Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

20 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Legette at 32 and a trade up in Round 2 for Coleman would have made this draft a lot better

Good news for you - we didn't Double Down and only addressed 1 of our 2 major holes at WR.

So now you can obsess over big name trades all off season and ignore realistic options for posts like "Jamarr Chase - Who would say no to this trade?"

3 minutes ago, par73 said:

I felt certain at least two receivers would be taken with all the picks they had.

I’ve always believed in Beane.

Not so sure I do now.

This almost seems like arrogance toward all the WR talk thinking he’s smarter than everyone else

• Disagree 1

21 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Just to be clear taking an OT and OG in round 6 and 7 is not adding playmakers for Allen

Which "playmakers" did you want at 219 and 221 overall? :lol:

And just for comparison, Andy Isabella - who is already on the roster, was a 2019 2nd round pick and ran a 4.31 40.

• Thank you (+1) 2

• SDS unpinned this topic
Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Which "playmakers" did you want at 219 and 221 overall? :lol:

And just for comparison, Andy Isabella - who is already on the roster, was a 2019 2nd round pick and ran a 4.31 40.

I'm just stating that when the inevitable counting of offense/defense picks post is made, just becuase Beane drafted 5 offensive players in this draft, does not mean he adequately addressed the offense. 

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I’ve always believed in Beane.

Not so sure I do now.

This almost seems like arrogance toward all the WR talk thinking he’s smarter than everyone else

I mean, I wont ever say I told you so regarding all the offseason talk about taking 2 WRs early, but if anyone is showing any arrogance here it the folks that worked themselves up into such a lather based on youtube highlight reels, and now you are saying you lost faith in Beane because he didnt do exactly what you, an untrained civilian, wanted him to do. And wanted him to draft guys in the 2nd round that NO team took until the 4th-7th rounds.

Who is thinking they are smarter than anyone else?

I know you are feeling let down after months of hyping this up. I'm bummed we couldnt get one of the Big 3 or BTJ. Let's see how it works out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Beane and McDermott have been living off Allen,  if this season goes bad they both need to be shown the door and get a manager and HC that focuses is on the offence and helping their QB.  There is no #1 on this team

14 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

He just doesn't get it.

He doesn't get how wrong he is.

I just have visions of this offence struggling and Allen waiting in the pocket because no one open

• Agree 1