Would the Chiefs had ended up with Worthy without the trade with the Bills?

The question isn't whether the Chiefs would have gotten Worthy, it's whether Worthy is worthy.  I do NOT think he's Tyreek Hill.  Not with that little body.  Hill is a solid well-built athlete.  Worthy is a slight, short guy.  Hill can absorb shots from DBs and LBs and get up and run the next play.  I will be amazed if Worthy makes it through the first year.

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Could be. Can’t believe the Bills moved down and lost out on Pearsall in the process. What were they thinking, missing out on the players they coveted so much. 

Bills coveted Pearsall? I don’t think that’s true. Beane probably thought it was a great opportunity to gain draft capital (or move up in later rounds in this case) by sliding down and still get a receiver they liked. It’s a good trade for both sides in that regard. The optics is bad because it’s KC and we’ll be reminded every time they play each other. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 90sBills said:

Bills coveted Pearsall? I don’t think that’s true. Beane probably thought it was a great opportunity to gain draft capital (or move up in later rounds in this case) by sliding down and still get a receiver they liked. It’s a good trade for both sides in that regard. The optics is bad because it’s KC and we’ll be reminded every time they play each other. 

It was a tongue in cheek remark on my part. Anyway, you can’t worry about what another team is doing. Or “optics” for that matter. That’s emotional stuff that fans think about, not GMs. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

It was a tongue in cheek remark on my part. Anyway, you can’t worry about what another team is doing. Or “optics” for that matter. That’s emotional stuff that fans think about, not GMs. 

I completely agree with you. Those memes and sport shows hot takes are aimed directly at those fans to get a rise. It’s entertainment and I don’t mind it. 

• Agree 2

58 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’m already beyond sick of Xavier Worthy. 

Nobody would be acting the way they are about him if KC didn’t move up with BUF to take him.  

Not here and not in the National Media. 

Which is funny considering the only thing the Chiefs seem to struggle with is identifying WR talent. 

I hated the trade initially. Bills pick up a 3rd and KC gets a guy they would have had at 32. Smart national media have picked that up. It will be hammered home in a false narrative like MM does if Worthy is good. If Coleman is better BB won’t get credit for getting his guy and fleecing KC. By the way after playing at Texas the best facilities in college apparently Worthy was rather unimpressed with KC. They rank 31/32 in facilities and never miss on WRs 😂 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

I completely agree with you. Those memes and sport shows hot takes are aimed directly at those fans to get a rise. It’s entertainment and I don’t mind it. 

Agree . Thats definitely who it’s aimed at. I don’t care for it personally, but to each their own. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Einstein said:

No way to know. But even if they would have, it shouldn’t have been through our handing him to them.

We are the joke of the NFL right now. Seeing stuff like this everywhere (and Greeny was a Bills ally all last season, defending us when no-one else would):

IMG-9102.jpg

IMG-9097.jpg

Im not one for cussing, but it pisses me off.

LOL, you've gotta admit that that last meme is hilarious, who it's directed at notwithstanding.  

What will really matter is how we play them at home here, and again in the playoffs if that happens.  If Worthy is a factor in those games we'll never live it down.  If he isn't it'll be water under the bridge.  

At this point the schedule release can't come soon enough.  

There’s no way to evaluate the outcome of the trade at this point because we don’t know what the players will turn out to be.  You can, however, evaluate the methodology used to get to this point.  The Chiefs gave up the draft value equivalent of a late 4th rounder to move up while the Bills gained that and a tiny bit more to move back ultimately to 32.  

It’s impossible to know for sure if Worthy would have been taken before the Chiefs were able to draft him, but we do know that he was the first WR taken in a run on WRs that saw 6 taken in the next 10 picks.  Given that knowledge in hindsight, it was a smart move by Kansas City in terms of ensuring they got the one they wanted.  

Conversely, the Bills could have taken the 5th WR off the board at 28.  Instead, they traded back to 33.  3 WRs were taken in that 5 pick window, and they wound up taking the 8th WR.

Ultimately, it will depend on the players taken, but I understand why people would have strong opinions on how each team handled it.

14 hours ago, Einstein said:

No way to know. But even if they would have, it shouldn’t have been through our handing him to them.

We are the joke of the NFL right now. Seeing stuff like this everywhere (and Greeny was a Bills ally all last season, defending us when no-one else would):

IMG-9102.jpg

Worthy has a long way to go to be T. Hill….if ever..

Edited by ControllerOfPlanetX

Could have been taken by Cowboys, Detroit, Ravens, 49ers or any other team wanting to trade up for him. I could see ravens and 49ers not trading with chiefs. So highly likely they don’t get him. 

• Disagree 1

14 hours ago, Einstein said:

IMG-9102.jpg

IMG-9097.jpg

Coleman is a huge question mark, but I thought the draft was pretty solid. Who cares what the media says? Nobody will know until 3 years from now anyways. It’s all speculation at this point. I bet 90% of these guys never did any research on our draft class besides an occasional highlight reel and some mock drafts. Remember the massive hate after Beane took Allen over Rosen? Allen is on the cover of Madden and Rosen is the probably selling insurance somewhere. I could give a **** less who defends the Bills or not. Most of these analysts don’t have the knowledge or credibility to form a real opinion. I’d rather listen to someone like Greg Cossell who actually knows the intricacies the game or even some of the posters on this board over idiots like Stephen A Smith or Nick Wright who are total clout-chasing blowhards. 

1 hour ago, Billl said:

There’s no way to evaluate the outcome of the trade at this point because we don’t know what the players will turn out to be.  You can, however, evaluate the methodology used to get to this point.  The Chiefs gave up the draft value equivalent of a late 4th rounder to move up while the Bills gained that and a tiny bit more to move back ultimately to 32.  

It’s impossible to know for sure if Worthy would have been taken before the Chiefs were able to draft him, but we do know that he was the first WR taken in a run on WRs that saw 6 taken in the next 10 picks.  Given that knowledge in hindsight, it was a smart move by Kansas City in terms of ensuring they got the one they wanted.  

Conversely, the Bills could have taken the 5th WR off the board at 28.  Instead, they traded back to 33.  3 WRs were taken in that 5 pick window, and they wound up taking the 8th WR.

Ultimately, it will depend on the players taken, but I understand why people would have strong opinions on how each team handled it.

Here's where I am at. I personally couldn't care less about the trade value and who got what in points according to a chart. 

As you touched on, the Chiefs moved up and of the WRs left aside from the Big 3 and the one the Jags took, decided which one they wanted most and moved to get him. They dictated who they got.

Beane alluded to Coleman being the "last or the WRs that were on Josh's list that he liked". I'm just going to theorize for a second that the final 4 on the list came down to Worthy, Leggette, Pearsall and Coleman because those were the final picks at WR before Buffalo picked. They allowed KC to come grab who they wanted. SF took one. Leaving 2. Buffalo allowed Carolina to grab Leggette. They in a sense allowed the market to dictate to them who they would be selecting. 

One GM made his choice and got his guy. "Leftover Beane's" sat back and sure, got back into the 3rd round but really lost his chance to make his choice on his own. Now, right choice or wrong choice for KC, that remains to be seen. But the fact they MADE it makes it a respectable move.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

We disagree greatly. I do not agree that trading a 4th for a 3rd is a “steep price”. Many people think we gained a pick - we didn’t. We just moved up a bit. Had they actually paid a steep price, I would have been far more okay with it.

There is also 0 evidence that they still get Worthy without us. Maybe they would have or maybe they wouldn’t have.

The fact that they made a trade signifies that they did NOT think Worthy would have fallen to them.

We would not have gotten the D Tackle we picked with the 4th round selection.  So we would have had to trade away picks to move up into the 3rd round to get him.

We can never know for sure whether Worthy would have fallen or not but the only team between the 28th & 32nd pick to take a WR was SF and the guy they picked was a very different WR then Worthy. 

My guess is that the Chiefs really wanted Worthy and did not want to take the chance of someone moving ahead of him to steal him.  But they probably would have made the trade even if the chances Worthy didn't fall to them was 1 in 10. 

Everything I've heard since the pick is that we got the guy we wanted and the trade allowed us to land a DT who will likley be part of the D line rotation right from the start of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

It's silly how many people nationally goofed on the trade when it happened.  It's like everyone became Nick Wright for a day.

"You don't trade w/ you biggest rival!"  Well, unless they're giving you a 3rd rounder for nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

It would have been the same freaking out. The Bills would have taken Coleman at 28, fans would be pissed, the Chiefs would have taken Worthy and still complained about how we let the Chiefs take him after us. 

The only difference was we wouldn’t have DeWayne Carter and the Chiefs would have taken someone different than Jaden Hicks

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Einstein said:

IMG-9102.jpg

IMG-9097.jpg

Greeny is a Jets fan and has never been able to look at anything NFL related with an objective eye.

5 hours ago, brianthomas said:

What if Beane thought highly of all the wr's & wouldve been happy with any of them? Then Beane wouldve felt safe trading down, knowing he'd at least get 1 of them. "The last one on Josh's list".

Time will tell i suppose, with all these guys... it always does

But not in the first round.  Beane said they had no players with a 1st round grade left on their board.  That's why they were willing to trade out of the round.

They may have, they may not have. Who cares really. He's not yet played a snap in the NFL yet. The media can give the Chiefs an A+ for this trade and pick, but I recall them getting an A+ grade for taking Skye Moore as well. How did that turn out in actual game play? They got their guy, We got who Beane wanted, and Carter in the 3rd. We will know who won this trade in 3 years.

Edited by Calidiehard
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

We disagree greatly. I do not agree that trading a 4th for a 3rd is a “steep price”. Many people think we gained a pick - we didn’t. We just moved up a bit. Had they actually paid a steep price, I would have been far more okay with it.

There is also 0 evidence that they still get Worthy without us. Maybe they would have or maybe they wouldn’t have.

The fact that they made a trade signifies that they did NOT think Worthy would have fallen to them.

We moved up a full round...38 picks to be exact.

8 hours ago, Einstein said:

I mean, the actual Tyreek Hill was passed over 32 times in 4 different rounds. So the fact that 27 teams passed over him doesn’t mean much to me.

That being said, I really didn’t want Worthy either. I just don’t want us to hand KC who they want. 

The point is that there is no consensus that he is tyreek hill "2.0" until he proves it. You guys are drawing parallels simply bc the guy is fast and was drafted by the chiefs. If he went to any other team, no one would be calling him tyreek hill "2.0". No one.

• Agree 2