Buffalo Bills Embedded: (Pre Draft) Exclusives with Khalil Shakir, Terrel Bernard & GM Brandon Beane

Good episode.

Glad to see Moulds staying active. Shakir working with him can only pay dividends. He seems like a good kid. Very hard working and likable. Have to lose a tad bit of respect over the way he likes his steak...but he seems to have married well.

His wife was the star of the show. Makes dad jokes and isn't afraid to grill? How that translates to year 3 development remains to be seen. Well done, Khalil. 

• Haha (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I love that QB17 does all the drills everyone else is doing. Something to be said for that. I am not sure how many QBs on his level participate in all these agility drills and things. 

• Agree 2

30 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Good episode.

Glad to see Moulds staying active. Shakir working with him can only pay dividends. He seems like a good kid. Very hard working and likable. Have to lose a tad bit of respect over the way he likes his steak...but he seems to have married well.

His wife was the star of the show. Makes dad jokes and isn't afraid to grill? How that translates to year 3 development remains to be seen. Well done, Khalil. 

Agreed, gotta go medium with a little blood steak wise.  I do hope he can talk Coleman into working with Moulds.  I also think Shakir is going to turn some heads this year.

• Agree 1

In the most polite way I can possibly say this...and there's probably NOT a polite way...

I was trying to pick between Shakir's wife and Bernard's wife and I just couldn't.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Good episode.

32 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Loved that Khalil was working out with Eric Moulds

Shakir has always been working with Moulds since early on.  This wasn't a new thing this season if you didn't already know that.  He's been putting in the work to be the best he can be and we have just seen the beginning with him, this kid (like I said in my thread about him) is about to arrive here in a bigger way than people think.  

• Like (+1) 3

I just watched it. Look Shakir is a good dude and I appreciate how hard he is working to be better..... but all through his workout I was just thinking "man how short are that dude's arms?" He must have someone tie his laces for him. 

• Eyeroll 1

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I just watched it. Look Shakir is a good dude and I appreciate how hard he is working to be better..... but all through his workout I was just thinking "man how short are that dude's arms?" He must have someone tie his laces for him. 

I'm ashamed to admit my first thought was the same. When he's got his arms up while seated on a bench in the weight rack. Looking in shape but not possessing the arm length of a 6' man. 

2 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I'm ashamed to admit my first thought was the same. When he's got his arms up while seated on a bench in the weight rack. Looking in shape but not possessing the arm length of a 6' man. 

It was while he was explaining why he trains without gloves on for me. And once I saw them I couldn't unsee them. It was like "why has this grown man borrowed his arms off a 14 year old boy?"

Posted (edited)
On 4/29/2024 at 11:53 AM, Warcodered said:

It's a fun watch. Terrel Bernard's High School Coach is GOLD! This man has developed and influenced men for a long time—an outstanding role model.

Edited by CSBill

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He is a good dude.  He does have short arms.  He is productive.  Not only leading the league in catch % by a WIDE margin, his average yards per reception was also higher than most on the list. https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/2023-nfl-contested-catch-rate-leaders-wr  

will he replicate those numbers?  No chance, but he’s shown he can catch the ball at a very high level- even with those alligator arms. 

On 4/29/2024 at 1:04 PM, SoonerBillsFan said:

Agreed, gotta go medium with a little blood steak wise.  I do hope he can talk Coleman into working with Moulds.  I also think Shakir is going to turn some heads this year.

Side note, that's not blood...it's myoglobin.

• Like (+1) 1

It will be really interesting watching Shakir and Bernard step into leadership roles. They look like great guys. They work hard and focus on football. Looks like they aren't out there partying at all, which is great.