Beane: "This team is in transition"

1 hour ago, Beast said:

What I remember from the last time the Bills took the field…….a 3 point loss to the Super Bowl Champions.

The Bills were absolutely decimated on defense, playing players that had no business seeing the field.

And Latavius Murray of all players had better receiving stats than our 2 top wide receivers combined that won’t be here next season.(Davis didn’t play) 

And we lost by 3 points. A game they almost won.

How are we worse than the team that lost that game to the Chiefs? Because to be quite frank, I believe team we field this season will be much, much better.

Yeah and if they didn't fumble on our goal line they would have lost by two scores or more.

• Thank you (+1) 1

In transition sounds like some liberal person, nevertheless this team shouldn’t be in transition when you have your franchise QB in his prime at 28. We are just going to waste Allen and wait another 20 years for a QB if McDermott and Beane are in charge after this season

Edited by Bills Bud
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Yeah and if they didn't fumble on our goal line they would have lost by two scores or more.

Exactly. People seem to forget that boneheaded call.  If he didn’t fumble people would be a lot more upset with McDermott. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

And if Diggs didn’t drop that pass….and if we didn’t have any injuries on defense…..

Are you saying the Bills team that takes the field won’t be as good as the one that left the field that night against KC?

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

And if Dion Dawkins places his foot a smidge to the left, Allen to Shakir is the go ahead score with less than 2 minutes to play.

1 minute ago, Beast said:

And if Diggs didn’t drop that pass….and if we didn’t have any injuries on defense…..

Are you saying the Bills team that takes the field won’t be as good as the one that left the field that night against KC?

Yes. Yes I am. 9-8.

Too many chiefs not enough Indians. That’s what I say when see framing crews and everyone carrying and looking at plans. 
You don’t need leaders at every ***** position. 

Edited by BananaB

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

The talent level on this team is so far behind the Niners, Eagles, Chiefs, Lions and Ravens

it’s not even close.

For all the games we've played against these teams in the last two years, what's the total point differential? 

Without doing a bit of looking I'd bet it's no more than -7 in the opponents favor.

Edit: lost to th le eagles by 3, beat the lions by three. Even.

Beat the Ravens and beat the chiefs 2 out of 3 times with that being in our favor as well.

So overall we have a positive point differential against all of the listen teams over the last two years. Don't tell me we're "so far behind" because the results don't support that. 

Edited by yall
Nonsense

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

This quote from Beane defines the entire draft strategy:

He is giving it to us straight. The Bills are in a rebuild year. So he went for all team captains. Guys that interviewed well. Guys that he believes set a new foundation of leadership in the building. He hunted for short term needs that fit the singular character profile he and McDermott feel comfortable with, at the expense of talent at premium positions. And he is telling the fanbase to temper our expectations without coming right out and saying it.

I'm not gonna grade a draft until we see how all the players turn out, but the overall philosophy shown this weekend is deflating and uninspiring.

I was with you until you ended with deflating and uninspiring. They addressed needs and good prospects. Other than that I think you’re right. 

Jesus, he said we lost a lot of older players, so we're transitioning to a new group of younger guys. Some people just hear what they want to hear.

They're not giving up, or rebuilding. This team will compete for the Superbowl.

We lost a lot of guys, but of the losses, how many contributed to the winning streak in a meaningful way. Morse? Diggs, Poyer, White, Hyde, Davis didn't give much in the second half of last season.

Plus we're getting Milano and Daquan back. So much over-reaction here.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, KentuckyBillsFan said:

The problem with this draft is it shows there’s no change in philosophy. They’ll add to the offense when they have to but the priority is getting “team captain” guys on defense. They’re doubling down on a strategy that’s failed.

Beane and McDermott won’t change. 

Exactly, The inability of these guys to adjust will be their eventual downfall. I’ve loved everything McD and Beane has done for us, it’s time to change course, but they’ll keep drafting upstanding citizens who play defense over anything else. That’ll be the demise of this golden era of Bills football. I hope I’m wrong. 

Edited by SirAndrew

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Pretty much every coach/GM that took Rosen or Daniel Jones would be fired. How is that some profound statement concerning McDermott or Beane?

Here’s another hot take….if the Bills selected Tony Eason ahead of Jim Kelly the Bills never would have reached a Super Bowl and Marv Levy and Andre Reed wouldn’t be in the Hall of Fame.

Ok not everything everyone say is a hot take. I took the first two names of underwhelming QBs that came to my head. The type of QBs that this team was littered with for about 20 years. I think you understand the heart of my statement right?  I'll make it plain. If we didn't have Josh playing at QB this stand not be what they are so in turn neither would McD or Beane. Instead of trying to trash people how about sincerity and conversation. Just a thought. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown

I just watched Brandon Beane's presser. No where in his 33 minutes did I hear him say oh we're rebuilding or we plan on not winning this year. He only mentioned transitioning from going from an older roster to a younger roster, transitioning from older leaders to younger leaders which is why they focused on captains. I mean people can hear what they want but this thread and quote is insinuating they failed and their now rebuilding this roster. The only thing I think they are transitioning from is being a finesse team to more of a physical power team.

Literally all of their picks indicate that to me.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Goin Breakdown said:

Ok not everything everyone say is a hot take. I took the first two names of underwhelming QBs that came to my head. The type of QBs that this team was leagues with for about 20 years. I think you understand the heart of my statement right?  I'll make it plain. If we didn't have Josh playing at QB this stand not be what they are so in turn neither would McD or Beane. Instead of trying to trash people how about sincerity and conversation. Just a thought. 

I responded to the ludicrous statement you made. And now you are pissed because I responded the way I did?

Honestly, I don’t even get what the hell you are saying. It makes no sense.

The Dolphins offense is still going to be tough if they can stay healthy. The Jets added some pieces to the OL, another quality WR prospect, another battering ram RB, and are getting a healthy Rodgers back. The Patriots are in full blown rebuild mode, but beat us last year with far inferior talent and Mac freakin Jones at QB.

This past season it took a 6 game run just to win the division. This year we play the NFC West (SF, Rams, and a should be much improved AZ squad), the AFC South (the upstart Texans, Indy with A. Rich back, a Jax team that always gives us trouble), our 6 division games, KC, Detroit, and Baltimore. This schedule is gonna suck. 

At some point you have to realize the way you've been trying to operate doesn't work. At some point you have to be able to adapt. To repeat the same cycle year after year with a generational talent at QB is madness. At some point the owner has to say :censored: it and hit the reset button. I think the next two years are make or break. If we haven't gotten to the SB by the end of the 2025 season, when Josh is on the verge of 30, I think/hope Pegula will clean house. The goal is not just to be "Playoff caliber" every year, it's to win a Lombardi. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1