Harrison Butker…oy vey…what a commencement “speech”

eball

Heh, he is a bonehead for certain.

Though, it's interesting watching people get so emotional and indignant about the comments from someone with zero quan.

That's just like, his opinion, man.

• Like (+1) 1

Buffalo Bills Messageboard:  Harrison Butker is a disgraceful human because he thinks a woman can be happy staying at home and raising her family.

Also Buffalo Bills Messageboard:  That teacher who molested those teenage boys is hot as hell.

Save the outrage fellas.  Your not as good a person as you think you are.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

For someone that is such a bible thumper, it is odd that he primarily works on the Sabbath.  Must be one of the inconvenient parts of the bible that isn't supposed to be taken literally.  

I hate to break it to you but Sunday isn't the Sabbath 

It's the Lord's day which is completely different... And yes I have talked to a priest about it

The Sabbath is and has always been Saturday... 

Sunday is the Lord's day which early Christians used to differentiate from the Jews

Edited by Buffalo716

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

For someone that is such a bible thumper, it is odd that he primarily works on the Sabbath.  Must be one of the inconvenient parts of the bible that isn't supposed to be taken literally.  

He's also ignoring Leviticus 11:7-8 and becoming unclean by touching the skin of a dead pig - that's the main tool of his job! I think his uniform is also of mixed fabrics - Nylon jersey with a a cotton neck so I think he my burn in a lake a fire... 

Edited by The Avenger
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

Just now, The Avenger said:

He's also ignoring Leviticus 11:7-8 and becoming unclean by touching the skin of a dead pig - that's the mail tool of his job! I think his uniform is also of mixed fabrics - Nylon jersey with a a cotton neck so I think he my burn in a lake a fire... 

Christians aren't required to follow Leviticus lol

Even though I know your joking 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

So what you are saying is that he is not allowed to practice or play on Saturday, but Sunday is cool? 

Well let's put it this way 

The earliest Christians were Jews... We do have some similar methods of practicing including choosing a day of rest dedicated to God 

The Jews day of rest is strictly the Sabbath... Saturday 

Catholics/ early Christians started using Sunday as the Lord's day to differentiate 

It doesn't mean the Sabbath is Sunday for Christians it still is Saturday... But since the early Christians were Jews ethnically they still wanted a day of rest and dedication 

So Sunday is the Lord's Day according to the church... Yet if you talk to a priest... Sometimes Sunday is just don't work for some people because they might have a schedule that makes them work 

So say you're free Wednesday... And you go to church every Wednesday and you dedicate that as your day of rest and dedication 

The church is okay with that... It doesn't make Wednesday the Lord's Day either.. but it's the Lord's Day to you

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

A Catholic person at a gathering of Catholic individuals gave a speech where he/she/they promoted the values of living as a Catholic.

Now replace the word "Catholic" with the name of any other social/political identity or class and let me know if its still something to be "outraged and offended" about. 

Always amazes me how in the modern world where literally everything is looked at through the prism of extreme dogma, the group that basically invented the damned word is the only one thats denounced for practicing it. 

Edited by RkFast
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Fleezoid said:

What an inspiring commencement speech!

In summary: "The world you're entering is a pile of crap!"

While on vacation last week we drove past the church where my older sister (by 8 years) got married. I remember two things about that day.  Fr Timlin basically asked “why bother?”, because everyone ends up divorced anyway.  The other thing was my sister’s old college friend skinny dipping at the beach behind the Hilton Head Inn after the reception. I liked her spirit, among other things! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Avenger said:

Funny how they always pull out Leviticus to condemn gay people though...

I hate to drop this on ya, but youre going to be very hard pressed to find a religion that doesnt have something to say and explicit rules about the respective roles of men and women with regard to families, procreation, etc. 

5 hours ago, The Avenger said:

Funny how they always pull out Leviticus to condemn gay people though...

It’s also in Corinthians which Christian’s “should “ live by. God gave everyone free will to live how they want. He wants you to serve him because you love him not because you are forced to.

• Like (+1) 2