Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

I think it will be Trotter (LB) or a DB like Abrams-Drane or (gasp) Kinchens.  To be clear, I am not hoping for Kinchens but S is a need and their DB coach knows him.  

Kitchens was drafted 99th I believe.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Do the Bills take Rattler in the 5th as a backup QB? They did it with Fromm and I'll be honest Rattler is a much much better prospect than Fromm

I'm on board, but not with our first 5th. I think Rattler would do well to sit and learn under Allen. Value is definitely there. 

4 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Do the Bills take Rattler in the 5th as a backup QB? They did it with Fromm and I'll be honest Rattler is a much much better prospect than Fromm

I'd do it on the last 5th pick, but the Bills are contractually obligated to take defense. Just salvage a 2nd wr by taking Rice.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

It really doesn't. We lost Diggs, Davis, Harty, and Sherfield. Coleman replaces Davis, Samuel replaces Harty, and Hollins replaces Sherfield. We also have Khalil Shakir and Justin Shorter, who we spent a 5th on last year.

We probably only have one WR roster spot left on the 53. I don't see any of the WR's left being a given to make the roster. And I'd expect we're looking at a vet for that last real spot. 

The double down was never a given. Especially if we plan on bringing in another vet. We took a WR with our first pick. People are acting like we've completely ignored it.

Awesome 

Pritchett is a guy that fell in around here on a lot of the mocks. He goes to Seattle. 

Cards take Xavier Thomas, Edge. Beast List with 2 picks to go:

72 SPENCER RATTLER QB7 South Carolina
78 AUSTIN BOOKER EDGE9 Kansas
90 MALIK WASHINGTON WR15 Virginia
92 DJ JAMES CB12 Auburn
95 MEKHI WINGO DT9 LSU
98 AUDRIC ESTIME RB7 Notre Dame
99 CHRISTIAN MAHOGANY OG7 Boston College

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

We replaced a lot of what we lost, signed two safeties and a depth DE, except at top end WR

And we signed most of them to one year contracts.  The draft isn't just for this year.

7 minutes ago, MPT said:

Diggs caught 3 of 8 targets against the Chiefs. You wanted to see more drops?

You know that just because a receiver didn't catch a target doesn't mean it was a drop, right? He dropped 2 passes on 17 targets in the 2023 postseason and 8 on 160 targets int he regular season. If you want to compare Diggs drops to Allen's Bad Pass  percentage, you might be surprised.

• Sad 1

1. DJ James, CB, Auburn

2. Jeremiah Trotter, LB, Clemson

3. Christian Mahogany, IOL, Boston College

4. Kris Abrams-Draine, CB, Missouri

5. Austin Booker, EDGE, Kansas

6. Sedrick Van Pran, IOL, Georgia

7. Beau Brade, S, Maryland

8. Brenden Rice, WR, USC

9. Leonard Taylor, DT, Miami

10. Cam Hart, CB, Notre Dame

• Like (+1) 1

Perfect time to go WR, said it upthread...Thrash could bring a deep threat, versatile depth piece.

Rice is an outside only guy, but could be nice depth.  

I like Thrash more for his versatility and YAC.

DE: MO Kamara and Javon Solomon bring value at EDGE, as rotational pass rushers

CB: Devonshire would be a good fit, and our potential punt returner

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I'd like it but not sure they'd cut Mitch and less sure they'd keep a roster spot for a 3rd QB. I wish the NFL would give teams a spot for a #3 QB. I think it would make the league way better if teams could earnestly develop reserve quarterbacks.