Tim McGraw Halftime song

rockpile

That song justifies the mute button on every remote control ever made.

503307[/snapback]

Actually, you'd enjoy yourself more if you put in a 5.1 or 6.1 surround sound system. You could then eliminate the center channel speaker, which is where the dialogue comes from, and just listen to the crowd all around you like you're at the game.

And I'll jump on the homer bandwagon for I Like It, I Love It. It's cool...when the Bills win. When they lose, it's like NFL Primetime. I'll take a pass. If anything is bothersome it's the "Are you ready for some football?" opening song. I've always, always liked that song. Thought it was cool as hell. Until they decided to have it take place in a GMC automobile factory.

WTF does that have to do with ANYTHING? Oh well, it could be worse. MNF could be aired by ESBN. ;)

Get rid of it. Just show highlights.

503579[/snapback]

ABC believes that by the time you see MNF you've seen the highlights. They tried to eliminate them for while..but that didn't fly because they replaced them with dreck. Now they've decided to jazz them up (I use the term "jazz" VERY loosely). ESPN has "The Ultimate Highlight" another attempt to "package" the highlights in a different form..."repurposing" the content.

As you probably know, only a certain amount of material is made available for use as highlights. Most of the highlights that can be used HAVE been used and seen multiple times by football fanatics like us. Here's my idea for MNF. Make a deal with the NFL to access a limited amount of additional highlight material. Then market it as the "Unseen" highlights or "Hidden Highlights" or some such nonsense. Take the best unused highlight or two from each of Sunday's games...preferably replays that show how a big play was successful or unsuccessful (a missed block, a missed assigmnent, etc). Maybe a couple of plays that, while unspectecular by themselves, illustrate what a team did differently in that game...you get the picture. A little mini-NFL Matchup, in reverse...sort of...not really.

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE THE CLASSIC NFL MUSIC BACK IN SUPER SLOW MOTION PHOTOGRAPHY... WITH THE DEEP VOICED DUDE.... WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE NETWORK IDIOTS.

I'D RATHER LISTEN TO CRYING BABIES THAN THE CRAP THEY THROW AT US...

IS IT JUST ME.... MAYBE I LOST THE EDGE SOMEWHERE.... I DON'T KNOW...

.... AND ANOTHER THING. CAN THERE BE A FEW MORE COMMERCIALS !!!!! CRAP ALREADY..... I WANT THROW THE REMORE THROUGH THE DAMN PICTURE WINDOW.... CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE ROLL THE CLOCK BACK 25 YEARS.... ( LET'S KEEP HDTV ) ,,, BUT GET RID OF THAT CRAP....

Letterman made a great point last night... Country music fancies itself as "accessable" and "the people's music" and "down to earth" ...

Tickets to the CMA? Two THOUSAND, five-hundred bucks apiece.  Yes, that's 25 times what I paid a month back to see the Stones ...

504889[/snapback]

There is a big difference between an industry awards show, and a Stones concert...

Still funny though! :)

There is a big difference between an industry awards show, and a Stones concert...

Still funny though! :)

504895[/snapback]

Huge difference. The Stones concert was music ... a show ... the product itself. The CMA is a bunch of people patting each other on the back for how good their product is. I'd pay two THOUSAND bucks to see the Stones live again before I'd pay a quarter to attend the CMA ... And, yes, you can lump in all those other BS "music" award shows where people like Seal and Britney Spears clean up despite nobody being able to name an album by either ...

Forgive me, but I've always HATED those "award" shows with a passion.

You are just jealous. :)

Huge difference. The Stones concert was music ... a show ... the product itself. The CMA is a bunch of people patting each other on the back for how good their product is. I'd pay two THOUSAND bucks to see the Stones live again before I'd pay a quarter to attend the CMA ... And, yes, you can lump in all those other BS "music" award shows where people like Seal and Britney Spears clean up despite nobody being able to name an album by either ...

504898[/snapback]

504898[/snapback]

I'm with you PIA...well at least on one thing. Awards show suck, live or on TV. I had to be dragged to the Emmys (by a beautiful co-worker) and hated every minute of it. Thank God for booze and drugs...they made the night bearable. :)

As for the Stones...you couldn't pay me to go...but a beautiful co-worker could persuade me with booze and drugs. :)

everything has to be associated with some God-awful country music these days..........

Country music fancies itself as "accessable" and "the people's music" and "down to earth".....

How many times do we have to tell you dorks? That is not country music.

Hell, it don't even have nothing in it about mama.....trains.....trucks......prison......or

gettin' drunk.

504898[/snapback]

Oh, me too. I love the Stones, but would never pay to see them again. Awards shows suck, and have always been awful. My point was, awards shows are not really meant for "fans", but for the corporate entities that create the product which they are awarding.

I love country music, real country music, not what the CMA calls country music. If you love rock music, but only love the rock music that the Grammys label as rock music, do you really know what rock music is? The Grateful Dead and Dylan are closer to country than guys like Keith Urban. Still, I wouldn't mind bunking a night with that sexy "country singer" Sara Evans.....yummy! And only marginally talanted! :)

Guest BackInDaDay

Hell, it don't even have nothing in it about mama.....trains.....trucks......prison......or

gettin' drunk.

504936[/snapback]

"I was drunk the day my momma got outa prison...." :)

You remember because the train totaled your truck and you had to put your dog down...right?

505038[/snapback]

I was drunk the day my mom got outta prison

And I went to pick her up in the raaaaain

But before I could get to the station

in my pick'em uuuuup truck

She got runned over by a damned old traaaaain.....

-You Never Even Called Me by My Name

(aka - The Greatest Country and Western Song Ever Written)

R.I.P. Steve Goodman

R.I.P. Steve Goodman

505049[/snapback]

Classic tune.

R.I.P. Steve Goodman

505049[/snapback]

That's beautiful, Simon. I'm tearing up as I type.

gettin' drunk.

504936[/snapback]

"We have both types of music...Country and Western."

Guest BackInDaDay

R.I.P. Steve Goodman

505049[/snapback]

Don't forget who gave it life... David Allan Coe.

"We have both types of music...Country and Western."

505075[/snapback]

One of the best shows I ever attended was in Central Park in the 70's:

Doc Watson

David Bromberg

Earl Scruggs Review

Traditional country, blues/bluegrass fusion. and country rock.

I still love Emmie Lou Harris - her hair is gray but she is a babe! <_< Catch her version of "Evangeline" with the Band on The Last Waltz.

Oh, me too.  I love the Stones, but would never pay to see them again.  Awards shows suck, and have always been awful.  My point was, awards shows are not really meant for "fans", but for the corporate entities that create the product which they are awarding. 

I love country music, real country music, not what the CMA calls country music.  If you love rock music, but only love the rock music that the Grammys label as rock music, do you really know what rock music is?  The Grateful Dead and Dylan are closer to country than guys like Keith Urban.  Still, I wouldn't mind bunking a night with that sexy "country singer" Sara Evans.....yummy!  And only marginally talanted! <_<

504995[/snapback]

real country music = texas country music...ie Kevin Fowler, Robert Earl Keen, Randy Rogers, Corey Morrow, and Reckless Kelly. I hated country till i heard them.