Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 2 & 3 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The obsession with Dline on this team is infuriating. It’s the 1 thing we are stacked and set at depthwise every year. And we are never even that effective in getting after the QB. Please stop taking Dlineman so often. Wtf us the plan at WR? This isn’t good enough 

They are just following draft value. It's why I REALLY didn't want to trade Diggs and "replace him in the draft." It didn't fall that way, which was entirely expected.

• Like (+1) 1

Meh, meh, and meh. This draft, so far, has been the worst I've seen from Beane. The trades don't bother me. What we've done after that has. Just my 2. Very underwhelming. 

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The obsession with Dline on this team is infuriating. It’s the 1 thing we are stacked and set at depthwise every year. And we are never even that effective in getting after the QB. Please stop taking Dlineman so often. Wtf us the plan at WR? This isn’t good enough 

Are we stacked tho? Behind Oliver and Jones who do we have? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, H2o said:

Meh, meh, and meh. This draft, so far, has been the worst I've seen from Beane. The trades don't bother me. What we've done after that has. Just my 2. Very underwhelming. 

I agree, but the trades do bother me because the draft shouldn’t be underwhelming with all those picks. I’m struggling to understand why he stockpiled all those picks. The value of a bunch of fifth round picks aren’t great, unless you bundle them for a trade, which seems unlikely at this point. 

100 picks in. 79 of my top 100 players have been taken. I still actually have four second round grades left on my board. My plan tomorrow would be to try to get at least one more pick inside the top 120 if they can manipulate the board some.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Maybe a trade up for Franklin or Tez Walker tomorrow?

Doubt it. Bet they stand pat and take 5 more defensive players and a couple of bottom feeder OL'men knowing them.

• Like (+1) 1

Cribbing from the other thread:

I'm not gonna be reasonable anymore. For a guy who talks about getting more explosive Beane gets:

- a plodding big slot WR

- an overdraft at a devalued position

- a no-traits defensive lineman to backup your best D player

That looks like a fail for an in-window reset. Minimal upside, and a failure to add the very thing you talked about adding to the roster - explosiveness.

This isn't about Franklin, this is about traits and value positions. I wouldn't have drafted anyone Beane did in the places he drafted them. Hopefully the fact that he gets paid millions of dollars to do this ***** means he'll be more correct, but I. Just. Hate. This. Day 2.

2 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

You would think trading some of those 5ths to get an early 4th for Franklin makes sense at this point.  

You would think if anyone in the league viewed Troy Franklin as HALF the prospect posters on this board obsessed with him are - that he wouldn't be on the board in Round 4.

I wouldn't put all my eggs into the Franklin basket. I can easily see Buffalo preferring Devontez Walker, Javon Baker, Brendan Rice, Malik Washington, or Jamari Thrash over him.

• Like (+1) 1