Who should the Bills draft at #19 (Trade)? - TSW Mock Draft 3.0

Virgil

Who should the Bills draft at #19 (Trade)?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills draft at #19 (Trade)?

• Brian Thomas Jr, WR, LSU
    • Xavier Legette, WR, South Carolina
    • Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia
    • Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas
    • Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon
    • Troy Fautanu, OT, Washington
    • Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
    • JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    • Graham Barton, C, Duke
    • Jer'Zhan Newton, DT, Illinois
    • Chop Robinson, Edge, Penn St
    • Quinyon Mitchell, DB, Toldeo
    • Terrion Arnold, DB, Alabama
    • Cooper DeJean, DB, Iowa
    • Nate Wiggins, DB, Clemson

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/24/2024 at 04:00 PM

11 minutes ago, mrags said:

That’s why you make the move for Worthy. BTJ is the smokescreen all along. It’s SPEED they want. We’ll call him The Flash. He’ll be injected with Puma sperm before every game. No DBs will have a chance at him 

I volunteer to inject Worthy with sperm. 

Oh... puma sperm you say? Meh. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, papazoid said:

several players in this mock still avail consensus rated higher than Thomas

mitchell, chop robinson, Arnold, Latham, Fautanu, DeJean

Mitchell was selected by Jax.

12 minutes ago, mrags said:

That’s why you make the move for Worthy. BTJ is the smokescreen all along. It’s SPEED they want. We’ll call him The Flash. He’ll be injected with Puma sperm before every game. No DBs will have a chance at him 

BTJ looks faster on the field than Worthy to me, especially separating deep

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

I agree. Maybe we should re-poll and ask again if anyone wants to move up. Pretty sure it would be close. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I'm betting this is a formality as the board will almost undoubtedly pile on Thomas here. My real vote would be not to move that high for any of these guys.

See Mock 1.0 and 2.0.   This is scenario 3 where the Bills trade up.  Just trying to show all perspectives and we’ve had numerous polls in favor of trading up. 

• Like (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Based on this it could be possible Brian Thomas would be available at 28 anyhow or maybe we trade up like 2-3 spots like usual to get our guy if they really did target him 

Exactly what they want other teams to think!!

• Haha (+1) 1

I wonder who is leaking all this Thomas stuff. Somebody definitely wants him to drop. To me, the labrum isn't a big deal. Also to me its the top three...then Thomas Jr. in his own class. The argument can be made that Worthy may be in his own class because he is unique. Then I think it is everybody else. 

40 minutes ago, mrags said:

Worthy is definitely the pick here. Can’t teach speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed 

42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If they trade up to #19 only Thomas makes sense to me. Because the rest are likely available at #28 or with a very small trade up. 

Yeah, I kind of feel like Worthy is more likely to drop down to 28 than Thomas is, or, as Gunner said, move up into the 24-27 range to make sure you secure him. (which fits Beane's M.O.)

14 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I wonder who is leaking all this Thomas stuff. Somebody definitely wants him to drop. To me, the labrum isn't a big deal. Also to me its the top three...then Thomas Jr. in his own class. The argument can be made that Worthy may be in his own class because he is unique. Then I think it is everybody else. 

Probably a team that legit doesn’t want BTJ because of his issues. Locker room issues. Shoulder issues. Plus I heard he punched his babysitter when he was 7

• Haha (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

BTJ looks faster on the field than Worthy to me, especially separating deep

I'm not as high on BTJ as some others are,  but I agree.   His downfield speed and ability to separate are exceptional.  I thought he and Troy Franklin were the best in that regard,  with Franklin being a guy who plays faster than that 4.41. 

I like Worthy,  but from what I've seen,  I never got the impression that he was a 4.21 guy on the field.  Fast,  but not that ridiculously fast. 

25 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I dont hate this.

When we kind of worked out the numbers, trading to the teens, it's essentially 28 and 60 or 28 and the future 2. The other pieces are ancillary, but doing this exercise it really does feel like the future 2 is there to use as fuel for the trade-up. 

I know we kind of knew this already, but grinding the numbers on the trade with Virg proved to me that this is the case. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, papazoid said:

several players in this mock still avail consensus rated higher than Thomas

mitchell, chop robinson, Arnold, Latham, Fautanu, DeJean

Latham is probably BPA.   No need to move up for this cohort as our roster stands

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Trading up 9 spots to draft Worthy?  Those voting for this option are crazy.   IMO zero chance of this happening. 

I’d take BTJ over Worthy, but Worthy’s speed definitely is a unique mismatch.  And Beane and McD always say they’re looking for mismatches.