Buffalo Bills Schedule Discussion / Prediction Thread

42 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

that is why it is likely.  The Bills Lions are two teams fans care about.  Houston and Dallas also and especially with the Diggs brother scenario on turkey day.  Dallas plays washington seemingly every third year on turkey day.  If the bills don't play in detroit Green Bay Detroit would be the other likely option.

Bills-lions, Texans at Cowboys then the following thursday Bills at Houston makes a lot of sense to me.

I'm only predicting Thursday vs NE as TNF tended to be divisional games. But that works too

We always say it' s a tough schedule. And it usually is. There are a lot of good teams now - especially in the division and conference.

All kinds of weird stuff usually happens. Some of the games that look easy aren't, and some of the hard ones go the other route.  

It's hard to win in the NFL. But we've been doing it more than most teams, and I expect that to continue.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

We should have gone there on Monday or Tuesday so the entire team could have had fun experiences seeing the city and acclimating their bodies to time change, etc

instead the "sports science" guys wanted a Red eye on Thurs-Fri.......

is it a coincidence that Milano and DaQuan both suffered bad injuries?  Maybe.

But, the team was NOT ready to play and IMO it was the scheduling aspect from the team that caused it 

Maybe. If I recall the very next week, the visiting team flew there the same day as the Bills and won in London. Do I think they should’ve gone earlier….yes. Did the trip ruin the Bills season….no. 

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Maybe. If I recall the very next week, the visiting team flew there the same day as the Bills and won in London. Do I think they should’ve gone earlier….yes. Did the trip ruin the Bills season….no. 

Forgets Matt Milano breaks his leg vs Jacksonville. Definitely affected the remainder of the season 

12 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

image.thumb.png.9f40a064f8d63a8ca8b236f9d0beb4f7.png

image.thumb.png.da5247bddc760f7b73c53c323293fcd8.png

The Schedule is likely being officially released this Thursday May 9th, unless the league pushes the date.

What is our Opener?
What Prime Time Games do you expect?

I'll guess we open @ INDY 1PM

Prime Time:

@ HOU   MNF

@ BAL    SNF

vs  MIA   Thanksgiving Night
vs  SF     MNF 
vs  KC    SNF

open @ HOU SNF

1 MNF vs Jets late Sep

1 SNF vs Fins early Oct then @ MIA last 2 weeks of season

vs SF SNF or Black Friday/Christmas type game

@ NE Thursday early DEC which screws us because this past the byes

@ DET SNF Oct

Bills/Chiefs gets protected by CBS again so it is a 4:25 game

we get 6 primetime or 5 and a flex which will become primetime

6 4:25 starts (AZ, RAMS, SEA, KC, maybe BAL and Jags) and 5 1:00 starts

sorry 1:00 pm fans- the Bills are must see TV until Josh retires

We got the most Prime Time games last year (seven including the flexed in Fins game) so they'll pry give us either four or five this year at the most.  It would be six if we drafted a WR who could actually separate.  Here's my prediction just on times.

1pm games - Titans (season opener), Jaguars, Cardinals, Patriots, @Colts, @Patriots, @Jets (last weekend).

4pm games - @Seahawks, @Cardinals

4:25pm games (national) - @Ravens, 49ers, Jets

Prime Time - Chiefs, Fish, @Texans, @Lions

XMas day - @Fish

14 hours ago, Monty98 said:

Bye weeks, but I get it, I just think Buffalo Detroit makes too much sense on Thanksgiving, plus you could do the NE VS. BUF Thursday night the week before 

Don't forget "Black Friday" as the only game being played that day. Bills vs Chiefs would be a good spot for this if the league wants Buffalo to have a primetime game on Thanksgiving weekend.

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

We got the most Prime Time games last year (seven including the flexed in Fins game) so they'll pry give us either four or five this year at the most.  It would be six if we drafted a WR who could actually separate.  Here's my prediction just on times.

1pm games - Titans (season opener), Jaguars, Cardinals, Patriots, @Colts, @Patriots, @Jets (last weekend).

4pm games - @Seahawks, @Cardinals

4:25pm games (national) - @Ravens, 49ers, Jets

Prime Time - Chiefs, Fish, @Texans, @Lions

XMas day - @Fish

I didn’t know the Bills played the Cardinals twice in one season. 😁

Posted (edited)

Im so confused. When is schedule release? Why is it so hard for the nfl to schedule the schedule release? Maybe they can make a fan event day of scheduling the scheduling of schedule release day 

Edited by Bills!Win!
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Monty98 said:

Forgets Matt Milano breaks his leg vs Jacksonville. Definitely affected the remainder of the season 

And that happened because he was in London? The Bills went on to have a very good season, including finally getting the Chiefs at home in the playoffs, a full three months after returning from the UK. They just didn’t finish…again. 

15 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Growing up in the Adirondacks 80s/90s  I had little to zero Bills coverage other than Shout! magazine (which always came a week late) and whatever I'd cut out of the school library newspaper and bring home with me so I could read it 5 times through.  That's how it all started for me with this team!

My fandom started because of the 1990 Bills team. When I would go to my grandparents he had the 1990 Bills Yearbook, watched that thing 24/7. He also had on tape a replay of the comeback game. Everything built from there. I remember back in the non electronic ticket days going downtown to a ticket office and my dad grabbing tickets for a game mid 90s.

My first playoff game I ever got to go to was the 2023 game vs Miami. I legit cried a little during kickoff just thinking about the family connection and the fact I finally got to see a game in person. It was fun haha

• Awesome! (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Im so confused. When is schedule release? Why is it so hard for the nfl to schedule the schedule release? Maybe they can make a fan event day of scheduling the scheduling of schedule release day 

So the NFL runs through 100,000+ schedules until apparently there is one that makes the mold. In prior years it was literally ready like 2-3 days before Thursday so it is a narrow time frame. I think because of the draft this year and the QBs drafted etc.. it through things for a loop with 6 first round QBs.

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 8:28 AM, Beast said:

They open with a 9 game roadie and close the season at home.

No you didn’t 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

And that happened because he was in London? The Bills went on to have a very good season, including finally getting the Chiefs at home in the playoffs, a full three months after returning from the UK. They just didn’t finish…again. 

When Matt went down, I said no Lombardi.  We did pretty good though.

Edited by Ga boy
Spelling
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Seems we say this every year though.

We really do. The like last time I think we looked at the schedule and said ok there is opportunity was 2019. That year setup so well if the Bills were able to beat the Jets to get in. 2020 I distinctly remember everyone saying we should win the division but the lineup of opponents was super tough... and then they went 13-3.

• Like (+1) 1

I want the Patriots at 1pm to open the season.  Likely a rookie QB starting, in Buffalo.  I think that lines up for an easy win and starts things off right.  We have plenty of BIG games and will have plenty of primetime games.  But let that first one be a 1pm Sunday kick vs New England 

• Like (+1) 3