Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

1 minute ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Is there a chance that the Bills didn’t draft a single day 1 starter for 24-25? 

possibly, but does that matter? they drafted 4 players that will likely play a large amount of snaps year 1. That's a pretty big deal. If we can do it again in 2025, they'll be ina  good position for the next few years.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Never mind about Boyd!  4 picks until we take Jerry Rice.

Pretty sure at his age he has slowed down a bit. Still might make the team lol

Edited by KingBoots8

1 hour ago, ScorpionZero said:

It should be control the clock on offense with opportunistic make them earn it defense. Kinda how parcels beat the bills in SB 25

No. It should be score as many TDs/points as possible. That antiquated controll the clock stuff doesnt work against elite offenses much anymore.  It only takes one or two mistakes per drive to end it when you trying to just control clock and move the ball 3 yards at a time. The other team is gonna score when they have elite offense.

2 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

What a disappointing draft this has been,  outside of Cole Bishop the safety with great speed and size there is nothing but disappointment in this draft and Beane started it all on opening.  First we hand the Chiefs the fastest receiver in the draft and then Miami who is already a fast team is adding more speed to the RB position in Wright ( like why did we not add him ourselves moving up with all those 5th rounders). Beane and McDermott seem to value high motor and character guys over guys with size & speed.  

I see both the Jets and Dolphins improving and taking over the division and the Bills having a big setback year. This draft was suppose help replace guys we cut or traded and I don't see anything that leads me to believe this team is any better and if not worse then last season.  Like why are you drafting a running who has so many miles and will be 25 in this year? 

Again both Beane and McDermott do not understand speed and I'm tired of hearing Beane talk about "he has game speed:, outside of Cole Bishop it looks like a bunch of practice squad guys or guys lining up on special teams. 

Sorry but this was one of the worse draft classes in years and I feel as sick as I did the night Beane F?up and drafted good old Cody Ford over WR'S Metcalf and Brown.  I said that night Ford was going to be a bust and he was. 

Nope.

Regarding Worthy. If we didn't trade with them, someone else may have and they would still get him.  Oh, and if you are concerned about handing them mahomes, it is what it is.  We could have drafted him, no way to say he would have been good with us or we would have won a Super Bowl with him.  

Anyways, love Josh and no matter what would much rather have him than PM.

• Like (+1) 1

As it is right now….

Guard Christian Mahogoney and Javion Cohen would be nice. Cornerback is still pretty deep with Willie Drew, MJ Devonshire and Myles Harden feeling like natural fits. Bell and Holker would probably be upgrades to Morris at TE3. We already drafted a LB but Nathaniel Watson is a good player

4 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Is there a chance that the Bills didn’t draft a single day 1 starter for 24-25? 

Well, I think Bishop will have his chance. If not start I think he'll see some significant snaps. The Center from Georgia supposed is good enough to complete. And while most don't want to think about it right now...Keon Coleman starts day 1. Beane pretty much laid that out last night IMO.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

possibly, but does that matter? they drafted 4 players that will likely play a large amount of snaps year 1. That's a pretty big deal. If we can do it again in 2025, they'll be ina  good position for the next few years.

I don't think i've ever seen you this positive lol

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

No. It should be score as many TDs/points as possible. That antiquated controll the clock stuff doesnt work against elite offenses much anymore.  It only takes one or two mistakes per drive to end it when you trying to just control clock and move the ball 3 yards at a time. The other team is gonna score when they have elite offense.

Who said 3 yards at a time, I'm thinking more like 6 yards at a time and running the clock all the way down Everytime. You assumed I meant 3 yards because I said parcels, oh hell no. I want them to punish people 5-6 yards at a time.

Sorry, miscounted. Have 10 guys left on the board and with the Bills only a couple of picks away here they are as a reminder:

1. Christian Mahogany, IOL, Boston College

2. Beau Brade, S, Maryland

3. Leonard Taylor, DT, Miami

4. Brenden Rice, WR, USC

5. Beaux Limmer, C, Arkansas

6. Nathaniel Watson, LB, Mississippi State

7. Marcus Harris, DT, Auburn

8.  Javion Cohen, IOL, Miami

9. Dallin Holker, TE, Colorado State

10. Cornelius Johnson, WR, Michigan

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Boyd's gone. Kinda bummed about that, as we seemed to have interest. 

This has been a draft that has strayed from how Beane normally conducts things. In the past if we saw multiple visits, top 30 ect they were a good bet.

This year all of the guys that they showed the most interest in...they passed over multiple times. 

• Agree 1