Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 2 & 3 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

4 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

3 of our fifth rounders and #95 can get us up into this range

Too much IMO, I'd be willing to part with 2 of those.  But we still need depth pieces at various positions.

I think it's more realistic we move up in Rd 4, if someone is sticking out

• Agree 1

Just now, BCAS Baritone said:

Listening to the PFF guys, they said WR Franklin is falling because he had a terrible Gauntlet in the combine - they said he looked like he was running the slalom

He had a TERRIBLE Combine, period. End of statement.

He measured shorter in height than expected. He weighed in lighter in weight than expected (and he was already underweight). He ran the 10 and 40's WAAAYYY less than expected (and then he didn't re-run those times at his Pro Day, meaning they are just what they are). And the Gauntlet? Was perhaps the ugliest i've ever seen. DJ was calling him out for it on live television.

His speed is a long gaining speed. He doesn't come off the line fast. All of these things don't necessarily mean he can't be good at the next level. But i'm not even remotely shocked he's still on the board in Round 3. The overhype train for him was rampant from the very beginning. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

But all the geniuses on here wanted Franklin at 33. It’s now pick 68 btw. He would be a nice deep threat option for a handful of plays 

Just because Franklin wasn't picked ahead of Coleman doesn't mean he wasn't the better wr. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BCAS Baritone said:

Listening to the PFF guys, they said WR Franklin is falling because he had a terrible Gauntlet in the combine - they said he looked like he was running the slalom

He claimed he was sick, which I think is plausible.

His game film is great. I'm really surprised he's still out there.

Don't understand why every is throwing a tantrum about the Bills having multiple 5th round picks. Have the Bills ever drafted anyone in the 5th round who went on to make a difference, or not?

For myself, the players I like start dwindling around 110ish but I'll be watching to see which of those guys are available to the Bills for those 141/144/160/163 picks. And then throwing my own tantrum when they take someone completely off the board.

2 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Again though - that doesn't explain away the measurements coming in less than expected. And if the illness effected his shocking times in the 10 (DEAD last amongst all WR's at the combine) and the 40 (not slow, but NOWHERE near as expected) - then why did he choose to stick to those times at his Pro Day and not re-run?

His Highlight Reel looks great. But beyond the YouTube clips, there's plenty of lowlights. He struggled against some Weak CB's who aren't NFL level prospects.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

then he should’ve run it at his pro day? 

I think you just have to say he wasn’t prepared as the defense which isn’t great 

Just now, HappyDays said:

Trading our 4th or two of our 5ths would get us up to 77/78 according to the Rich Hill chart.

I'd love to see us move some fifths to get a better 3rd rounder, but I've been wrong about just about everything this draft so what do I know.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Don't understand why every is throwing a tantrum about the Bills having multiple 5th round picks. Have the Bills ever drafted anyone in the 5th round who went on to make a difference, or not?

For myself, the players I like start dwindling around 110ish but I'll be watching to see which of those guys are available to the Bills for those 141/144/160/163 picks. And then throwing my own tantrum when they take someone completely off the board.

Um....Matt Milano has entered the chat...

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

Matt Milano. Khalil Shakir. Siran Neal. Even Kyle Williams was a 5th rounder...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Oh, I get it. Beane is waiting to get Franklin as an UDFA. Sly dog. Dude's a f*cking genius

Magician every year.  Magically gifted the Chiefs the fastest wr to test ever to the Chiefs. Brilliant.   Gifted them Mahomes, magnificent, all while we needed a qb and a wr at the time it happened.  As proven in the past, WR has very little value to the duo of Mcdefense

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I also wonder if the bills like austin booker?  they need a DL

That's my guy. Young and raw but very athletic.

Jalyx Hunt would be the consolation prize if they don't.

If they pass on both, Myles Cole at the end of the 5th or 6th.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Like (+1) 1