If you’re upset about the WR room - BLAME DIGGS

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Ok but if there's nothing at all to it you're spending a decent amount of energy defending the honor of a guy who's worth on the open market a 2025 5th round pick and negative 3 million dollars

You mean a 2nd round pick?

Randy Moss was traded for a 4th round pick and and then he had the best season of his HoF career. I could easily see Diggs doing a similar thing under the Texans.

I'm not about to start thinking that this FO has any idea what they're doing when they made Dawson Knox the 6th Highest paid TE
when they signed Von Miller to $120M,
when they gave Deonte Hardy a stupid contract based on no production,
when they completely mangled the Hines acquisition,
when they mishandled Wyatt Teller,
when they were paying guys like Neal and Matakevich big money to play special teams,
when they previously shipped out a ton of players for very little in return just because they weren't their guys.

I have no faith in McDermott at all, and only slightly more so in Beane. if they didn't completely luck into Josh Allen turning the lights on in year 3 with the biggest improvement for a QB in NFL history, they're both out of a job years ago. McDermott would be coaching secondary for the Steelers and Beane would be a scout or bizdev guy somewhere.

9 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

You mean a 2nd round pick?

Randy Moss was traded for a 4th round pick and and then he had the best season of his HoF career. I could easily see Diggs doing a similar thing under the Texans.

I'm not about to start thinking that this FO has any idea what they're doing when they made Dawson Knox the 6th Highest paid TE
when they signed Von Miller to $120M,
when they gave Deonte Hardy a stupid contract based on no production,
when they completely mangled the Hines acquisition,
when they mishandled Wyatt Teller,
when they were paying guys like Neal and Matakevich big money to play special teams,
when they previously shipped out a ton of players for very little in return just because they weren't their guys.

I have no faith in McDermott at all, and only slightly more so in Beane. if they didn't completely luck into Josh Allen turning the lights on in year 3 with the biggest improvement for a QB in NFL history, they're both out of a job years ago. McDermott would be coaching secondary for the Steelers and Beane would be a scout or bizdev guy somewhere.

I know and like I said I largely agree w you 😂😂 I'm just giving you a hard time

You can blame Diggs for being the same guy he's always been but the Bills knew who he was; and still they put themselves in a position where he could damage the team.

Giving him the large guaranteed money extension with 2 years still left on his contract was an unnecessary, self-inflicted mistake; especially with Allen about to sign his huge 2nd contract.

That contract with the 2 years left would have expired after last season. A perfect time to move on and $31 million more to spend winning a SB this year. $31 million more this season could have made a big difference in their chances. Instead they have the biggest non QB dead cap hit in NFL history.

Blame Diggs for being himself ...but Beane and the Bills should have known better, they did this to themselves.

9 hours ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

And I was distraught because Keon Coleman is "slow" - until I read that he was top 4 in the draft in GPS-clocked game speed for EVERY route form, and second fastest in the draft on "GO" routes.  That means faster than Odunze, faster than Brian Thomas.  Breathe.  We are in a golden era of Bills fandom.  We will get there.  Before I die.

Where did you read that?

His top game speed last season was only 19.6 mph

Here's a list of the top speeds of the top prospects. Coleman is last among the 15 wrs they posted.

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Yes. I would like any evidence because all you're doing here is proving me point. Your entire argument is , "well, it HAD to be something". Could have literally been anything. Maybe he and McDermott had a different favorite flavor of ice cream. You have nothing to substantiate your claim, just like thousands of other Bills fans, yet you've crafted a narrative for yourself that helps you make sense of it all.

There might be something to it. Maybe he kicked a pregnant lady and her pregnant dog, but you don't know. You'll probably never know. You just find it easier to blame a guy that isn't here anymore than the people still here who will almost certainly continue to underachieve without him.

Make this make sense.  

The evidence is everywhere that Diggs had become such a POS that they took the dead cap and traded him 1 month before the draft.

If last year’s Diggs show doesn’t happen - and he’s suddenly out of nowhere traded we can seriously question wtf we’re doing.  

For all the talk about Diggs the leader, I’d think he’d find a way to make it work with Allen and Brady - you know since every other WR that has come thru has done so.  

Or maybe they should all just request trades until McD and Beane are fired bc clearly your belief this should happen is effecting your ability to evaluate this objectively.  

I have criticized McD and Beane many times and felt after the 6-6 start it might be time to find new leadership.  

In the absence of our POS WR1 McD pulled off one of the best coaching stretches of his career to get this team a 4th straight division win.

1 minute ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

No he’s the #1 WR. Man the ***** up after getting your 160 targets and getting paid dude. 

Still can't blame Diggs. He already mann'd up for years. Beane is responsible for drafting more receivers. In the end, Beane didn't do that until now.

Diggs' behavior was like this BEFORE we traded for him. This surprised y'all?

So we are supposed to gameplan for him being a quitter after giving him a fat contract, got it. I thought you all said he’s a winner though and he just cares so much about winning. Idk  many winners that act like that. I think you could argue the contract extension but could you imagine not giving him one and the backlash that would have ensued? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Where did you read that?

His top game speed last season was only 19.6 mph

Here's a list of the top speeds of the top prospects. Coleman is last among the 15 wrs they posted.

Yeah, that's not right.  I am sorry I can't pinpoint it, but you can find it pretty easy on Google.  There is also a great article you can find on the fading reliance on draft 40 times in favor of GPS-measured game speed.  Beane is quoted in it a couple months before the draft.  Headline is something like "Are 40 times becoming obsolete" or "Is the 40-yard dash archaic."  I will jump on Google and try to find the Coleman stuff and post it if I do.  Cheers, and Go Bills!

Here is a link - NextGenStats.  

On 4/27/2024 at 10:06 PM, ngbills said:

Coleman replaced Davis. Samuel replaced Harty. So yes. 

Samuel was paid about twice as much as Harty was, and at a longer contract. He wasn’t a Harty replacement, he was brought in to help mitigate the loss of Davis and Diggs. Beane likely already was planning on moving Diggs at the time of the signing. 

Ultimately, blaming Diggs for the state of the Wr room is silly. Beane is the one in control of the situation. He brought in Diggs, while knowing there were some character concerns/issues with teammates in Minnesota. He built the recieving room so blaming it on one player is ridiculous when it was him who brought the player in. It’s one thing if there was an unexpected suspension of your #1, then you could blame it on the player, but Beane is the one that holds the cards here. If Diggs was an issue, he should have addressed the issue more by bringing in replacements. 

On 4/27/2024 at 9:57 PM, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Well I don't know all the details but I suspect our head coach is a major player either directly by being the main reason they haven't won or indirectly by not being able to smooth it over.

McD is referred to as a players coach.  If that’s your approach, then you’re gonna have guys like Diggs pop up and off.  Wouldn’t happen with Belichek.  A real players coach would develop a culture where player leadership checks people like Diggs.  Even this is hard to do when a diva gets a huge contract and the rest of the guys don’t feel they have credibility to set expectations. A common theme in this years draft class is team leadership and I like it.

On 4/27/2024 at 9:39 PM, ngbills said:

Then you do what it takes to move up and grab at least one of the top 4 if not top 3. This was the time to sell out and get into the top 10. We have cap space next season and could used free agency and not have a 1st rounder. Heck we didn’t use a first this year so what is the difference? 

Not only that, not using at least a 2025 2nd to move up in the 2nd and pick up a 3rd was dereliction of duty. Sitting on his thumbs waiting for 60 then 95 blows my mind. Having 10 picks next year won't mean anything different than having them this year.

6 hours ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Yeah, that's not right.  I am sorry I can't pinpoint it, but you can find it pretty easy on Google.  There is also a great article you can find on the fading reliance on draft 40 times in favor of GPS-measured game speed.  Beane is quoted in it a couple months before the draft.  Headline is something like "Are 40 times becoming obsolete" or "Is the 40-yard dash archaic."  I will jump on Google and try to find the Coleman stuff and post it if I do.  Cheers, and Go Bills!

Here is a link - NextGenStats.  

Those speeds are from running those route drills in shorts at the combine.

Not in game speed last season. 

Reel Analytics tracks and posts top speeds in game each week of the season. Coleman's top speed in game last year was 19.6 mph, last among the 15 wr prospects the article covered.

On 4/28/2024 at 12:06 PM, Don Otreply said:

Maybe, Maybe not, either way Diggs quit on the Bills when the going got tougher than Diggs psyche could handle, talk about being fragile…, 

On 4/28/2024 at 12:24 PM, Maynard said:

No, I’m still blaming Beane for this mess. Deepest WR class in forever and we come out with one. ONE! I’d be pissed as hell if I were Allen. 

Both are true. Diggs needed to Rich down deep and fight the urge to go full diva and Beane should've pulled the trigger on a 2nd wr beyond Coleman.  Both are fails....

• Agree 1