This Will Be The Make Or Break Year For This Regime

H2o

1 hour ago, VW82 said:

Huh? We hardly wasted any years with Jim as a top 2 QB (if he ever was that...Marino, Elway, Aikman, Montana, Young, Favre). 

Our defense was ranked 4th, 2nd, and 1st the last three years. We had one of the top wideouts in the game. We had home field and the ball in this last one. Just because we've repeatedly fallen short vs. KC, that doesn't make them wasted years. Josh came up short this last time. Is he a wasted player too? 

I don't think history will look back kindly on the last 4 years of the Bills, just as we don't look back kindly on the 2012-2015 Colts.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, H2o said:

We have all seen how things unfolded the last few years. A dismantling in the AFC Championship game by KC, 13 Seconds, the flop against Cincy, and then the recreation of Wide Right. McDermott has had friction with multiple coaches because he can't stop meddling. We've had 3 OC's the last 3 years. Frazier was sent packing, McDermott officially took over the defense, and now Babich is going to be "running" things. We've had some questionable draft choices when there seemed to be better options at the time, usually involving selecting defensive players. Now, because of the way they tried to build this squad, and the unnecessary drama, we are in what Beane calls a "transition" phase. 

People love to talk about 2017, how we handed KC Mahomes. Beane wasn't here for that though. It was strictly a McDermott draft based off of the work Whaley and his scouts had done. That draft brought us White, Dawkins, and Milano. If not for the injuries that have derailed White's career, we could talk about the entire situation in a different manner. You can't deny that, right now, Mahomes is on his way to staking a claim at GOAT status. It is what it is. Now fast forward to 2024. Knowing what Allen needed, what this team needed, they traded with KC. With the situation that has unfolded with Rashee Rice, you have to believe KC was looking at WR. They take the WR with the fastest recorded 40 of all time. Me, personally, Worthy doesn't scare me. Yes, he's fast. But he has had some drops and the guy is lighter than my 16 year old at 165lbs. Let him get out there to get squared up by some of these LB's and S's who outweigh him by 30lbs-70lbs. I just don't think he's built to last in this league. I don't see him as Tyreek Hill 2.0 at all. Tyreek is 25lbs heavier than him and is a 4.2 guy in pads, as well as on the track. Still, if I am wrong, the Bills FO just handed KC a guy who will give us fits for years to come. It will be another black eye on this organization from something McDermott, and this time Beane, had hands in. 

The "run it back" mentality has bit them this time. Because we were so close in the 13 seconds game, they developed this "run it back" type of mentality. Sure, we changed a player here or there, but many of the pieces have been the same squad since then. The weight is always, squarely, on Josh's shoulders. People try to use KC as a comparison and say look at what they were able to achieve without big name WR's, or whatever else. Well, KC has Mahomes, Andy Reid scheming the offense for Mahomes (probably THE largest difference), one of the greatest TE's ever to play the game, has typically had a top tier OL, a REALLY good defense littered with talent across the board, and a DC in Spagnuolo who has been a part of 4 SB winning defenses. Gabe never developed, Edmunds never developed, Von's knee, Poyer got old, Hyde's neck injury, White constantly on IR, constantly cycling out JAG's to fill holes, constantly rolling with meh WR's (outside of Diggs, who became more trouble than he was worth), keeping together a middling OL because Josh makes them look better than they actually are, defensive instability, and have changed the guy calling the offense out 3 times in 3 years. Now, on top of that, we find ourselves in Cap purgatory and still no closer to the goal we wish to achieve. 

Going into the 2024 draft, a blind man could see Josh needed weapons on the outside. We had big shoes to fill in Diggs and we needed an upgrade on what Gabe Davis was in this offense. Shakir has shown promise, but he's primarily been used in the Slot. We signed Curtis Samuel, who has primarily been a Slot guy as well. After that we were left with a bunch of JAG's we already had. In the best WR class in at least 10 years, we come away with one WR. I'm not counting the camp fodder UDFA's. We drafted ONE guy. Opinions vary on that one guy. He is truly a boundary WR though. Still, you would have thought this team would have doubled up on boundary guys for the sake of giving their generational talent QB more to work with. Instead they throw all their eggs in one basket by going Safety, DT, and RB with their next 3 selections. Kirby mentioned it in another thread, and I have to concur, that this team looks to have a bottom 5 WR group right now. Until proven otherwise on the field, it is what it is. I think it is a failure, as well as a disservice to JA17, to only have come away with one WR out of this class. This doesn't mean I hate our draft, or grade it an F. I just think it's par for the course we've already seen from this regime, a course that has always seen us come up short.

In the end, I think this year will be the make or break for both Beane and McDermott. To continue to do things the same way and expect different results is madness. If the players they drafted become a foundational youth movement, if you can see the results on the field as to what they were drafted for, if Samuel, Shakir, and Coleman make for a dangerous group, if we can transition on the fly like KC did a couple years ago, and if we didn't just make the KC offense unstoppable again, then they'll be around for a while. But there are A LOT of "if's" in that statement. At some point you have to pull the plug if it's not getting you any closer to what should be the goal of every franchise in professional sports, a championship. We shall see. 

I can agree with the best WR class in 10 years to the point of we should have done better in the draft and/or a trade. Beane did allude to having various ways to accumulate players before the start of the season so at this point I have no choice but to give him the benefit of a doubt. Looking back there’s 2 things that stand out to me about Beane. The first one is he has a tendency to shock people with his decisions/moves, whether it be in the positive way or a negative way. It seems like he’s trying to be ultra slick but sometimes it’s just best to play the hand your dealt and just take good players that fall to you. The second thing is outside of Diggs It appears to me that Beane doesn’t value the WR position very highly, with that being said I think the same could be said about the RB position as well. He’s always using later draft picks than one would like on them and/or trading/signing 2nd-3rd tier players at these positions. I think he relies way too much on Josh’s greatness. When is he gonna just go all in at these positions to help #17??! It’s redundant to keep on using most of our 1st and 2nd rd picks for the DL that isn’t really all that special. 

• Like (+1) 1

I like what Beane did in the draft, particularly his avoidance of mortgaging the farm to chase a replacement for Diggs. KC has shown they can win without Hill. It might take more than one player to replace Diggs' production but it will be replaced. Don't think for a minute Josh didn't OK letting Diggs loose.

When you win double digit games every year your a draft expectations need to align with the reality of picking late. The way we drafted makes me think we are building a good scouting room and an organization versus throwing paycheques around. I don't expect Coleman to be Diggs 2.0 but I think he will be our Mike Evans. 

The changes in coordinators gave the appearance of turmoil and instability but they turned out the be the right moves judging by results. I am sold after going from 6-6 to 11-6. 

We are closer to the top with Beane-McDermott that the middle or the bottom. I thought catching the Chiefs on a Superbowl hangover last year was our chance but the threepeat is as big a mountain to climb as the perfect season and I'll enjoy watching our Bills spoil the party. 

• Like (+1) 1

Wishful thinking that it's make or break. They've clearly planned out a multi-year rebuild here and you don't do that without a blessing from management. I think as long as there isn't a scandal, they could win 6 or 7 games and still keep their jobs.

6 hours ago, T master said:

I don't get it yall are like the never Trumper's ! No matter how good it could be your going to B**CH about it with out even giving it a chance to see how it might be . It's to bad we can't excommunicate some fans .

Well, we "gave it a chance", and it was even worse than we told you it would be.

• Dislike 1

10 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

You lose all credibility in the 2nd sentence of this long post: "dismantling of the Bills", "the 13 second game" and 'best' of all, "the recreation of wide right".

Don't let your love of McD get in the way of your objectivity!!

2nd best line: "3 OC's in three years" 

One became a head coach--should he have turned it down just to stay with McD and the Bills? McD then fired Dorsey because he was incompetent and the made the Bills look like a 2nd rate offense that could not score in the first half and regressed rather than improved.  Should McD have let that mess fester more? The only game the Bills lost after Brady took over was an overtime game in which they scored 34 points.  Yet, you lump that in, along with the comical "recreation of wide right", the most negative seminal moment in Bills' history, clearly showing your post is just an irrational diatribe, filled with extremely irrational hate.

Just throwing a bunch of nonsense against the wall, and, yeah, it will stick to the brains of the tiny percentage of like minded Bills' 'fans' on this site. But the vast majority will react to those lines and this post in the same way I did.

The draft, with 100% unproven players in every pick, for every team, is the perfect place for the haters, of course.

I'm not looking for your affirmation, so :thumbsup:

The Chiefs did dismantle us in that AFCCG appearance. Even though it was close at halftime, you KNEW which way it was going to go. They dominated from start to finish. They had Allen so frustrated he was chucking the ball at people while on the ground. 

The 13 Second game was the next colossal flop by a McDermott led squad. It is one of THE biggest flops in Playoff history. To deny that is to live in delusion. 

I like how you mention nothing about how we were completely dominated by the Bengals. Out coached, out played, and ran out of our own house. 

Did we not just lose by a FG attempt that went wide right? Yes, yes we did. The difference this time? It was to our arch nemesis at home in the Divisional Round, and not in the SB. And our defense couldn't stop a nose bleed that game. Nothing McDermott schemed really worked, at all. We were only in the game because of Josh and the Hardman fumble at the goal line. 

Have we not had 3 OC's on 3 years? Yes, yes we have. I know Daboll got a HC job. There were many people at the time who said they would have rather kept Daboll than McDermott. That we should have made Daboll HC. The relationship he and Josh has been the biggest difference in what we have seen from this offense the last couple of years. The mention of the 3 OC's is talking about the constant change, and instability in that room. Josh is a generational talent, yes, and could probably run an offense himself at this point. Still, I hope Brady is the guy who brings stability and innovation back to that room for everyone else. We shall see. 

I'm not throwing crap at the wall. I'm speaking the truth. I believe this entire off-season is going to make or break this regime. If the guys we drafted don't look like any of them are going to be impact players, if Worthy becomes a monster in the KC offense, if our WR group ends up as bad as it looks in comparison to the rest of the NFL right now, if Coleman flops, if we are a middling team that ends up 3rd in the division while missing the Playoffs, if other WR's we passed on look good on the field for their respective teams, then this regime's seats will probably be blazing hot in 2025. It will put on full display the questionable choices they have made, as well as everything prior ending back under the microscope, and the talk will be how they are wasting Allen's prime years. And that's  IF things play out on the wrong side of the "if's" just like I said before. 

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Their employment with the Bills is totally Josh Allen's call at this point.

I'm sure many other front offices are consulting with Josh too, a man for all seasons - QB, coach, GM owner, OC....hopefully this posted in jest!

16 minutes ago, H2o said:

I'm not looking for your affirmation, so :thumbsup:

The Chiefs did dismantle us in that AFCCG appearance. Even though it was close at halftime, you KNEW which way it was going to go. They dominated from start to finish. They had Allen so frustrated he was chucking the ball at people while on the ground. 

The 13 Second game was the next colossal flop by a McDermott led squad. It is one of THE biggest flops in Playoff history. To deny that is to live in delusion. 

I like how you mention nothing about how we were completely dominated by the Bengals. Out coached, out played, and ran out of our own house. 

Did we not just lose by a FG attempt that went wide right? Yes, yes we did. The difference this time? It was to our arch nemesis at home in the Divisional Round, and not in the SB. And our defense couldn't stop a nose bleed that game. Nothing McDermott schemed really worked, at all. We were only in the game because of Josh and the Hardman fumble at the goal line. 

Have we not had 3 OC's on 3 years? Yes, yes we have. I know Daboll got a HC job. There were many people at the time who said they would have rather kept Daboll than McDermott. That we should have made Daboll HC. The relationship he and Josh has been the biggest difference in what we have seen from this offense the last couple of years. The mention of the 3 OC's is talking about the constant change, and instability in that room. Josh is a generational talent, yes, and could probably run an offense himself at this point. Still, I hope Brady is the guy who brings stability and innovation back to that room for everyone else. We shall see. 

I'm not throwing crap at the wall. I'm speaking the truth. I believe this entire off-season is going to make or break this regime. If the guys we drafted don't look like any of them are going to be impact players, if Worthy becomes a monster in the KC offense, if our WR group ends up as bad as it looks in comparison to the rest of the NFL right now, if Coleman flops, if we are a middling team that ends up 3rd in the division while missing the Playoffs, if other WR's we passed on look good on the field for their respective teams, then this regime's seats will probably be blazing hot in 2025. It will put on full display the questionable choices they have made, as well as everything prior ending back under the microscope, and the talk will be how they are wasting Allen's prime years. And that's  IF things play out on the wrong side of the "if's" just like I said before. 

Fire everybody and cx the 2024 season!

• Haha (+1) 1

Book a flight to someone place nice for Jan 20th; we aren’t making it past the divisional round. Someone people are ok with that ceiling; other are not. Just enjoy the vacation.

10 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

All fans want their team to be champions. However, most don't need it in order to feel personally fulfilled.

You're not involved with the team. Their failures are not your failures, just as their accomplishments are not your accomplishments. 

That's the weird dynamic with fandom that some people get hung up on and it affects their emotions to an unhealthy degree.

So, you?, a guy who has 17k+ posts, is lecturing me, a guy with 6k+ posts about some weird dynamic of emotional over attachments and fixation on the Bills and their success?

How about posting the same comment on some of the clear LAMP posts that are pie in the sky, head in the sand positive about us “winning it all this year” or “ Shakir is gonna be great, I guarantee it”

Maybe, just maybe, it’s a reflection on posters of your ilk and your need to maintain the safety of the status quo even when it is demonstrably and repeatedly failing.

I don’t get into it with posters on here Goat as I actually have a lot of other worthwhile things in my life to persue and enjoy. This makes me an outlier compared to many of the daily, weekly, monthly and yearly posters.

I called my shot for all to see. Been watching this team since 9/7/80. I’ve seen enough to know Always the Bridesmaid territory. Two weeks ago it got me labeled LAMP and moved to off the wall by a Chicken$#|+ Mod who didn’t have the courtesy to even message me. 
    Looks like many are finally agreeing: It’s a rebuild, We probably are taking a step back this year, the first Window is closed and the second most likely can open next year….. now for the Fait accompli …… McD or McBeane get canned and a bunch of you will have to admit that some of us where actually ahead of you, whether WE liked the situation or not. Like the car I’m sitting here waiting to be serviced, not sure when it happens but it will happen, Sans SB.

Just want to win one while we have Josh😘

PS: This wasn’t just for you Brother Goat .

Edited by Buffalo Boy

21 hours ago, H2o said:

We have all seen how things unfolded the last few years. A dismantling in the AFC Championship game by KC, 13 Seconds, the flop against Cincy, and then the recreation of Wide Right. McDermott has had friction with multiple coaches because he can't stop meddling. We've had 3 OC's the last 3 years. Frazier was sent packing, McDermott officially took over the defense, and now Babich is going to be "running" things. We've had some questionable draft choices when there seemed to be better options at the time, usually involving selecting defensive players. Now, because of the way they tried to build this squad, and the unnecessary drama, we are in what Beane calls a "transition" phase. 

People love to talk about 2017, how we handed KC Mahomes. Beane wasn't here for that though. It was strictly a McDermott draft based off of the work Whaley and his scouts had done. That draft brought us White, Dawkins, and Milano. If not for the injuries that have derailed White's career, we could talk about the entire situation in a different manner. You can't deny that, right now, Mahomes is on his way to staking a claim at GOAT status. It is what it is. Now fast forward to 2024. Knowing what Allen needed, what this team needed, they traded with KC. With the situation that has unfolded with Rashee Rice, you have to believe KC was looking at WR. They take the WR with the fastest recorded 40 of all time. Me, personally, Worthy doesn't scare me. Yes, he's fast. But he has had some drops and the guy is lighter than my 16 year old at 165lbs. Let him get out there to get squared up by some of these LB's and S's who outweigh him by 30lbs-70lbs. I just don't think he's built to last in this league. I don't see him as Tyreek Hill 2.0 at all. Tyreek is 25lbs heavier than him and is a 4.2 guy in pads, as well as on the track. Still, if I am wrong, the Bills FO just handed KC a guy who will give us fits for years to come. It will be another black eye on this organization from something McDermott, and this time Beane, had hands in. 

The "run it back" mentality has bit them this time. Because we were so close in the 13 seconds game, they developed this "run it back" type of mentality. Sure, we changed a player here or there, but many of the pieces have been the same squad since then. The weight is always, squarely, on Josh's shoulders. People try to use KC as a comparison and say look at what they were able to achieve without big name WR's, or whatever else. Well, KC has Mahomes, Andy Reid scheming the offense for Mahomes (probably THE largest difference), one of the greatest TE's ever to play the game, has typically had a top tier OL, a REALLY good defense littered with talent across the board, and a DC in Spagnuolo who has been a part of 4 SB winning defenses. Gabe never developed, Edmunds never developed, Von's knee, Poyer got old, Hyde's neck injury, White constantly on IR, constantly cycling out JAG's to fill holes, constantly rolling with meh WR's (outside of Diggs, who became more trouble than he was worth), keeping together a middling OL because Josh makes them look better than they actually are, defensive instability, and have changed the guy calling the offense out 3 times in 3 years. Now, on top of that, we find ourselves in Cap purgatory and still no closer to the goal we wish to achieve. 

Going into the 2024 draft, a blind man could see Josh needed weapons on the outside. We had big shoes to fill in Diggs and we needed an upgrade on what Gabe Davis was in this offense. Shakir has shown promise, but he's primarily been used in the Slot. We signed Curtis Samuel, who has primarily been a Slot guy as well. After that we were left with a bunch of JAG's we already had. In the best WR class in at least 10 years, we come away with one WR. I'm not counting the camp fodder UDFA's. We drafted ONE guy. Opinions vary on that one guy. He is truly a boundary WR though. Still, you would have thought this team would have doubled up on boundary guys for the sake of giving their generational talent QB more to work with. Instead they throw all their eggs in one basket by going Safety, DT, and RB with their next 3 selections. Kirby mentioned it in another thread, and I have to concur, that this team looks to have a bottom 5 WR group right now. Until proven otherwise on the field, it is what it is. I think it is a failure, as well as a disservice to JA17, to only have come away with one WR out of this class. This doesn't mean I hate our draft, or grade it an F. I just think it's par for the course we've already seen from this regime, a course that has always seen us come up short.

In the end, I think this year will be the make or break for both Beane and McDermott. To continue to do things the same way and expect different results is madness. If the players they drafted become a foundational youth movement, if you can see the results on the field as to what they were drafted for, if Samuel, Shakir, and Coleman make for a dangerous group, if we can transition on the fly like KC did a couple years ago, and if we didn't just make the KC offense unstoppable again, then they'll be around for a while. But there are A LOT of "if's" in that statement. At some point you have to pull the plug if it's not getting you any closer to what should be the goal of every franchise in professional sports, a championship. We shall see. 

Trying to run him out of town like we did with Lindy?  Guess you could see them back here in 13 years?  This has been the best drafting since the Polian era.  Also as far as McDerm meddling, what do you think a HC does?  You think Andy Reid doesn't meddle? Tomlin?

22 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Trying to run him out of town like we did with Lindy?  Guess you could see them back here in 13 years?  This has been the best drafting since the Polian era.  Also as far as McDerm meddling, what do you think a HC does?  You think Andy Reid doesn't meddle? Tomlin?

Wasn’t Lindy also not on board with a rebuild? How’d tanking for McEichel work out?

19 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

I could care less about hockey. Never been a fan. Reid and Tomlin have SB rings. Reid is probably the best offensive mind the game has seen the last 25 years, knowing how to maximize his guys' talents. And no, I think Reid lets Spagnuolo run his defense exactly the way he wants to run his defense. The track record of his defense is proven, as he's had a hand in 4 SB wins now. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, VW82 said:

Yeah, no. 

McBeane have been extended. We just started a rebuild. We’re coming off a sustained track record of success by any measure that isn’t just SB or bust. Some of you guys aren’t living in reality. 

Also, why does it feel like so many here just became fans in 2018? Do you guys not remember what two decades of incompetence actually looks like??

I have vivid recollection of those two decades. The thing is, in those years the Bills coaches/front offices were unthinkably bad, and the ones with any skill at all were held back by Mr. Wilson and his "cash to cap" policy. The Levy/Jauron years were indescribably horrible, to the point of being embarrassing.

McDermott has a rich and rather free spending owner. The mistakes he made are on him, both on and off the field. The fact that he is a better coach than a lazy, washed up Rex Ryan isn't really much to brag about. He needs to be held accountable for his mistakes but its almost as if he has cast a spell on Pegula. In that sense I agree that he probably isn't going anywhere. :( 

2 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Book a flight to someone place nice for Jan 20th; we aren’t making it past the divisional round. Someone people are ok with that ceiling; other are not. Just enjoy the vacation.

16 hours ago, Beast said:

You’re totally moving the goalposts.

I don't think so, because when you have a QB like Allen the goalpost is to at least get to a Super Bowl. It could happen this year, and hopefully it does! 

At the end of the day we're all just watching the show, but I'm starting to get annoyed with McDermott's defense not showing up in the playoffs, which is a theme. That doesn't mean that will always happen, though. Maybe some of the players we all loved weren't as good as we thought they were, and with different guys McDermott's defense will get the job done. He's a smart guy and a detailed oriented guy, so it's not impossible. 

13 hours ago, Bill Lewes said:

I get some of the frustration, and I'd love a Super Bowl, but:

The last five years:
10-6
13-3
11-6
13-3
11-6

McD is not going anywhere . . . 
and we oughta be sayin Thank You!

I'm exactly as old as the Bills - where would you rather be than right here, right now?

Watching Josh hold a Lombardi after beating the Rams in the SB

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

but its almost as if he has cast a spell on Pegula.

And a large part of Bills fandom…..

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/29/2024 at 10:16 AM, H2o said:

In the end, I think this year will be the make or break for both Beane and McDermott. To continue to do things the same way and expect different results is madness.  ...   At some point you have to pull the plug if it's not getting you any closer to what should be the goal of every franchise in professional sports, a championship. We shall see. 

Here's the thing, performance and Pegula's contentment are two different things.  Seems pretty clear that Pegula cares first and foremost about his wealth/money than he does about winning anything.  About the only thing that could send them packing is blatant futility, which we may very well see this season.  

There's a lot of discontentment, but last season, of our 11 wins, 5 were very narrow with four of them being against teams that we were notably better than from a talent perspective.  Of our 6 losses, 4 were against terrible teams that we should have beaten.  Contrary to the Dorsey v. Brady narrative, several of those losses were due to poor D from a 4th-ranked defense.  We easily could have finished with a losing record last season.  And our last three games, all wins, were very narrow with STs/D TDs being required to win two of the three with our spectacular Brady-led offense not even averaging 20 ppg in those last three games, and all against poor defenses.  

So it remains to be seen how well we do this season, but once again our offense is being led by an OC that is light on experience, who was hired due to familiarity with the head coach, and that otherwise hasn't proven much in terms of creating any kind of offense that puts us where we should be in the rankings with Allen at the helm.  

And what does it say when apparently our QB is making key draft decisions.  Allen really wanted Coleman it's been reported now, but that's pretty much all that Allen got.  We now have a cadre of short-medium largely slot type WRs, we'll see how it works out.  But that's hardly Allen's strengths.  

Who knows what it would take for Pegula to get rid of McD pending certain outcomes, but the fact that our single biggest strength by a country mile is Allen, and yet we continually do not build around that strength, but more importantly, don't even craft our offense to optimize what we have talent-wise on the offensive side, is problematic.  

McD's made it clear that he prefers the '80s/'90s approach to the game via great D and running the ball, ball-control style.  Does this make sense however given that we have one of the greatest passers and best arms of all-time at QB.  (rhetorical)  It doesn't to a lot of people and more and more are realizing just that.  From that era, think Air-Coryell here, that's what we should be thinking.  But McD's perpetually off on his '85 Bears bender because defense is all he knows and understands.  

It would seem that should we not win the division, which would be ridiculous, or worse, not make the playoffs even as a wild-card, which is even more ridiculous given Allen, it will come down to a pressure war between Pegula and the media, both regional and national.  Many here have stated correctly that McBeane aren't going anywhere in Pegula's eyes.  He cares about his money first, and as long as the tix to the new stadium are selling at historically ridiculous prices, he won't care.  

Remember the Pegula family values chart.  There was nothing on it about the fans or their happiness or contentment much less anything about a Lombardi for this team, it was largely about Pegula family wealth.  in short, he doesn't care about you, myself, or any other fans.  He cares about his wealth.  

That's the sad part about it, we have Allen, but there's not one offensively minded creative person on the team to grab Allen by the reigns and direct this offense.  The fact that Allen's making our day-1/2 draft picks on offense says quite a bit in that regard.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 4/29/2024 at 10:26 AM, Nephilim17 said:

I am not certain but would hope that the McBeane leash is getting shorter. How long does a regime with a QB like Josh have to accomplish some real playoff success? I would hope that's not a 10-12 year trial period. 

I hope the Bills succeed this year, with Coleman and all the staff, but if they don't, and especially if other WRs we passed by have great success, I would hope Josh flexes his leverage and demands some kind of change. I think with an in the shadows owner who doesn't seem to know football deeply that the only person who can really make substantive change happen is a relatively young superstar QB.

This year should be telling. But maybe we underperform in the playoffs (or God forbid, don't make them) and nothing changes. At a certain point, we need to go to a Super Bowl with Josh or move on from McBeane. When will either happen? The calendar pages are turning more quickly now...

It's going to have to come down to a battle between Pegula and the media before he'll ever get rid of McD.  

McD would be doing himself and the team a major-league favor if he simply hired someone with come creativity and a plan on offense, rather than shooting from the hip every offseason/season.  ... even to the extent of contradicting himself via this Draft.  

He simply refuses to give up control of an offense that he knows little about in terms of getting the most out of it.  Brady merely schemes things according to McD's ill-fated methodologies.