I would love to see Buffalo hold the draft

I think it would great to see Buffalo hold the draft,  it's great for the economy  and great for the fans.  Detroit set record for fans attending with 275,000,  not sure if there is enough hotel space between Buffalo & Niagara Falls and where would they hold it

1 minute ago, zevo said:

I just got back from the draft. Im not sure we could handle that amount of people. Detroit did a great job.

I have zero interest in watching a draft in that manner. Being in the middle of downtown 2 miles away from a stage listening to a loudspeaker. 

Back in the day sitting in the NYC auditorium would have been my speed . I’ll sit in my recliner 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

I have zero interest in watching a draft in that manner. Being in the middle of downtown 2 miles away from a stage listening to a loudspeaker. 

Back in the day sitting in the NYC auditorium would have been my speed . I’ll sit in my recliner 

clint eastwood kids GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Just in general I don’t get draft hype. Like I’m just going to watch somebody read a list….very slowly. 

I watch at home, but sitting on my couch is a lot different. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

First time for me. was always on my bucket list. We spent all day and night for the first round down there. We were gifted Vip access to the Verizon event at night. They had their own large area and restaurant access. Free food and drink all night. It was great. Thanks to Verizon for a great experience.

• Like (+1) 1

I’d love it!

Question is, where would you hold it?  Need somewhere you can hotel 100,000 people at the very least, probably much more. Need a spot large enough to allow for all those people along with the NFL roadshow around the event. Need a place that has roads in and out.  Need food and beverage within walking distance of the site.  Cans/Uber/Lyft.  A real public rail system.

Not sure we meet those requirements.

Stadium lot?  Once the new stadium is built, have parking for at 80 to 100k?

Inner Harbor?  Outer Harbor?  Neither make sense.

edit. As mentioned above, Green Bay is hosting next year.  Plan is to be in Lambeau and around. Would like to see how they do it. Maybe it is possible here then.  

Edited by davefan66

1 minute ago, davefan66 said:

I’d love it!

Question is, where would you hold it?  Need somewhere you can hotel 100,000 people at the very least, probably much more. Need a spot large enough to allow for all those people along with the NFL roadshow around the event. Need a place that has roads in and out.  Need food and beverage within walking distance of the site.  Cans/Uber/Lyft.  A real public rail system.

Not sure we meet those requirements.

Stadium lot?  Once the new stadium is built, have parking for at 80 to 100k?

Inner Harbor?  Outer Harbor?  Neither make sense.

based on my experience its rather impossible. but who knows 

• Agree 1

Hotels are the biggest thing. I don't think WNY has enough rooms. I also have my doubts the City of Buffalo can handle having the entire population of Buffalo in one spot, based on how well they plow the streets.

39 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Who says it's gonna be downtown? 

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Hotels are the biggest thing. I don't think WNY has enough rooms. I also have my doubts the City of Buffalo can handle having the entire population of Buffalo in one spot, based on how well they plow the streets.

We don't have to worry about plowed streets in late April, though 

9 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Who says it's gonna be downtown? 

We don't have to worry about plowed streets in late April, though 

I suppose they could do it in the new Stadium but they would probably prefer Canalside area. I think it’s a pipe dream at least until the new stadium is built 

28 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If we don't then Green Bay ASSUREDLY doesn't.