Add 2 Bills draught players in their prime, and add to 2024 Bills roster

Pete

9 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Choosing TO feels like a cheat given his end of career sole season in Buffalo, but it has to be him and Mario Williams if talking players in their primes 

Yep, TO is a top 5 WR all-time. He is 3rd all-time in receiving yards and 3rd all-time in receiving TDs. WR is obviously the Bills biggest need. If it is “any guy in their prime” he’s obvious.

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)

Moulds doesnt count. Sorry to all the wishful thinkers (I want to choose him too). from his wiki:

In the playoffs, Moulds had an NFL playoff record 240 receiving yards against the Miami Dolphins,

Tough to be a "drought era player" AND hold playoff records.  🤷‍♂️

TO

Mario

If it's pure Bills then Lee Evans and Schobel.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Choosing TO feels like a cheat given his end of career sole season in Buffalo, but it has to be him and Mario Williams if talking players in their primes 

Maybe so but he has a record that can only be tied and never beat. TO was on the receiving end of a 99 yard TD pass from the magic one.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Pete said:

Eric Moulds

Ted Washington 

I'm not sure Washington would be my second choice, but Moulds would be my first.   

I once went to war as a soldier where folks tried to kill me, but I've spent most of my life in peaceful places.  Do I not count as a combat veteran?  Moulds spent six good years of his career in the drought.  As far as I'm concerned, he's a drought veteran.    

By the same logic, sort of, I eliminated TO from consideration.  Moulds fought against the drought with something like 500 receptions in drought years.  TO was more like a war correspondent just passing through with something like 50 receptions.  

Edited by hondo in seattle

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

Since it said "in their primes"

Mario Williams

Terrell Owens

Both top players in their primes, a pass rusher and a #1 WR, just what this team needs.

Good catch and agreed. I would swap Lee Evans for TO. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I'm not sure Washington would be my second choice, but Moulds would be my first.   

I once went to war as a soldier where folks tried to kill me, but I've spent most of my life in peaceful places.  Do I not count as a combat veteran?  Moulds spent six good years of his career in the drought.  As far as I'm concerned, he's a drought veteran.    

You kinda argued against your own logic.

Moulds was in combat/playoffs his first few seasons but then spent 6 seasons in the peaceful drought. Does he not count as a combat veteran?

9 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Good catch and agreed. I would swap Lee Evans for TO. 

Based on what? This isn’t just directed at you but I’m trying to understand how TO isn’t on every list. He’s 3rd all-time in yards (ahead of Randy Moss) and TDs.

Anyone that doesn’t have TO I’d love to hear the reasoning (other than he was with the Bills for 1 year and wasn’t great here).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Based on what? This isn’t just directed at you but I’m trying to understand how TO isn’t on every list. He’s 3rd all-time in yards (ahead of Randy Moss) and TDs.

Anyone that doesn’t have TO I’d love to hear the reasoning (other than he was with the Bills for 1 year and wasn’t great here).

I think there is more debate to be had here around the interpretation of the rules and criteria than there is over which players we'd choose.

It's almost all down to

Moulds

TO

Lee Evans

Mario

Shobel

Kyle

Now it's just a matter of what the meaning of the word "is" is...

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You kinda argued against your own logic.

Moulds was in combat/playoffs his first few seasons but then spent 6 seasons in the peaceful drought. Does he not count as a combat veteran?

My position is more emotional than logical.  Moulds played a lot of good ball for us during the drought.  He may be the best player of the Early Drought Period.  I want to give him credit.  

Similarly, even though Kyle Williams did finally experience a playoff game, I give him credit for being a drought veteran.  

2 hours ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

Tough call, but I feel like Josh has proven he’s going to score points regardless of the role players, so I’d focus on players to help us stop other teams.

Clements

Byrd

Honorable mention for Pat Williams and London Fletcher

They also played on the team during the drought, no?

They did but it's not the generally accepted idea of who was a drought player. I think most people think it is a Bills player that never played a playoff game for the Bills.

Posted (edited)

Aaron Schobel and Lee Evans.  Kyle Williams broke it.  Eric Moulds was pre drought.  Biggest holes on the roster.  A guy who can get a sack and a deep threat. 

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He's obviously a HOF talent but he wasn't when he was with the Bills.

I guess I took the question as who from those teams would you want now. Well I would not want the Bills' version of TO over a guy like Evans or even Johnson.

I would still want the heart and soul that was Fred Jackson.  He would be lethal paired with Cook.

I understand Kyle but we already have a good DT. We need an edge rusher.  I chose Schobel as he is my number 1 underrated Bill of all time. That said peak Mario Williams was better than Schobel ever was. I'd be happy with either playing edge for us now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I had Lee Evans in my original choices and would swap him out for TO