Same old Drew

Pete

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no fan of Bledsoe but it's his fault Roy Williams got dusted by Santana Moss twice?

Granted, Drew's last couple of series were bad. I attribute part of that to the moronic playcalling of Sean Payton. The Giants had him here and he stunk.

I saw a couple of bad calls. Like that short pass Drew tried on third down up 13-7. Well, let's see. Who called it? Payton. You got to at least get to the marker to get a first down. Typical bs call.

At least Drew found chemistry with Terry Glenn :D.

450755[/snapback]

It's NOT Drew's fault Williams got his jock handed to him. It's not Drew's fault the team lost.

However, Drew was provided 3 chances in the late going to win the game for Dallas. It DID NOT happen. I don't take issue with Drew losing the game. I take issue with Drew NOT winning the game. He's kind of like the anti-Flutie. Flutie typically stunk in the 2nd and 3rd quarters but would score on the opening drive and then find a way to get things done in the 4th. Drew seems to be the opposite. He does reasonably well before the game is on the line, but then when the 4th quarter comes he can't get it done.

When I watch him play, I always get the feeling that he doesn't know how to function once the game gets to a pressure situation. That is probably unfair and a bit of an overstatement (I mean he played well in the Minnesota game a few years back), but he just seems to be lacking something. It kind of stinks that he gets that way. He seems like a good guy and he has some tremendous physical tools; I was very psyched when the Bills got him. However, I also was glad that the Bills realized that Drew won't take them any farther than he has. Is JP the answer? I don't know, but I do know Drew isn't the answer for the Bills. Maybe he will be for the Pokes, but I sure wouldn't want to have any money on him being the answer. (Also, I know for me personally, it would be a LOT easier to root for Bledsoe if he didn't wear that evil star on his helmet. I don't want him to do bad, but I really wouldn't mind seeing them go 5-11 for oh, about the next decade.)

That game was there for Drew to win. It simply didn't happen. Once again, it's not his fault the Pokes lost; but it is his fault they didn't win.

Dave.

While I was watching the game this past week, some joker started telling me that Flutie should have started that playoff game.

I responded witha  simple 4 word reply. "Let it die, man."

450820[/snapback]

you GOTTA love bills' fans. what other fans still B word and moan about a game played 5 1/2 years ago? :D

Let's all admit then the decision to give JP the QB job is more about the future than what he can do this year.

Let's just chalk this up as a year for JP to learn how to be a QB and hopefully we will not lose too many critical players when he finally learns how to beat defenses when they are defending against the run.

As opposed to what it would be with Bledsoe at the helm? Are you saying that Drew would have given us a better chance to beat Tampa, despite his litany of history against fast, physical defenses on the road?

In the meantime, I think that it is fair to look at what the other guy is doing now.  I realize that whatever the other guy does, the "haters" on this board will find some critique.  Whatever.

Last time I checked, both teams have the same record, with the difference being one team hasn't lost a home division game. That's pretty much the most important stat.

P.S.  "Duh" - of course we disagree.  When we start agreeing on something is when I will start to get worried.  

Works for me, though I'm always shocked when you actually pick up something obvious.

P.P.S.  It is quite humorous that you guys cannot give Bledsoe his do and are so quick to dismiss his offensive player of the week award.  I guess that the people that vote on that somehow must have missed the insightful pontification of the haters club on this board.

450764[/snapback]

Well, since it's the only actual bullet in YOUR gun you may as well keep shooting it. I'll simply keep looking at his performances at key moments in games and situations that actually matter and realize he's far more likely to come up short. 2-14 as the starter in Buffalo against teams that won 10 or more games. But keep hanging on the aberration, as so many BILLS fans did his first 8 weeks here. Eventually he'll be pissing in the pool.

As opposed to what it would be with Bledsoe at the helm?  Are you saying that Drew would have given us a better chance to beat Tampa, despite his litany of history against fast, physical defenses on the road?

Last time I checked, both teams have the same record, with the difference being one team hasn't lost a home division game.  That's pretty much the most important stat.

Works for me.

Well, since it's the only actual bullet in YOUR gun you may as well keep shooting it.  I'll simply keep looking at his performances at key moments in games and situations that actually matter and realize he's far more likely to come up short.  2-14 as the starter in Buffalo against teams that won 10 or more games.

450831[/snapback]

I am so glad that we can continue to disagree. It is a long season. I am sure that this topic will come up on a weekly (probably more) basis.

P.S. Only bullet in my gun? Who has thrown more TDs? Who did not look absolutely lost in a game? Who has the better QB rating? (it is funny how the Bledsoe haters wanted to bring up QB ratings after the first preseason game, but don't think that it is meaningful now that the regular season has started).

P.P.S. One of the big differences between the haters club and others like me is that I actually want JP to do well and outperform every other QB in the NFL. I just don't think that our goal as Bills fans is to p*ss on DB every chance we get. It was especially humorous to have one poster post the typical "Drew Sucks' rant in the first quarter of the Cowboy/Charger game only to be embarrassed later. It was even funnier to read all of the contortions in the Bledsoe haters' posts about why "Drew Sucks" after the the Charger game -- even though he was offensive player of the week. It also was funny to read people discount his long throw for the first TD in the Washington game (you know the one with the tight spiral that hit the receiver perfectly in stride) as a "gadget play" as though it somehow did not count.

I am so glad that we can continue to disagree.  It is a long season.  I am sure that this topic will come up on a weekly (probably more) basis.

P.S.  Only bullet in my gun? Who has thrown more TDs?  Who did not look absolutely lost in a game?  Who has the better QB rating? (it is funny how the Bledsoe haters wanted to bring up QB ratings after the first preseason game, but don't think that it is meaningful now that the regular season has started).

P.P.S.  One of the big differences between the haters club and others like me is that I actually want JP to do well and outperform every other QB in the NFL.  I just don't think that our goal as Bills fans is to p*ss on DB every chance we get.  It was especially humorous to have one poster post the typical "Drew Sucks' rant in the first quarter of the Cowboy/Charger game only to be embarrassed later.  It was even funnier to read all of the contortions in the Bledsoe haters' posts about why "Drew Sucks" after the the Charger game -- even though he was offensive  player of the week.  It also was funny to read people discount his long throw for the first TD in the DC game (you know the one with the tight spiral that hit the receiver perfectly in stride) as a "gadget play" as though it somehow did not count.

450850[/snapback]

What you seem to be missing here is that Drew's performance this year doesn't mean squat. He could win the MVP with Dallas and it was still the right move to dump him. Even if he does poorly it doesn't vindicate the decision, the decision doesn't need vindication. In his three years with the Bills he didn't do enough to keep his job, period. That's the bottom line and that's all that matters. There's no need to second-guess, we saw the product on the field for 3 years.

I am so glad that we can continue to disagree.  It is a long season.  I am sure that this topic will come up on a weekly (probably more) basis.

P.S.  Only bullet in my gun? Who has thrown more TDs?  Who did not look absolutely lost in a game?  Who has the better QB rating? (it is funny how the Bledsoe haters wanted to bring up QB ratings after the first preseason game, but don't think that it is meaningful now that the regular season has started).

Ah, let's start tossing out stats because for once, Drew Bledsoe can actually win the battle. Albeit against a player who before the season started had a grand total of 5 NFL passes to his credit. Good show.

P.P.S.  One of the big differences between the haters club and others like me is that I actually want JP to do well and outperform every other QB in the NFL.

Congratulations. I guess that makes you a BILLS fan too.

I just don't think that our goal as Bills fans is to p*ss on DB every chance we get.  It was especially humorous to have one poster post the typical "Drew Sucks' rant in the first quarter of the Cowboy/Charger game only to be embarrassed later.  It was even funnier to read all of the contortions in the Bledsoe haters' posts about why "Drew Sucks" after the the Charger game -- even though he was offensive  player of the week.  It also was funny to read people discount his long throw for the first TD in the DC game (you know the one with the tight spiral that hit the receiver perfectly in stride) as a "gadget play" as though it somehow did not count.

450850[/snapback]

Yippee. Drew throws a pretty deep ball. Always has. Too bad he has so many glaring problems in other areas and is far more likely to fold his tent when his team needs him most than to elevate his game.

What you seem to be missing here is that Drew's performance this year doesn't mean squat.  He could win the MVP with Dallas and it was still the right move to dump him.  Even if he does poorly it doesn't vindicate the decision, the decision doesn't need vindication.  In his three years with the Bills he didn't do enough to keep his job, period.  That's the bottom line and that's all that matters.  There's no need to second-guess, we saw the product on the field for 3 years.

450871[/snapback]

It sounds like you already are making excuses.

I hope that JP outplays Drew and every other QB. If he doesn't outpeform Drew, it is a fair issue.

I'm not really going to read all through this thread. I'll just say, in my opinions, having that idiot gilbride as an OC really screwed up Drew's chances to be a good QB here. Gilbride was an idiot and I wish somebody would have gone Buddy Ryan on him while he was here.

I would have if given the chance. I so wanted to run into that moron in the street. I would have punched him in the face without warning or speaking to him.

It sounds like you already are making excuses.

I hope that JP outplays Drew and every other QB.  If he doesn't outpeform Drew, it is a fair issue.

450888[/snapback]

Making excuses? Please point to the sentences where I made an excuse. I'm simply judging players based on what they do for the Bills. JP and Drew are totally separate issues. I'll judge JP's value to the team based on what he does for the Bills, just as I judged Drew's value to the team based on what he did for the Bills. What players do after they leave the Bills doesn’t really concern me in terms of deciding if I think the Bills made the right decision in keeping or booting that player. What they did for the Bills is all that matters. If you can't point to what Drew did while IN Buffalo to make your argument that he should have stayed then your position is pretty flimsy.

What you seem to be missing here is that Drew's performance this year doesn't mean squat.  He could win the MVP with Dallas and it was still the right move to dump him.  Even if he does poorly it doesn't vindicate the decision, the decision doesn't need vindication.  In his three years with the Bills he didn't do enough to keep his job, period.  That's the bottom line and that's all that matters.  There's no need to second-guess, we saw the product on the field for 3 years.

450871[/snapback]

My only question then is why do the bashers start threads about DB everytime he does something wrong? Notice that these DB threads are NOT started by the "DB appologists," as the bashers like to say. They're starrted by people saying, "Look, DB fumbled the snap," and "Look, it's the same old Drew!"

And then the "appologists" get criticized for beating a dead horse. :D

If JP vs DB doesn't matter, then please stop making threads about it!

CW

My only question then is why do the bashers start threads about DB everytime he does something wrong?  Notice that these DB threads are NOT started by the "DB appologists," as the bashers like to say.  They're starrted by people saying, "Look, DB fumbled the snap," and "Look, it's the same old Drew!"

And then the "appologists" get criticized for beating a dead horse.  :D

If JP vs DB doesn't matter, then please stop making threads about it!

CW

450905[/snapback]

Please point me in the direction of the threads I've started on the subject.

Please point me in the direction of the threads I've started on the subject.

450917[/snapback]

Please point me in the directionof the post where I said you specifically started the subject. :D

I said, "Drew bashers," not, "MDH."

CW

Please point me in the directionof the post where I said you specifically started the subject.  :D

CW

450931[/snapback]

you probably consider me to be a basher (i'm batting 3rd), but i didn't start any threads about this either. it's like a moth to a flame, though, when i read "it wasn't drew's fault" and think back to how often i tried, foolishly, to convince myself of that over the past 2 1/2 years.

somewhere along the way you guys have to come to the realization that drew can't get it done in the clutch and was never going to lead the bills to the promised land.

Please point me in the directionof the post where I said you specifically started the subject.  <_<

CW

450931[/snapback]

Please point me in the direction of where I said, "Fezmid, please point me in the direction of the threads I've started on the subject." I simply said, "please point me in the direction of the threads I've started on the subject." Why would you think I meant you Fezmid? What? Oh, I replied to your post specifically? Ahhh, so that's how that works.

Congratulations.  I guess that makes you a BILLS fan too.

450872[/snapback]

That and the fact that I still have season tickets even though I now live in Miami.

That and the fact that, after a Bills loss, I become catatonic.

That and the fact that I spend so much of my day on this board.

That and the fact that I bleed red, white, and blue. (actually, I bleed the color blue of our old uniform. My body will not accept the new blue or silver).

Please point me in the direction of where I said, "Fezmid, please point me in the direction of the threads I've started on the subject."  I simply said, "please point me in the direction of the threads I've started on the subject."  Why would you think I meant you Fezmid?  What? Oh, I replied to your post specifically?  Ahhh, so that's how that works.

450954[/snapback]

Except in MY post, I said, "Bashers start threads," and in YOUR post, you said, "Point me in the direction."

Whatever. <_< I'll go back to lurk mode.

CW