Marquez Valdes-Scantling meeting with the Bills (UPDATE: Signed)

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

The battle for target #4 will be a good one at least! 

We seem plenty deep at WR3 and WR4. It’s WR1 and WR2 I’m worried about. I know that there’s not much to be done at this point, but it’s a rough place to be. 

• Like (+1) 2

Poor guy is going to get stuck rocking 82, literally every other WR number is gone. 

Just now, BarleyNY said:

We seem plenty deep at WR3 and WR4. It’s WR1 and WR2 I’m worried about. I know that there’s not much to be done at this point, but it’s a rough place to be. 

WR1 Curtis - who will probably be target number 2 or 3

WR2 Coleman - who will probably be target number 3 or 4

11 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Not to mention he had a TD catch in the Superbowl.

No doubt his season was mired with drops but when it mattered he came through for them.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Anyone who says that Beane hasn't tried to help Josh this offseason needs to stop trolling the board. While I'm not the biggest MVS fan he definitely is improved depth to what had previously. He could be a good #3/4 WR with speed on the outside. 

We won't really know the answer until the season starts but on face value alone this wasn't the off-season the Bills fans wanted for our offense. 

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Double dipping for who?  Give me a name.

Come on man. I'm not rehashing an entire offseason of discussion. If you're just catching up to the draft  now that's fine. The rest of us have been talking about the players we didn't take for weeks now.

12 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

And OJ is a 3rd or 4th option at this point and isn’t that fast anymore.

He would step in and immediately be the best WR on the Bills today IMO. Top 2 at worst. If you watch that video I don't think you can reasonably disagree.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I think we need to quit getting so worked up about the numbering of WRs and look at performance.

Just now, HappyDays said:

Come on man. I'm not rehashing an entire offseason of discussion. If you're just catching up to the draft  now that's fine. The rest of us have been talking about the players we didn't take for weeks now.

He would step in and immediately be the best WR on the Bills today IMO. Top 2 at worst. If you watch that video I don't think you can reasonably disagree.

Nope.  Sorry. A lot of people talked about double dipping but names are rare when push comes to shove.  

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Gtd $ 1.2 vs 3

bonus up to 4.5 vs up to 8.25

almost the same = over twice as much?

?

MVS is getting a $1.125M signing bonus (guaranteed). We don't know the actual contract details yet. His base salary might push it to $2M, that's what I would guess actually.

OBJ is getting $3M. The "max value" doesn't really matter at all. Those are just fun numbers for agents to flex their muscles.

So we're talking about maybe a $1M-$1.5M difference between the two players. Yeah I would classify that as "almost the same."

6 minutes ago, Magox said:

Not to mention he had a TD catch in the Superbowl.

No doubt his season was mired with drops but when it mattered he came through for them.

He had 3 drops this season. 

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Bills have a couple 2s and a lot of depth at number 3 and 4. Im guessing we become more TE centric and Kincaid will be the number 1 receiver going forward 

Safe bet! 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We can’t go back and change their top 3 WRs. They have chosen Samuel, Shakir, and Coleman.

OBJ wasn’t coming here to sit behind them. There is a huge difference. They aren’t looking for an older veteran to come in and start over their younger players. They want someone behind those players with starting experience but won’t block their snaps.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

I generally like Beane's moves... even when he makes misses.  I see what he is trying to do.  HOWEVER, on this one... I think this is a waste of time and resources.  He has had some locker room issues (I thought).  Although, McBeane will cut him so fast if he is a jerk or is a locker room issue.

4 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Bills have a couple 2s and a lot of depth at number 3 and 4. Im guessing we become more TE centric and Kincaid will be the number 1 receiver going forward 

This is the vision I see as well.

Kincaid as the 1.

Cook & Davis used more in the passing game under Brady.

Coleman, Shakir, Samuel & MVS all WR2/WR3's around Kincaid. 

Knox playing the traditional TE role. 

13 hours ago, appoo said:

They in fact have 2.5 now as all 3 of Samuel, Keon Coleman, and Khalil Shakir will stretch the field in different ways. But Shakir is so good in his first 15 yards the Bills likely won't ask him to run too many deep stuff. But if they do...

I could watch this play 1000X and it never gets old. We are so lucky to have Allen.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

This is the vision I see as well.

Kincaid as the 1.

Cook & Davis used more in the passing game under Brady.

Coleman, Shakir, Samuel & MVS all WR2/WR3's around Kincaid. 

Knox playing the traditional TE role. 

Thats their plan. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

If nothing else, he’s a vet that’s been around enough to know the ropes.  Decent depth, at this point we just have to hope he isn’t the #2.

For this cost and experience he is a great depth player that is better than sherifeld, Harty, and whoever else we have been throwing out at 4/5, maybe even 3 last year if you put diggs at 3 (where he finished the season). 

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

OBJ is a punk ass B word. We don't need him when he's worse than Diggs. 

• Thank you (+1) 1