Bills Sign Bucs UFA Safety Dee Delaney

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-address-depth-safety-signing-144037670.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAJyaJD7zq-nUG_zCaWSztbZqTpQ69J70LZg-vZQ0rbATgVZAt0pXTx_9e-ftinKxo2Ybm6FeVh8KuYysOEBZ5Z0YNdwt5jPCjeXgTFcLmDatWrRGClJwH5xvsoapYvKX-U0zUmkzGwAmo6AtSzjMSLrM33gstjeFRrHgF5VVA3RE

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — The Buffalo Bills addressed their depth at safety by signing Dee Delaney to a one-year contract on Thursday.

The 29-year-old Delaney has five seasons of NFL experience, including the past three with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, where he had five starts in 49 appearances. An undrafted free agent out of The Citadel, he broke into the NFL playing two games with Jacksonville in 2018, and spent the next season appearing in one game with Washington.

Delaney joins a Bills team in transition at safety, following the breakup of the Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer starting tandem that had been together since 2017. Poyer was cut in March and has since signed with Miami, while Hyde is unsigned and considering retirement.

Returning backup Taylor Rapp and offseason addition Mike Edwards are projected to take over as starters on a unit that also includes Cole Bishop, who was selected in the second round of the draft last month.

Just now, BontitaBills said:

Wonder if this means no Hyde.  

1 minute ago, BontitaBills said:

Wonder if this means no Hyde.  

IMO not related.  I believe it's just an upgrade over Lewis and Hamlin. 

Mike Edwards
Taylor Rapp
Cole Bishop
Dee Delaney

Cam Lewis

Damar Hamlin 

If Hyde decides he wants to return, he moves into at the very least a rotational role 

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Mike Edwards
Taylor Rapp
Cole Bishop
Dee Delaney

Cam Lewis

Damar Hamlin 

If Hyde decides he wants to return, he moves into at the very least a rotational role 

Did you post this list so we would feel better about the WR group?

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Mike Edwards
Taylor Rapp
Cole Bishop
Dee Delaney

Cam Lewis

Damar Hamlin 

I want Hyde as a backup only.  Personally I would offer the man a coaching position.  Who better to help the young,new safeties?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Sad to say but if the cardiac arrest had never happened to Hamlin I firmly believe he would have already been cut. 

Hes a liability on the field with his play 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 10

9 minutes ago, DJB said:

Sad to say but if the cardiac arrest had never happened to Hamlin I firmly believe he would have already been cut. 

Hes a liability on the field with his play 

Sad but true and everyone knows it including Hamlin IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I want Hyde as a backup only.  Personally I would offer the man a coaching position.  Who better to help the young,new safeties?

Interesting that they signed this guy the same day an article came out saying Hyde will sign only with Buffalo or retire!

They could do that at least for training camp, see how he compares to the others, if not good then cut him.  He's be a help for those 6 weeks or so.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-address-depth-safety-signing-144037670.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAJyaJD7zq-nUG_zCaWSztbZqTpQ69J70LZg-vZQ0rbATgVZAt0pXTx_9e-ftinKxo2Ybm6FeVh8KuYysOEBZ5Z0YNdwt5jPCjeXgTFcLmDatWrRGClJwH5xvsoapYvKX-U0zUmkzGwAmo6AtSzjMSLrM33gstjeFRrHgF5VVA3RE

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — The Buffalo Bills addressed their depth at safety by signing Dee Delaney to a one-year contract on Thursday.

The 29-year-old Delaney has five seasons of NFL experience, including the past three with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, where he had five starts in 49 appearances. An undrafted free agent out of The Citadel, he broke into the NFL playing two games with Jacksonville in 2018, and spent the next season appearing in one game with Washington.

Delaney joins a Bills team in transition at safety, following the breakup of the Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer starting tandem that had been together since 2017. Poyer was cut in March and has since signed with Miami, while Hyde is unsigned and considering retirement.

Returning backup Taylor Rapp and offseason addition Mike Edwards are projected to take over as starters on a unit that also includes Cole Bishop, who was selected in the second round of the draft last month.

No Panther connection. :o

• Haha (+1) 2

Getting the feeling that Hyde is going to sit out as long as he can to save his body, maybe reserve himself for a mid-season signing if the defensive backfield needs a boost for a playoff run...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Getting the feeling that Hyde is going to sit out as long as he can to save his body, maybe reserve himself for a mid-season signing if the defensive backfield needs a boost for a playoff run...

Hope this happens. Makes sense. 

• Agree 2