problem is, P-Girl is right. There are a lot of coaches who, by your logic should never have gotten a second chance to coach in the NFL. I'm not saying that Jauron is the next Belicheat or Marv Levy, but let's see what he does this year with his best team in years on the field. If Buffalo tanks, and there aren't really a lot of injuries, then it is certainly legitimate to criticize Jauron and call for his head. Until we see how the team he has put together performs, it's a bit early to judge.

To address the original post, I think TE's play will dictate how the season goes. I think if he can be an average starting QB this team can win 9 games. If he plays just a bit better than average, we could win 10 or 11 games and make the playoffs. I expect the D will play well. Jauron's decision making the play calling strategy of TS will also dictate. I think you hit the issue right on the money. I do, however, have that same feeling that the Bills might surprise some people this year and make the playoffs.

I prefer a coach who plays to win football games, not plays them to not lose them. His ultra-conservative game-planning strikes absolutely no fear in opposing coaches and barring that one 13-3 season as head coach of the Bears, Jauron has proven nothing other than a coach who can get you to mediocrity. I will say that few coaches prepare a team for game day like Jauron, he always had the boys ready to play and be competitive...but by the time the kick was off, the Bills went into a defense-first, keep-it-close plan that let us beat bad teams, and let us get thumped by good teams. What is the Bills record during Jauron's tenure against teams that are playoff-bound? That record speaks for itself...

As for Trent, he's still green. I am hoping for a season where he gets steadily better and can actually play in cold weather.

Ah, the old, when someone lines up reality and logic against your argument, dismiss and ignore them as if they didn't exist. The problem is, P-Girl is right. There are a lot of coaches who, by your logic should never have gotten a second chance to coach in the NFL. I'm not saying that Jauron is the next Belicheat or Marv Levy, but let's see what he does this year with his best team in years on the field. If Buffalo tanks, and there aren't really a lot of injuries, then it is certainly legitimate to criticize Jauron and call for his head. Until we see how the team he has put together performs, it's a bit early to judge.

To address the original post, I think TE's play will dictate how the season goes. I think if he can be an average starting QB this team can win 9 games. If he plays just a bit better than average, we could win 10 or 11 games and make the playoffs. I expect the D will play well. Jauron's decision making the play calling strategy of TS will also dictate. I think you hit the issue right on the money. I do, however, have that same feeling that the Bills might surprise some people this year and make the playoffs.

WRONG: The answers are 1, 1, and 0.

I'm trying to be funny obviously. There was no logic or anything else in the questions: they're questions.

I basically lost all confidence in D.J. with that Dallas loss. My opinion.

Based on D.J.'s track record, his ultra-conservative game management, and a rookie O.C. with a first time starting QB, Buffalo

will miss the playoffs again. 10-6 may not get you in, and I think a three/four game improvement THIS year is asking a lot.

I really think (the thread topic) that T.E will improve, and D.J. will continue his ways and hold the team back. We'll see.

Not likely only coach who would be interested in OC position despite final year. That kind of "reasoning" is found on sites like RealFootball365.com.

Really? Who else showed at OBD for an interview?

Schonert will be allowed to call his own game for Jauron does not get involved in offense for it is not is expertise. Schonert is still offense coordinator and a rookie at that and any head coach is going to call his own game taking input from coordinators.

According to whom? Schonert's never been an OC before. Jauron's been a HC for 7+ seasons. Who do you think has more say in the final gameplan? I'd say Jauron's going to have control when all the dust has settled.

Bills will line up in whatever formation the Bills think allows the Bills to exploit whatever flaws they see in opposing games no matter what uber-knowledgeable fans think.

Yes, last season when the Dolphins secondary was led by street free agents and missing key players, those 2 TE's sets were the finest way of exploiting any holes Miami had. And yet the offense managed to find new depths to how bad it could be. Ask Lee Evans. Fairchild was not the only reason this offense was bad. Jauron was a part of the problem, not solution. He has final say, and when push comes to shove, draws up the ultra conservative plans which produce 7 offensive points against DEN, 3 against Dallas, 13 at NYJ, 13 at Miami, 14 at JAC, no TD's and 5 FG at WAS, 3 FGs at PHI. Record in those games was 3-4, right along with DJ's career record.

If you think the reason for offensive ineptitude was Fairchild alone, you're not seeing the whole picture.

WRONG: The answers are 1, 1, and 0.

I'm trying to be funny obviously. There was no logic or anything else in the questions: they're questions.

I basically lost all confidence in D.J. with that Dallas loss. My opinion.

Based on D.J.'s track record, his ultra-conservative game management, and a rookie O.C. with a first time starting QB, Buffalo

will miss the playoffs again. 10-6 may not get you in, and I think a three/four game improvement THIS year is asking a lot.

I really think (the thread topic) that T.E will improve, and D.J. will continue his ways and hold the team back. We'll see.

The problem hear is for the most part basing predictions on DJs past track record in other situations.

I agree there is a lot of logic in using the recent past track record as an INDICATION of what he likely will do. However, this would be a much stronger indication if he had much success with this mode of operation in the past. However, DJ is coming of a situation where the lack of an attacking offense was an obvious problem for this team.

The right question is not a simple dissertation of his past record, but whether there is any indication that DJ or Schonert are going to adopt a more successful style of play with this offense. One indication is that he likely has much better players to work with than he had before (Lynch, a more stable OL, and what Edwards has shown in his brief appearances.

This is far more impressive than what we had with a choppy OL, a disgruntled WM, and the uncertainties around JP. Someone who presents the past record as fully predictive of the future comes off as someone predicting that a coin will come up heads because it came up tails the last three times.

While the football prospects are far more nuanced than a 50/50 coin flip, simply expecting the future to be the same as the past lacks credibility.

It is amusing that it was the Dallas game which caused you to lose confidence because the problem in that game was actually DJ was not conservative enough. If he had gone 3 times in a row for a yard and a cloud of astroturf and had Lindell kick a chipshot FG to give the Bills 3 more points instead of asking Edwards to throw the ball, there is a fair chance we would have won the game.

Not meaning to throw gasoline on a flame, but let me posit a scenario. We're talking about (a) Jauron and (b) Edwards being the key to the upcoming season. Fair enough. Let's stop treating them as though they're separate outcomes, because they're not. Here comes the twister.....

What happens if JP simply lights up training camp? What happens if he shows an uncanny ability to get rid of the ball under pressure? What happens if his "short game" improves? What happens if he shows the same laser-lock long bombs he showed LAST training camp?

Let's make it MORE interesting. Maybe....just maybe....Trent takes a step back. Not "sucks", just "takes a step back", such that there is a clear, uninterrupted ray of light between the two quarterbacks.

(Side note - I know this post will result in the usual vomit of "JP sucks", or "I'll fuggin' kill myself". Serious posters only need apply).

JP lit it up in training camp last year. You know it. I know it. What if it happens THIS year? You're Jauron, and you have an "Oh, schit" on your hands. Won't THAT tell you a few things about the coach? About the direction of the team? And, again, please refrain from the "Oh, God, if JP takes the helm there will be a return to world communism, starvation, and locusts". Put some thought into it.

Thanks. What I find amusing is that the old steel town of Buffalo, blue-collar as can be, finds itself waiting for the performances of two intellectuals from Stanford and Yale.

I would take back Greg Williams anyday over Mularky.

Williams could be a good coach, but he just failed in his first try. Mularky has failed to stay an OC since leaving the Bills while Williams has done very well going back to being a DC and has been talked about as getting a second chance at HC

Dan Snyder had Gregg pegged to be head coach when Gibbs retired. He paid him more money as a defensive coordinator than some head coaches make to keep him on board until that day. The day came, Gibbs retired, and Danny changed his mind about Gregg. I think the reason he did is he knew his players would not put up with Williams crap. Gregg has the type of personality that can just wear on a person, his act gets old real fast. I would be surprised with his reputation if he gets another HC opportunity. It will be interesting in Jville next season. Williams system is totally different than what the Jags ran in the past. It will be interesting to see if Gregg can adjust his system to fit the players on the Jags, or do what he did in Buffalo, run off GOOD players to bring in others who are not as good but fit his system better.

it would be better if you looked up Marv Levy's 43% NFL winning percentage before he got to Buffalo and the first two years here, before the Bills became the great team of the early 90's. This team has been built as that team was through the draft.

jauron hopefully is on the same track, using the same formula.

Not meaning to throw gasoline on a flame, but let me posit a scenario. We're talking about (a) Jauron and (b) Edwards being the key to the upcoming season. Fair enough. Let's stop treating them as though they're separate outcomes, because they're not. Here comes the twister.....

What happens if JP simply lights up training camp? What happens if he shows an uncanny ability to get rid of the ball under pressure? What happens if his "short game" improves? What happens if he shows the same laser-lock long bombs he showed LAST training camp?

Let's make it MORE interesting. Maybe....just maybe....Trent takes a step back. Not "sucks", just "takes a step back", such that there is a clear, uninterrupted ray of light between the two quarterbacks.

(Side note - I know this post will result in the usual vomit of "JP sucks", or "I'll fuggin' kill myself". Serious posters only need apply).

JP lit it up in training camp last year. You know it. I know it. What if it happens THIS year? You're Jauron, and you have an "Oh, schit" on your hands. Won't THAT tell you a few things about the coach? About the direction of the team? And, again, please refrain from the "Oh, God, if JP takes the helm there will be a return to world communism, starvation, and locusts". Put some thought into it.

A thought that has been rumbling around for awhile. JP has no pressure to secure the number one this year. Dopn't know what he has been doing during the off season, but working on his deficiencies would have been a good idea.

It is amusing that it was the Dallas game which caused you to lose confidence because the problem in that game was actually DJ was not conservative enough. If he had gone 3 times in a row for a yard and a cloud of astroturf and had Lindell kick a chipshot FG to give the Bills 3 more points instead of asking Edwards to throw the ball, there is a fair chance we would have won the game.

Well, yes, it is rather ironic. The reason I lost confidence over the Dallas game was exactly as you point out: just run the ball a couple times. Simple.

It's right there in front of them, and they still found a way to mess it up. It is also another example of the coaching staff just simply not getting it done.

You're comments are hardly a glowing endorsement of D.J..

He can't win being conservative, and doesn't play it conservative when he should. Don't blame me.

BTW, this is not a discussion of chance, or a probability experiment. If it were, chances are the Bills would have been

back to the playoffs by now. They haven't been, and have one of longest current playoff droughts in the NFL.

There is no doubt we have more talent this year.Yes Trent must be more manlike and stop folding up inside the 20....BUT----we still have our mediocre DEs--lets hope the new guy has some talent.

Mediocre my a$$. Do you even watch football?

Perhaps DJ's ultra conservative style is a product of the hand he's been dealt--i.e., the players he's had.

Tony Dungy is an ultra conservative coach too--but things sure changed when he landed a job coaching Peyton Manning and co.

The question is: do we have the playmakers and OC to have a high-powered offense? If so, I think DJ will unleash it.

Words of Doom......

"Bend but don't Break"

This is the kind of defense we have had since Pat Williams left. Every year i see the playoff teams with strong attacking defenses. Teams that blitz on a regular basis. WE haven't had that in a few years. You could chalk it up to not having the players to do that sort of thing until this year. There is no reason to not be an attackign defense this year. All the pieces are there assuming no significant injuries occur. If the Bills do a "Bend but don't break" attitude type defense with the players we currently have we are screwed.

Dick Jauron to me is way to conservative of a coach who doesn't believe enough in his team to take chances.

Trent Edwards isn't an issue if you ask me. Trent Edwards play is going to be based upon a few things.

1) Offensive Coaches letting him be a QB fully. This means letting him make his own adjustments at the line.

2) James Hardy - Can he not be a typical WR and learn the NFL game quickly enough to be a factor. Will his size automatically make defenses shift coverage to him enough if he is a rookie. If Hardy can prove to be a threat early on the offense will improve dramatically in all areas.

3) Offensive Line - This line is probably the best since the Kelly years. I would like to see them become a bruiser of a line that just manhandles the opponent. If Marshawn Lynch can drag 3 people with him i think they can help some more.

Trent Edwards to me has all the tools to be a good if not great QB in the league down the line. He has size, some mobility, quick release, strong arm, and the brains to do it. Yes a JP losman fan is speaking wonders of Trent Edwards. Even as a JP Losman fan i know that Trent's upside as a QB is much higher.

it would be better if you looked up Marv Levy's 43% NFL winning percentage before he got to Buffalo and the first two years here, before the Bills became the great team of the early 90's. This team has been built as that team was through the draft.

jauron hopefully is on the same track, using the same formula.

You're right. In the absence of any indication that Jauron can lead into the playoffs and win, there is always hope.

Yep.....coming off back-back pro-bowl seasons......that Schobel is mediocre.....average at best.....liability for the team....needs replacing NOW!!!

Wouldn't "sucks" actaully be a step forward?

Yah what happens if maybe, just maybe Jimbo comes back and plays like he is in his prime.........JP, the most awesomest pre-season QB ever...yah! We should sign him long term just to play in the pre-season....