If you’re upset about the WR room - BLAME DIGGS

Just now, ngbills said:

It was widely discussed as the best wr class in a long time. That was the narrative. It was what all the scouts and professionals that get paid have said. 
So the Bills are not better than the 2019 version? That lost to HOU after sneaking in the playoffs. That is crazy talk. If that is true McD and Beane should be fired for destroying a roster with Allen as your qb. 

We were up and coming in 2019. We just released a ton an older players this offseason. Have you been sleeping through the offseason? We also have a ridiculous amount of dead cap space this year. 

Diggs is  a major D-Bag!

He indeed did quit on this team and Half -assed multiple plays.

Beane built a contender but the judas know as Diggs pulled the same BS he pulled in MN and hung this team out to dry.

I wish him nothing but misery on the field the remainder of his pathetic career!

58 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Beane could’ve drafted WR’s since 2018 and hasn’t. 

Then he wouldn’t have had to extend Diggs desperately in 2022. Something that gave Diggs tremendous leverage in 2022 and 2023.

He did neglect the WR room for multiple seasons, and is still neglecting it and Josh is going to pay for it when his career ends at 31 like Cam Newton.

Just now, FireChans said:

I will agree to a point that Diggs’ exit probably accelerated how bad the lack of succession plan was. But the Bills have sucked at their succession plans for the 2020 stars since.. well… 2020.

Beane drafts a decent WR last year or two years ago and we are feeling much more comfortable with Coleman/Samuel/Shakir filling out the rest of the room. 

Of course

But not having a plan in place to address an aging malcontent wr falls on management imo

• Like (+1) 2

I will agree to a point that Diggs’ exit probably accelerated how bad the lack of succession plan was. But the Bills have sucked at their succession plans for the 2020 stars since.. well… 2020.

Beane drafts a decent WR last year or two years ago and we are feeling much more comfortable with Coleman/Samuel/Shakir filling out the rest of the room. 

That is why they needed a good wr in any of the last few drafts. Diggs is either a cancer or was in the decline. But we don’t need a plan. Makes no sense. That is the issue. Not Diggs. 

37 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'm not upset. I'm excited for guys like Shakir and Samuel to step up. And Coleman to come in and grow playing with Allen.

There will be some growing pains, but I really like Shakir and Samuel. And Coleman is an upgrade over Davis, in my opinion. We don't have a superstar receiver, which means Allen will deliver the ball wherever he sees fit without having to worry about a Diva.

We don't have to throw screens to Diggs anymore. Samuel should be way better suited for that.

Oh, and Kincaid is easily positioned now as the #1 weapon. He should have a monster year and take his place as an elite TE in the NFL. I'm excited.

That's the optimistic way of looking at things, and it has merit.

The pessimistic view is that Joe Brady was struggling to scheme guys open last year, and now we have gone from two experienced outside receivers to none.

6 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Thats possible but what’s your point? They ended up with a guy they liked and helped fill another position on the team. I have a feeling though that Worthy was not rated that highly on their board. I think the worthy pick by KC was pretty obvious and the Bills didn’t care. 

My point is the Bills may have had a group of 6 players all rated exactly the same (they'd have to for a trade down to 33 to be worth it, especially for such little compensation)

So they let KC choose their guy, then Carolina as well. So they didn't mind losing out on Worthy or Legette, but they also didn't care about Coleman becasue he could've been picked as well.

It's weird I have to say that , but I'm seeing a lot of fans saying "Coleman was their guy" but Beane's actions dont match that narrative.

Edited by Rock-A-Bye Beasley

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Of course

But not having a plan in place to address an aging malcontent wr falls on management imo

They didn’t even have a plan for DAVIS, who everyone knew was gonna be gone. I don’t even think they negotiated with him much. 

They had no plan for Poyer/Hyde either, unless you count Rapp the bandaid they only brought in after Micah’s head was falling off.

They have done a terrible job keeping the talent pipeline flowing, except maybe at LB and CB.

50 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Diggs wanted to win and he saw everyone else was just happy with hanging afc east banners. Most of you are going to love this team no matter what and that's your prerogative but he has no ties here and only has a few years left in his career and he wanted to win at least once and he didn't think he could do it here so best of luck to him. I hope he finds what he's looking for

If he wanted to win so badly he should’ve caught that dime from Josh that hit him right in the hands. Good riddance. 

59 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Yea Josh was on board because Diggs is selfish ####### 

Even if they drafted a 4th round rookie how does that make up for losing diggs? It doesn’t. We will figure it out by committee and running the ball this year. 

Diggs sucked by the end of the year. Diggs also sucked in every single playoff elimination game. For being a superstar, he never showed up in the playoffs. He was an afterthought in the offense for half the season. It doesn't take much to replace the version of him we had last year.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

That is why they needed a good wr in any of the last few drafts. Diggs is either a cancer or was in the decline. But we don’t need a plan. Makes no sense. That is the issue. Not Diggs. 

Correct. I have been screaming draft a WR since 2021. It was obvious except for the Carolina boys.

They didn’t even have a plan for DAVIS, who everyone knew was gonna be gone. I don’t even think they negotiated with him much. 

They had no plan for Poyer/Hyde either, unless you count Rapp the bandaid they only brought in after Micah’s head was falling off.

They have done a terrible job keeping the talent pipeline flowing, except maybe at LB and CB.

Then leave. You're not a Bills fan if all you do is complain about the team. 

2 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

We were up and coming in 2019. We just released a ton an older players this offseason. Have you been sleeping through the offseason? We also have a ridiculous amount of dead cap space this year. 

Older players that can be replaced. We are fine at the positions that matter and just needed a Wr to still be a Super Bowl favorite. Let’s not sell this like Allen is gone or our LT etc. Many of the guys that left this year excluding Diggs were almost not brought back last year. We let aging vets walk not young guys we could not resign. 

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Shakir catches that ball. Kincaid catches that ball. Knox drops it. 

So does Diggs 99% of the time. It’s is so dumb to say this nonsense like Diggs can’t make that play. Shi$ happens.