Beane on Green Light with Chris Long

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

That’s exactly my point. Would be incredible if Bears would’ve traded the #9 pick for our first, second and third. Teams have done dumber things. Remember a couple years ago when the Vikings traded all the way down from pick 12 to 32!! Lions got Jameson Williams at pick 12

32, 34 and 66 to the Minnesota Vikings for pick Nos. 12 and 46

Wish we could’ve gotten a steal like that to trade up for Odunze. Stupid Vikings 

There's a sliding scale for the cost of Draft Day Trades depending on the talent pool available. The 2022 Draft was not a great Draft. So prices were cheaper. 

There's also a far cry difference between trading 32, 34, and 66 for 12 and 46 and trading 33, 60, and 95 for 9 - even if that wasn't a great trade to begin with.

Which is what the trade would have to be because your idea of giving 28 and giving up Bishop and Carter isn't possible. We were only able to get Carter because we traded down from 28. With 28, the best we could have offered to go along with it was 60 and a 4th.

The Bears weren't giving up Odunze, even in this "what if" scenario. They ran that card up to the podium like their shoes were on fire. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, NeverOutNick said:

If you would’ve guaranteed me we could’ve had Rome Odunze at pick 9 for 28 and losing out on Bishop and Carter, sign me up all day every day. Odunze will be a top 10 WR in this league for the next decade sooner rather than later 

I love Odunze as much as anyone, but how do you know Coleman won't be a top 10 WR himself?  Most importantly, you do not NEED a top 10 WR, its be proven over and over and over that a top 10 WR is NOT a mandated player to be a SB champion.  

12 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

That’s exactly my point. Would be incredible if Bears would’ve traded the #9 pick for our first, second and third. Teams have done dumber things. Remember a couple years ago when the Vikings traded all the way down from pick 12 to 32!! Lions got Jameson Williams at pick 12

32, 34 and 66 to the Minnesota Vikings for pick Nos. 12 and 46

Wish we could’ve gotten a steal like that to trade up for Odunze. Stupid Vikings 

Why are you and so many people wasting breath on this concept we should have traded with the Bears.  You realize the Bears had to have wanted to trade with the Bills, and they clearly didn't considering everyone and their mom knew the Bills both needed and wanted to take a WR early and the Bears didn't call Beane even once.  In fact, no team in the top 10 picks called the Bills, who again, everyone knew needed and wanted a WR, to trade back to 28.  

This isn't madden where you just meet a threshold of min trade commitment and the trade is accepted.  Some of you need to get over it and just move on.  Trading up for Odunze, Nabers, or MHJ was never at any moment on the table for us as nobody had any interest to trading back to 28 that was in range to get any of those guys.  

• Thank you (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

There's a sliding scale for the cost of Draft Day Trades depending on the talent pool available. The 2022 Draft was not a great Draft. So prices were cheaper. 

There's also a far cry difference between trading 32, 34, and 66 for 12 and 46 and trading 33, 60, and 95 for 9 - even if that wasn't a great trade to begin with.

Which is what the trade would have to be because your idea of giving 28 and giving up Bishop and Carter isn't possible. We were only able to get Carter because we traded down from 28. With 28, the best we could have offered to go along with it was 60 and a 4th.

The Bears weren't giving up Odunze, even in this "what if" scenario. They ran that card up to the podium like their shoes were on fire. 

I agree with you. I was only responding to the guy who stated we didn’t trade up in the first round for one of the top 3 WR and he’s ok with it because we ended up with Carter and Bishop instead. I know it would’ve taken more than what we had to get up that high. 

If we are still playing this hypothetical though I would’ve been all about trading 28, 60 and one of next years 2nds for Odunze 

3 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

I don't agree with that interpretation...I see it as he was among a tier of players where they felt comfortable spending a pick without spending future assets to trade up, where they saw they had say five players when they were at 28 that they valued equally, so they knew if they dropped to 33 they would be guarenteed to get one of those five.

That doesn't mean they didn't have Coleman as one of their guys they wanted...it's just they would have been equally good with anyone in that tier and they would have been just as pumped to draft anyone in that tier equally...Coleman definitely was their guy, as were several others in that range I'm sure.

They definitely didn't settle...they got who they wanted, added a 3rd and went from the bottom of the 6th to the top of the fifth in the process...they killed it

I think people are missing the point of what I was saying.  What I was trying to say is that Coleman was not a guy they had singled out as someone they absolutely had to have above every other player on their board.  Like in past years, they traded up to ensure they got the guy they really wanted.  However, in this case, they actually traded down twice with teams that wanted a WR.  So, if they absolutely wanted Coleman over everyone else, they would have just picked him.  Instead, I think they just had him in a bucket with a bunch of other guys and if he would have been picked ahead of them, they would have been just as happy with any other player in that same bucket.  I am not saying they didn't want him.  I am saying they didn't prioritize him as being head and shoulders above anyone else they had in the same bucket.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I agree with you. I was only responding to the guy who stated we didn’t trade up in the first round for one of the top 3 WR and he’s ok with it because we ended up with Carter and Bishop instead. I know it would’ve taken more than what we had to get up that high. 

If we are still playing this hypothetical though I would’ve been all about trading 28, 60 and one of next years 2nds for Odunze 

Not even close to getting that ninth pick, my guy

Next year's first and second with the 1st and 2nd from this year's and maybe you are in the ballpark

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I love Odunze as much as anyone, but how do you know Coleman won't be a top 10 WR himself?  Most importantly, you do not NEED a top 10 WR, its be proven over and over and over that a top 10 WR is NOT a mandated player to be a SB champion.  

Why are you and so many people wasting breath on this concept we should have traded with the Bears.  You realize the Bears had to have wanted to trade with the Bills, and they clearly didn't considering everyone and their mom knew the Bills both needed and wanted to take a WR early and the Bears didn't call Beane even once.  In fact, no team in the top 10 picks called the Bills, who again, everyone knew needed and wanted a WR, to trade back to 28.  

This isn't madden where you just meet a threshold of min trade commitment and the trade is accepted.  Some of you need to get over it and just move on.  Trading up for Odunze, Nabers, or MHJ was never at any moment on the table for us as nobody had any interest to trading back to 28 that was in range to get any of those guys.  

Again, I never said we had the opportunity for Odunze, Nabers or MHJ. I was simply replying to a hypothetical with my own hypothetical lol. 

I also don’t fault Beane for not trading up because he can’t do anything about not having a willing partner and he shouldn’t overpay. The ONLY thing I fault Beane for is not going harder at long term investments around Josh. Kincaid and Coleman are a good start but when you have a generational talent you need to do better. What happens if Kincaid goes down? Do we depend on the no hands team again in Knox and newly acquired MVS. Sorry to be so blatant and hard headed but honestly screw the defensive side of the ball. It’s not like we’re getting Chris Jones so come playoff time having a Cole Bishop or a Justin Simmons or a Mike Edwards at safety or having a Calais Campbell or a Dewayne Carter as a rotational DT is going to add up to the same thing we’ve seen year in and year out of a McD led defense. But having receivers better than Sherfield to back up injured starters (who have their own issues with drops) like Davis is a glaring issue in getting us to a Super Bowl championship

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

Completely disagree with the bolded.  Allen was having a massive statistical year under Dorsey.  It wasn't an accountability issue with Allen. 

Dorsey sucked.  He didn't prepare good enough game plans and couldn't make enough in game adjustments.  

Josh is a total stud and also respectful.  I can't stand it when fans act like he needs his hand held or has some kind of psychological issues.  

The team played better when Dorsey left because he was awful.

So there were several parts of the interview I found interesting.

One was what Beane had to say about the change-over from Dorsey to Brady.  Beane RAVED about what a great communicator Brady is.  Said maybe you don't notice it's missing until you have it.  Also said when someone goes out, Brady was like "OK, who we got, we're gonna do this we're goinna do that"

The pretty clear implication was that Dorsey was missing communication and energy with the players, and that Dorsey perhaps did show let down when a player went out 

4 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Interesting trying to read between the lines about why Bean and McD liked Brady as OC over Dorsey.  

I don't think he left much between the lines, to be honest with you.

Couple other parts I found interesting.  In discussing WR, Beane mentioned Shakir, he mentioned Samuel, he mentioned Coleman, and he mentioned MVS (a lot).  Chase Claypool as far as I can tell, went unmentioned.  So did Shorter and the PS guys.  This leaves me feeling Claypool better "show up and show out" or he'll be out.

• Like (+1) 5

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Beck Water said:

One was what Beane had to say about the change-over from Dorsey to Brady.  Beane RAVED about what a great communicator Brady is.  Said maybe you don't notice it's missing until you have it.  Also said when someone goes out, Brady was like "OK, who we got, we're gonna do this we're goinna do that"

The pretty clear implication was that Dorsey was missing communication and energy with the players, and that Dorsey perhaps did show let down when a player went out 

Couple other parts I found interesting.  In discussing WR, Beane mentioned Shakir, he mentioned Samuel, he mentioned Coleman, and he mentioned MVS (a lot).  Chase Claypool as far as I can tell, went unmentioned.  So did Shorter and the PS guys.  This leaves me feeling Claypool better "show up and show out" or he'll be out.

You’re on point. He also really tagged Hollins as well. I’m not the biggest Hollins supporter but Beane definitely loves him some Hollins and MVS. Hope it’s a fair and even competition for all 3 remaining spots but definitely sounds like Hollins and MVS have a leg up. 

I’m a huge Shakir guy and think he’ll be our best WR this year along with Kincaid in the middle so it was nice to hear Beane give him some love.

That really was a good interview. And like others said before I’m glad Chop Robinson was gone because McD would’ve been all in Beanes pocket to get him at 28 lol. He did mention Latu though. That’s the only DE I would’ve been on board with taking at 28. He’s a freak. 

Lastly I really am excited to see how Brady operates his offense with a full offseason under his belt

Edited by NeverOutNick

3 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

He never said at pick 28 lol. But yes he did say he was glad he had a slow 40 so that they could get him. He said the same thing about Gabe when he came out when they got him in the 4th. We’ll never know where they had Coleman on their board but 2 things we do know:

1. They knew they could risk dropping down a couple time to get Coleman because other teams wouldn’t have him rated as high

2. There was no WR outside of the top 3 they had conviction on to trade up in the draft for. 

Coleman had the best hands in this draft class so I’m happy to have him because we had too many dropped passes last year. Coleman should NOT be expected to be a plug and play #1 WR that can run the route tree and win off the line of scrimmage with his explosion. That’s not who he is. He’s got a great head on his shoulders though so who knows maybe he’ll get to that level with some hard work and good coaching. I see him being a Higgins type for us and I’m ok with that.

If you would’ve guaranteed me we could’ve had Rome Odunze at pick 9 for 28 and losing out on Bishop and Carter, sign me up all day every day. Odunze will be a top 10 WR in this league for the next decade sooner rather than later 

Where in the hell did you get Coleman has the best hands in the draft? Thats not true at all and Ive literally talked to NFL coaches that come into my pub. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, mollymalonesmafia said:

Where in the hell did you get Coleman has the best hands in the draft? Thats not true at all and Ive literally talked to NFL coaches that come into my pub. 

Oh no not NFL coaches that come into your pub! He’s got great hands, just snatches the ball without hesitation. If not the BEST hands, off the top of my head they’re in the top tier with Polk, Odunze and AD Mitchell. Maybe tell your coaching buddies they need to watch a little closer. Coleman is a natural hands catcher and it’s why he doesn’t have to slow down his routes to make a play on the ball. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NeverOutNick said:

Again, I never said we had the opportunity for Odunze, Nabers or MHJ. I was simply replying to a hypothetical with my own hypothetical lol. 

I also don’t fault Beane for not trading up because he can’t do anything about not having a willing partner and he shouldn’t overpay. The ONLY thing I fault Beane for is not going harder at long term investments around Josh. Kincaid and Coleman are a good start but when you have a generational talent you need to do better. What happens if Kincaid goes down? Do we depend on the no hands team again in Knox and newly acquired MVS. Sorry to be so blatant and hard headed but honestly screw the defensive side of the ball. It’s not like we’re getting Chris Jones so come playoff time having a Cole Bishop or a Justin Simmons or a Mike Edwards at safety or having a Calais Campbell or a Dewayne Carter as a rotational DT is going to add up to the same thing we’ve seen year in and year out of a McD led defense. But having receivers better than Sherfield to back up injured starters (who have their own issues with drops) like Davis is a glaring issue in getting us to a Super Bowl championship

But you do realize that Beane has used three first round picks (plus 2 4ths) in the last 5 drafts on weapons for Josh (Diggs, Kincaid, and Coleman).  He also invested a 2nd in Cook to help Josh by running the ball, something we badly needed.  Then there is Davis and Shakir who were also 4th and 5th round picks.  And love or hate Davis, he was a good value for a 4th round pick and Shakirs future looks very bright.  

Then there are the players he added in Free Agency, from Cole Beasly who was one of the best slot WR's in the NFL most of his career here and Sanders too.  

So I get everyone wants more and more toys, but the truth is, Beane has invested a lot more into weapons and help for Josh than people realize, including OL help.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Also interesting that he answered questions about Diggs and alluded to him at other times without directly naming him… seemed very intentional… and somewhat telling. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

In another thread, I named the six wideouts who I thought would make the final 53.  Beane mentioned 5 of the 6.  The one he didn't mention was Claypool.  I also thought that was telling.

About Brady...  People with the team tell a pretty consistent story.  Brady is a good communicator.  And some say it's not just  one-way.  He solicits feedback from other coaches and players.  Reading between the lines, I guess Dorsey didn't do that.  

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But you do realize that Beane has used three first round picks (plus 2 4ths) in the last 5 drafts on weapons for Josh (Diggs, Kincaid, and Coleman).  He also invested a 2nd in Cook to help Josh by running the ball, something we badly needed.  Then there is Davis and Shakir who were also 4th and 5th round picks.  And love or hate Davis, he was a good value for a 4th round pick and Shakirs future looks very bright.  

Then there are the players he added in Free Agency, from Cole Beasly who was one of the best slot WR's in the NFL most of his career here and Sanders too.  

So I get everyone wants more and more toys, but the truth is, Beane has invested a lot more into weapons and help for Josh than people realize, including OL help.  

I think we’re going to be at an impasse on this. I think Beane has done the bare minimum to help Josh out with weapons while keeping him content. Table scrap signings of MVS and last chance Hail Marys in claypool are not how you build long term continuity for your superstar QB who is your only chance at winning a Super Bowl. I know Mahomes has won it with an offensive mastermind, the best offensive weapon at TE we’ve ever had in Kelce and a defensive genius who won’t ever get another chance to be a HC. So sure let them do their bare minimum at WR but that’s not how normal teams with franchise QBs operate. Cincy drafts WRs every year for Joe. 3 of the best offensive minds in the league in Mcdaniel, Shanahan and Lafleur consistently find new weapons for their QB early and often. Even the in the trenches former Michigan National Champion HC, Jim Harbaugh drafted 3 WRs for his new franchise QB this year.

Now let’s look at our last 4 years big key free agent signing and also the first 3 rounds of each draft (because that’s where the starters are right?):

2024 - We lose our top 2 WR and had no one behind Shakir worth a damn on the roster at WR. Buffalo selects Coleman in the second round. The next 2 picks…defense. Safety Cole Bishop when there were plenty of cheap options still available in free agency to include the unsigned Justin Simmons. 3rd round we select a rotational DT after signing multiple DTs early in free agency to go along with our starters from last year, Oliver and Jones. No big money free agent signing this off season because of the cap. So end score defense up 2 and helping Josh 1

2023 - This year I have to admit was more Josh help in the draft. Kincaid and Terrence first 2 picks were slam dunks and the D got another LB in Williams. The big free agent signing was a $9 mil contract for Floyd but even with that I’d still make this a win for the offense (even though I was begging to sign Hopkins over Floyd…could’ve used him vs KC). All of the minor free agent moves for scrub WRs (Harty and Sherfield) didn’t work out and is another reason to throw darts in the draft at the position like GB and Cincy does year in and year out. 

2022 - Defense rules the day. Elam and Bernard, first and third with a RB in the 2nd (I hate take RBs early but I’ve conceded that Beane is going to replenish a new RB every year somewhere between round 2 and 4 instead of getting more WRs). Cook has been a nice addition though even if he can’t catch a wide open TD pass to save his life. What was the big free agent addition this offseason? Von Miller 🥳…you’re welcome McD. The signing makes total sense because it’s not like you invested your first 2 picks on pass rushers the year before…Defense killed this offseason 

2021 - Round 1 DE Greg Rousseau, Round 2 DE Boogie Basham, Round 3 OT Spencer Brown. Besides resigning Milano there wasn’t a big money free agent I can find from this offseason. But again pretty obvious defense was the flavor of the offseason. 

The priority is not Josh and it needs to be. 

Edited by NeverOutNick
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, sven233 said:

But regardless, I think they are really hoping to win by having Josh play point guard this year and just get it to the open guy no matter who it is or what position it is.  It's a bold strategy that could pay off if it works, but if it doesn't, it's yet another season of not fully committing to building around Allen and just forcing him to make everyone around him better rather than getting Allen the most weapons possible to unlock even another level for Allen in his career. 

How is having an elite QB tasked with simply finding the open given guy on any given play, rather than looking to force it to a specific guy the defense is very aware of, some kind of "bold strategy?" Especially when force-feeding specific players, instead of just taking the open reads, was the offense's undoing at times the last two seasons. How does that work? 

I get that adding an elite outside, man-beating, separator would have pleased more people, but do we all realize that the 2024 guys who actually fit that mold aren't who you think? Admittedly, Coleman's advanced metrics are generally awful. But there isn't just one mold. Look at the top guys on the attached table. Teams are making all kinds of projections when they're not drafting the TOP dudes. And by most metrics, there is some serious disparity between the stats, and the film, and then the ultimate WR draft values. Troy Franklin had really strong advanced metrics overall (not as much on this chart). Odunze and Nabers, not so much. Worthy actually looks like a stud beyond his straight-line speed. It will therefore be REALLY interesting to see how this WR class acclimates. 

WR separation.jpg

16 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I think we’re going to be at an impasse on this. I think Beane has done the bare minimum to help Josh out with weapons while keeping him content. Table scrap signings of MVS and last chance Hail Marys in claypool are not how you build long term continuity for your superstar QB who is your only chance at winning a Super Bowl. I know Mahomes has won it with an offensive mastermind, the best offensive weapon at TE we’ve ever had in Kelce and a defensive genius who won’t ever get another chance to be a HC. So sure let them do their bare minimum at WR but that’s not how normal teams with franchise QBs operate. Cincy drafts WRs every year for Joe. 3 of the best offensive minds in the league in Mcdaniel, Shanahan and Lafleur consistently find new weapons for their QB early and often. Even the in the trenches former Michigan National Champion HC, Jim Harbaugh drafted 3 WRs for his new franchise QB this year.

Now let’s look at our last 4 years big key free agent signing and also the first 3 rounds of each draft (because that’s where the starters are right?):

2024 - We lose our top 2 WR and had no one behind Shakir worth a damn on the roster at WR. Buffalo selects Coleman in the second round. The next 2 picks…defense. Safety Cole Bishop when there were plenty of cheap options still available in free agency to include the unsigned Justin Simmons. 3rd round we select a rotational DT after signing multiple DTs early in free agency to go along with our starters from last year, Oliver and Jones. No big money free agent signing this off season because of the cap. So end score defense up 2 and helping Josh 1

2023 - This year I have to admit was more Josh help in the draft. Kincaid and Terrence first 2 picks were slam dunks and the D got another LB in Williams. The big free agent signing was a $9 mil contract for Floyd but even with that I’d still make this a win for the offense (even though I was begging to sign Hopkins over Floyd…could’ve used him vs KC). All of the minor free agent moves for scrub WRs (Harty and Sherfield) didn’t work out and is another reason to throw darts in the draft at the position like GB and Cincy does year in and year out. 

2022 - Defense rules the day. Elam and Bernard, first and third with a RB in the 2nd (I hate take RBs early but I’ve conceded that Beane is going to replenish a new RB every year somewhere between round 2 and 4 instead of getting more WRs). Cook has been a nice addition though even if he can’t catch a wide open TD pass to save his life. What was the big free agent addition this offseason? Von Miller 🥳…you’re welcome McD. The signing makes total sense because it’s not like you invested your first 2 picks on pass rushers the year before…Defense killed this offseason 

2021 - Round 1 DE Greg Rousseau, Round 2 DE Boogie Basham, Round 3 OT Spencer Brown. Besides resigning Milano there wasn’t a big money free agent I can find from this offseason. But again pretty obvious defense was the flavor of the offseason. 

The priority is not Josh and it needs to be. 

You left off 2020 - I said last 5 years, the 5 years of Josh's prime where we used a first and a 4th on Diggs.  

How many other teams in the NFL have invested 3 first round picks in receiving weapons in the past 5 years in their QB?  Not to mention help on the OL and RB as well in the first 2 and 3 rounds.  But honestly, how many teams do you think spend 3 first rounders on receiving help for their QB over the past 5 drafts?  

Again, we have been investing plenty into surrounding Josh with help.  No disrespect, but its just not factually accurate that Josh isn't a priority.  Beane has spent a lot of resources (cap and draft picks) on the offense around Josh both in the trenches and as weapons over the past 5 years.  You may not agree with how they invested, but they have been and its clear Josh is a priortiy.

And quite honestly, I think Josh is about to have his best season to date.  But here is what this board will do...they will say "Its all Josh, he is having to do it all" and still won't acknowledge the help around him.  The same people (not saying you per se, just in general) are going to be harping about WR's no matter how many yards or TDs throws.  

They already do it now...Bills are 2nd highest scoring team the last 5 years, Josh averages over 5000 yards and 44 TD's...but its already "All Josh" according to the WR or die crew around here.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, White Linen said:

Completely disagree with the bolded.  Allen was having a massive statistical year under Dorsey.  It wasn't an accountability issue with Allen. 

Dorsey sucked.  He didn't prepare good enough game plans and couldn't make enough in game adjustments.  

Josh is a total stud and also respectful.  I can't stand it when fans act like he needs his hand held or has some kind of psychological issues.  

The team played better when Dorsey left because he was awful.

Disagree.  It is not about Josh needs hand holding;  It is all about the discipline/respect that you maintain that allows you to get to that next level.

If you see 2023 season summer camp videos - you can see Allen goofing and bantering with Dorsey.   While it might help him be relaxed, it also takes the edge off for him to be performing at the next level as it is humans for us to take that relationship for granted.  

I am sure Mahomes is not goofing around with Andy Reid; 

5 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

Oh no not NFL coaches that come into your pub! He’s got great hands, just snatches the ball without hesitation. If not the BEST hands, off the top of my head they’re in the top tier with Polk, Odunze and AD Mitchell. Maybe tell your coaching buddies they need to watch a little closer. Coleman is a natural hands catcher and it’s why he doesn’t have to slow down his routes to make a play on the ball. 

I am not sure about this. Keon is a hands catcher, with late hands, but he had a ton of drops in college.   I watched the "every target" video that someone posted and there were a significant number of flat out drops and then some "should ofs" and some "could haves".  His hands did not appear to me to be great, at all.  

It sounds like 5 of the 6 WR's are pretty much decided. Coleman, Samuel, Shakir, Hollins, and MVS pretty much sound like locks from listening to Beane talk. To me, when talking about the draft, I think Beane and Co. were going to take one of either Legette or Coleman. They traded back with Carolina because they knew at least one of the two would be there. Our pick, obviously, was Coleman. They were good with that from all of their interactions and evaluations. 

Beane sounds like he's still holding out hope that Von returns to the form we saw prior to the ACL. I'm not as optimistic. It also sounds like Epenesa may get his number called a bit more this year. I like Rousseau. The kid is a monster against the run and has positional flexibility. Still, idk if he's ever going to be that 12-15 sack type of DE. After that, a couple of JAGs in Toohill and Smoot. He mentioned Solomon, but then said they're not really sure if he'll contribute this year. As a whole, our DE group is a bit underwhelming. 

When talking about Brady, you could pick up on what caused them to pull the plug on the Dorsey experiment. You could see it as well with Dorsey. He just didn't seem like that leader of men you look for in a coordinator. He also seemed to want to do things his way, and their was no adaptation. Brady seems to be more on Josh's level and can actually lead the offensive group. He also seems to be able to make adjustments on the fly. That's what I took from Beane's comments. 

Beane is always a pretty good interview.