Tim McGraw Halftime song

rockpile

Huge difference. The Stones concert was music ... a show ... the product itself. The CMA is a bunch of people patting each other on the back for how good their product is. I'd pay two THOUSAND bucks to see the Stones live again before I'd pay a quarter to attend the CMA ... And, yes, you can lump in all those other BS "music" award shows where people like Seal and Britney Spears clean up despite nobody being able to name an album by either ...

Forgive me, but I've always HATED those "award" shows with a passion.

504898[/snapback]

Once, every couple of years you and I agree on something. There used to be Oscars, Emmys, Grammys and Tonys. Never really watched any of them but now there's what...about 600 awards shows?

One of the best shows I ever attended was in Central Park in the 70's:

Doc Watson

David Bromberg

Earl Scruggs Review

Traditional country, blues/bluegrass fusion. and country rock.

I still love Emmie Lou Harris - her hair is gray but she is a babe!  <_<  Catch her version of "Evangeline" with the Band on The Last Waltz.

505424[/snapback]

Emmie Lou is a sweetie. I about never listen to country/bluegrass, but I have developed quite a liking for Alison Krause, and also Nickel Creek.

Don't forget who gave it life... David Allan Coe.

We'll give David his props when he's dead. Of ocurse considering it probably should have happened 40 years ago, I suppose he can have some now.

I saw a great 2hr special on him on TV about a year ago(the Bravo channel maybe?) where they just had a camera crew with him for an extended period. What an intriguing and infinitely fascinating cat. You just felt compelled to watch and listen to see what the hell he was going to do or say next.

A real modern day pie-rat. <_<

I have developed quite a liking for Alison Krause, and also Nickel Creek.

Fine selections both. Damn, I'd have bet a lot of doughnuts I'd never hear anybody mention Nickel Creek in such a metropolitan venue.

Two of my good friends are an older couple from Florida who have a camp near mine and who I spend a lot of every summer with. He's the fiercest mandolin player I've ever seen and she's really earning her chops on the stand-up bass. They go to a lot of bluegrass festivals and have become pretty good friends with Chris Thile/Nickel Creek and quite a few musicians on the circuit. They also jam with them after shows and have turned me on to some great music.

If you're interested and trust I won't forward your snail mail to rural Indiana, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll send you along some CD's you might like.

Cya

We'll give David his props when he's dead. Of ocurse considering it probably should have happened 40 years ago, I suppose he can have some now.

I saw a great 2hr special on him on TV about a year ago(the Bravo channel maybe?) where they just had a camera crew with him for an extended period. What an intriguing and infinitely fascinating cat. You just felt compelled to watch and listen to see what the hell he was going to do or say next.

A real modern day pie-rat. <_<

Fine selections both. Damn, I'd have bet a lot of doughnuts I'd never hear anybody mention Nickel Creek in such a metropolitan venue.

Two of my good friends are an older couple from Florida who have a camp near mine and who I spend a lot of every summer with. He's the fiercest mandolin player I've ever seen and she's really earning her chops on the stand-up bass. They go to a lot of bluegrass festivals and have become pretty good friends with Chris Thile/Nickel Creek and quite a few musicians on the circuit. They also jam with them after shows and have turned me on to some great music.

If you're interested and trust I won't forward your snail mail to rural Indiana, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll send you along some CD's you might like.

Cya

505501[/snapback]

I'd love that. Thanks. Busy now, but will get to later.

Emmie Lou is a sweetie. I about never listen to country/bluegrass, but I have developed quite a liking for Alison Krause, and also Nickel Creek.

505484[/snapback]

Not sure if you like Dylan, BiB, but Emmylou sounds awesome on the Rolling Thunder Revue 2CD that came out a couple years ago.

She's also great on those Gram Parsons cuts.

Not sure if you like Dylan, BiB, but Emmylou sounds awesome on the Rolling Thunder Revue 2CD that came out a couple years ago.

She's also great on those Gram Parsons cuts.

505571[/snapback]

IMO, Dylan's last "masterpiece" was "Desire" (with some consideration to "Oh Mercy" and "Time Out of Mind"). Emmylou is all over that one....that band was great. Same people, basically, as on the Rolling Thunder Revue....great stuff....I just wish Daniel Lanois had not gotten a hold of Emmylou, to snuff the life out of her last few records...

505484[/snapback]

Emmy Lou is the REAL DEAL. A master of real country/bluegrass music...although, lately her band seems to have real jazz influence, which is fine by me (just makes them even better, more versatile players). I've only heard a little Allison Krause and like what I hear so far.

One of the best shows I ever attended was in Central Park in the 70's:

Doc Watson

David Bromberg

Earl Scruggs Review

Traditional country, blues/bluegrass fusion. and country rock.

I still love Emmie Lou Harris - her hair is gray but she is a babe!  <_<  Catch her version of "Evangeline" with the Band on The Last Waltz.

505424[/snapback]

Word, Rock. Emmie Lou is super hot in that. I just picked up the DVD after wearing out numerous VHS versions.

Props to ANYONE who even knows the name Gram Parsons. Anything other than the circumstances surrounding the treatment of his remains, that is...

Nope...everything has to be associated with some God-awful country music these days.  <_<

503571[/snapback]

What do you get if you play a country western song backwards?

You get your girl back

your truck back

your dog back...................