Four Falls of Buffalo on NFLN now

• davefan66 changed the title to Four Falls of Buffalo on NFLN now
1 hour ago, PastaJoe said:

I can’t watch it again, it makes me too sad. 😢 

The only good thing about it for me was.... I was young!

Promotion/ Marketing Coordinator working in a restaurant/ bar surrounded by a couple of hundred Bills fans in the Falls. When they lined up for the kick, it was such a good fateful season that year for the Bills. The ruining of super hyped Jeff George NFL debut with the no huddle, the crazy Broncos 3 score comeback in a minute or so, crushing the Browns via shutout, the crazy windy Phoenix game & then  51-3!

I never felt so sure about a Buffalo team that the kick was gonna be good & celebrate forever, it was our moment.... and then it wasn't and created infamy ever since. 

Tough being a Bills fan 🫤, but... we got an ace in Josh Allen, we've got a chance 🫰

I never realized the guys on the cover are not actually Jim, Thurman, Andre, and Bruce. I thought it was an older photo at first but I zoomed in and that’s certainly not them back then. At best the older versions and I don’t think that’s even possible. 

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

It's also still on Netflix if anyone wants to delay their anguish for a more convenient time.

Choosing a convenient time for anguish goes against all of our natural masochist instincts

• Sad 1

I choose to look at that era as a never duplicated uninterrupted back to back to back to back run of AFC supremacy—one that not even the Chefs or Patsies have been able to do…our ability to get back up off the mat and push that boulder back up the next season’s mountain has always been inspiring. Look at it that glass half full sort of way and it’s not quite as painful imho. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

I never felt so sure about a Buffalo team that the kick was gonna be good & celebrate forever, it was our moment.... 

When I watched live, I had a bad feeling about the kick. The Bills had struggled all game. It was a long FG for back then, and Norwood sucked on those and on grass. Five yards closer and I would have felt more confident.

I can’t wait until the sequel, 13 Seconds in Kansas City, is released!!!!

in the meantime I’ll just drag my nuts through broken glass.

7 minutes ago, chongli said:

When I watched live, I had a bad feeling about the kick. The Bills had struggled all game. It was a long FG for back then, and Norwood sucked on those and on grass. Five yards closer and I would have felt more confident.

They had 8 seconds left on the clock. More than enough time for a sideline pass. May not have completed one but they didn’t even try. 

Levy spit the bit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Beast said:

I can’t wait until the sequel, 13 Seconds in Kansas City, is released!!!!

in the meantime I’ll just drag my nuts through broken glass.

They had 8 seconds left on the clock. More than enough time for a sideline pass. May not have completed one but they didn’t even try. 

Levy spit the bit.

Yes, I agree. But back then, IIRC, even quick plays took 6-7 seconds on average. If that is true, we would have risking a lot by trying to run another play. With Buffalo's luck, the receiver would have been tackled right before getting OOB. But kicking a 48-yarder was risky too. Damned either way, I guess.

EDIT: Damn Gary Anderson. We drafted the guy. He would have made it.

Edited by chongli

It's an excellent documentary - but once only for me.  

So many years ago, but still so brutal.  I feel like I'll be able to watch it again if we ever win one, but until then I can't go near it.