Rd 2, Pick 33: WR Keon Coleman, Florida State

SDS

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It would have been the longest air yards completion of the season to Shakir.

By what a couple yards? I'm sure being comparatively wide open on it instead of having like half a foot of separation from Sauce Gardner wouldn't make it technically easier than the one he added RAC for a combined 82 yards.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Warcodered said:

By what a couple yards? I'm sure being comparatively wide open on it instead of having like half a foot of separation from Sauce Gardner wouldn't make it technically easier than the one he added RAC for a combined 82 yards.

Yeah and then significantly more than the next longest target after that.   The OBVIOUS POINT being that it is NOT something Khalil Shakir has done with any degree of regularity whatsoever.   Is that not clear to you?     

19 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’m not joking. Tough schedule, roster in transition. 7-10 season.

Future Buffalo Bill Tetairoa McMillan.

I don’t think top 10, but isn’t unreasonable to think that the Bills in this transitional year might miss the playoffs.

35 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah and then significantly more than the next longest target after that.   The OBVIOUS POINT being that it is NOT something Khalil Shakir has done with any degree of regularity whatsoever.   Is that not clear to you?     

Takes the time to look, nope that's not true either.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

😭😭😭

I apparently gave you far too much credit, you didn't look at all did you. Sure he's got a ton of short yard passes, but there's also a bunch of 20 yard one, oh and a 25 yard one that's about the distance of the Chiefs TD pass that didn't come to be. The best part though is that's not the longest one, no that'd be around 38 air yard pass you apparently conveniently forgot about. I say 38 but that's hemming it in conservatively Allen threw it around the 50 to Shakir around the 9 so it's basically a 40 yard pass.

Wow video quickly follows the 40 yard pass with a 30 yard one....and a 35 one, and another about the length of the missed KC that technically was an uncalled TD if I recall in that Chargers game. Then finishes with a 30 yard one.

Edited by Warcodered
Hadn't finished the video yet it got so much worse ​😭​
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

😭😭😭

I apparently gave you far too much credit, you didn't look at all did you. Sure he's got a ton of short yard passes, but there's also a bunch of 20 yard one, oh and a 25 yard one that's about the distance of the Chiefs TD pass that didn't come to be. The best part though is that's not the longest one, no that'd be around 38 air yard pass you apparently conveniently forgot about. I say 38 but that's hemming it in conservatively Allen threw it around the 50 to Shakir around the 9 so it's basically a 40 yard pass.

Wow video quickly follows the 40 yard pass with a 30 yard one....and a 35 one, and another about the length of the missed KC that technically was an uncalled TD if I recall in that Chargers game. Then finishes with a 30 yard one.

You are correct that there were 3 longer completions to Shakir on the season........the longest being 30 yards from the LOS not 40 yards.    Your math is terrible and your attention span watching a 2:59 video is very poor.

But my forgetting some busted coverage plays and your subsequent exaggeration doesn't change the point in any way.    

The 3 longer throws were all wide open sideline throws........busted coverages.    

None of those were posts trying to split the safeties like they attempted on that fateful 2nd and 9.

Even the one versus the Jets that I had credited as the second longest throw.......because that one actually WAS in traffic.........was NOT that throw.   

It was a stupid time to attempt a high degree of difficulty throw that they hadn't completed all season.

Especially considering that they had failed to connect on big plays all night.

The handling/choices of 13 seconds was debatable.   All that was needed was one very SIMPLE play to be made to end that game.

2nd and 9.........not so debatable.   Even if you WIN that play.......the prior 58 minutes of that game + the Chiefs need to score a TD playing 4 down football.......well if you have any common sense whatsoever that tells you that you probably lose the game anyway.   That's the point.   They chose to turn the result of the game over to their weaknesses.......defense and special teams.......... instead of finishing it with the only thing that had gone right that day........methodical offense.

On 5/12/2024 at 10:09 AM, Maine-iac said:

I apologize if I'm reposting stuff.  Saw this and thought it was interesting.  The guy isn't a Coleman fan and it's only mini camp but I like the video thought I'd share.

Saw this the other day, granted is rookie mini camp, but the technique is there to be seen, thanks for posting this👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The 3 longer throws were all wide open sideline throws........busted coverages.

So if defenses covered him better he'd stop making those deep catches, yeah that makes sense. 🤔

Just now, Warcodered said:

So if defenses covered him better he'd stop making those deep catches, yeah that makes sense. 🤔

It takes a weakling to ignore the obviously correct point at the expense of dwelling on a very minor detail therein.   

You probably thought it was a lock that Bass was going to make that kick didn't you?:lol:

To people like you life is a tragedy. 

Posted (edited)

It takes a weakling to ignore the obviously correct point at the expense of dwelling on a very minor detail therein.   

You probably thought it was a lock that Bass was going to make that kick didn't you?:lol:

To people like you life is a tragedy. 

What correct point you talked about air yards in a previous post and then saw that it actually went against what you were talking about so said the line of scrimmage is what mattered, you have no point whatsoever.

Edited by Warcodered

On 5/12/2024 at 7:52 PM, Awwufelloff said:

Still don't like this pick at all, hope to be proven wrong.

Here is a video of all of Coleman’s targets this past season. This is video 2 on him from this guy. Video 1 goes through some of his metrics, the entire Wake Forest game and his highlights. I’d watch this one first. Fair warning, it isn’t likely to make you feel any better about him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

What correct point you talked about air yards in a previous post and then saw that it actually went against what you were talking about so said the line of scrimmage is what mattered, you have not point whatsoever.

Billions and billions of historical events - large and microscopic - have led up to this sentence right here.

• Haha (+1) 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Here is a video of all of Coleman’s targets this past season. This is video 2 on him from this guy. Video 1 goes through some of his metrics, the entire Wake Forest game and his highlights. I’d watch this one first. Fair warning, it isn’t likely to make you feel any better about him. 

"Whenever we looked at the film he's had a lot of drops"

Like, 3? Over the entire season? That was the official stat I recall. Or is he counting the passes 6 feet over his head or 8 feet behind him as drops?

Yeesh.

Edit: Ok, I'm like 4 minutes in where Keon highpoints one and it gets punched out by the safety pretty much at the apex on a helluva defensive play and this narrator is like "And it's another easy drop" follow by a diatribe about he doesn't know if Coleman can ever learn how to catch a ball. At 4:30 a late throw clearly defended by the DB and batted down is counted as another drop. This guy is a clown with an axe to grind, so keep THAT in mind before it "doesn't make you feel any better about him"... what that tape is showing me is Coleman is better than I thought and the QB play and play calling/design is ***** on a shingle.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Like, 3? Over the entire season? That was the official stat I recall. Or is he counting the passes 6 feet over his head or 8 feet behind him as drops?

Yeesh.

Edit: Ok, I'm like 4 minutes in where Keon highpoints one and it gets punched out by the safety pretty much at the apex on a helluva defensive play and this narrator is like "And it's another easy drop" follow by a diatribe about he doesn't know if Coleman can ever learn how to catch a ball. At 4:30 a late throw clearly defended by the DB and batted down is counted as another drop. This guy is a clown with an axe to grind, so keep THAT in mind before it "doesn't make you feel any better about him"... what that tape is showing me is Coleman is better than I thought and the QB play and play calling/design is ***** on a shingle.

Allen does much better leading quick receivers and good route runners vs accurate pinpoint passes. Not sure I understand what direction they’re trying to go with Coleman. Think another big int year incoming for Allen with little WR separation. The only guy I’m excited about is Kinkaid. He’ll be able to get open, but everyone else is easily covered 

Edited by Awwufelloff
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 2

8 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Yeesh.

I think “drops” is the wrong term. It’s more a case of Coleman catching a low percentage of his targets for various reasons. His QB’s accuracy was inconsistent, but I still came away very unimpressed by his performance catching the ball. Many were contested, but It’s not like DBs in the NFL aren’t going to be better than what he saw in the ACC. As for the guy doing the video, I certainly didn’t need him to tell me what I was seeing.

At least Coleman is young and flashed in college. He’s got that going for him - as well as what seems like a great attitude. But if he makes it in the NFL, then it’s going to be a process as he is nowhere near ready for it right now. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

Allen does much better leading quick receivers and good route runners vs accurate pinpoint passes. Not sure I understand what direction they’re trying to go with Coleman. Think another big int year incoming for Allen with little WR separation. The only guy I’m excited about is Kinkaid. He’ll be able to get open, but everyone else is easily covered 

I don’t think we actually know. He had some throws to Kincaid he had to go get. 

I think part of it was we haven’t had contested catch players in Buffalo as Allen developed. So when Allen was good it was all quick little shifty guys. Davis was horrible at contested catches. Davis and Diggs have had numerous one on one opportunities downfield and never really came down with it.  Maybe a couple times.

Shakir was known as a contested catch guy, even though he was smaller. One play I remember his rookie year was Allen just giving him a chance. It was a throw we don’t see Allen make often but I believe he threw it because he understood that Shakir can make that play. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Yeesh.

I've never read anywhere (else) that his hands were a problem.  So no idea why this guy decided to make that up.

11 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

Samuel won't be easily covered.

47 minutes ago, Doc said:

I've never read anywhere (else) that his hands were a problem.  So no idea why this guy decided to make that up.

Samuel won't be easily covered.

He is pretty quick, is he still 4.3 speed at this point in his career?