Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 2 & 3 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

What do you guys think of Edge Austin Booker at #95?

Bit of a project but has some good qualities.

Love the value match at #95. I've been grabbing him in mocks because he is so young and needs to come into a rotational system as he develops.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Bills drafted two positions of need thus far but it’s really hard to come out of this draft excited. The roster needs playmakers added on both sides of the ball. Sure we added some supplemental pieces but at the end of the day, the burden is 100% still upon Josh to carry a heavy burden. 

IMO, our offense is significantly lacking playmakers. D is solid but lacks any true impactful players. Solid team but come playoffs are flaws are exposed. Was hoping Beane would be more aggressive.

Hope I’m wrong!

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HerdMentality said:

Wut?

why did Beane even acquire these extra pics? Ammunition isn’t a “thang”? The Rich Hill scale isn’t a thing either?

Hey man, you’re smarter than me. But let’s not pretend.

They have ammunition to move up 5 or 6 picks - i.e. where the draft is now. But 10 picks ago they'd have been giving up 3 picks for 1. That wouldn't have made much sense to me, unless a first round type was falling. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, bills6969 said:

Braelon Allen?

The Bills are clearly going big and physical so this actually wouldn’t totally surprise me based on what the Bills look like their trying to accomplish here 

• Agree 1

I'd honestly be surprised if we went WR at 95. There's some guys sticking out like a sore thumb and still a number of decent WR prospects in Walker, Franklin, Baker, McMillan, Rice, Thrash, and Washington that we could move up for on Day 3. I don't think we view Franklin as significantly better than a number of them.