Off Topic: Sabres rehire Lindy Ruff as Head Coach

53 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

They are a long way from building a contender

No, they're not.  They should have been in the playoffs this season; the roster is loaded with young talent and the farm system is excellent.  They need structure, discipline, and the experienced leadership of someone who knows how to get them where they want to go.

If you know Brindamour isn't leaving Carolina you are hard pressed to find a better hire for this team at this time...

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Sounds like they’re desperate. He was fired for a reason. 

Devils had 112 points last year and finished with less points than the Sabres this year. They had a ton of injuries but the goaltending was super bad.

I look at Ruff as this: a 2 year try out to get the team to the playoffs, after 2 years they'll either give him another year or so or move on but my hope is he pushes this team. They are capable of making it to the playoffs and winning a round

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

he coached 3 other teams since he last  coached the Sabres.  He was in Jersey last year.

We know this. But, he still lives in Clarence.

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Sounds like they’re desperate. He was fired for a reason. 

He's gotten two separate teams to 50 wins since he left the Sabres. He's a competent coach.

News flash, all NHL head coaches get fired frequently. 25/32 current NHL head coaches have been with their teams 2 years or less.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

sabres.thumb.jpg.fe63d2f0b668bee28783f080b943c2cd.jpg

"Man who had more career success than Sabres did without him forced to move back and clean up the sloppy mess the organization has become" is much more accurate title.  

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, dma0034 said:

Devils had 112 points last year and finished with less points than the Sabres this year. They had a ton of injuries but the goaltending was super bad.

I look at Ruff as this: a 2 year try out to get the team to the playoffs, after 2 years they'll either give him another year or so or move on but my hope is he pushes this team. They are capable of making it to the playoffs and winning a round

Who needs facts when you can make wild generalizations 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, T&C said:

We know this. But, he still lives in Clarence.

that's some commute

2 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

"Man who had more career success than Sabres did without him forced to move back and clean up the sloppy mess the organization has become" is much more accurate title.  

he was fired by 3 more  teams  since he was fired by the Sabres.....

3 hours ago, zevo said:

Who needs facts when you can make wild generalizations 

Lmao. You honestly have no idea what you are talking about... but go ahead and point out the "wild" generalizations. 

On 4/22/2024 at 5:42 PM, sleeby said:

Meh.   I seem to remember winning first period, losing second doing some lazy prevent nonsense and then losing the game.  Was glad when he was gone.

Yeah, but you remember some of those games being in the PLAYOFFS too.

13 hours ago, eball said:

No, they're not.  They should have been in the playoffs this season; the roster is loaded with young talent and the farm system is excellent.  They need structure, discipline, and the experienced leadership of someone who knows how to get them where they want to go.

If you know Brindamour isn't leaving Carolina you are hard pressed to find a better hire for this team at this time...

The team is constructed poorly.   We need grinders; tough guys that can score but also check and are capable of dropping the gloves.  We are by a mile the softest team in the league. 

• Eyeroll 1

Liked the press conference. Lindy definitely talks a good game about discipline, hard work and instilling a work ethic with the younger generation.  

He will have a more disciplined team that will win more games. Will he win us a cup?  Need more pieces added to the team before that happens.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

The team is constructed poorly.   We need grinders; tough guys that can score but also check and are capable of dropping the gloves.  We are by a mile the softest team in the league. 

This isn’t the 80s.  You can have grit without needing to be a “fighting” team.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Lmao. You honestly have no idea what you are talking about... but go ahead and point out the "wild" generalizations. 

easy there fella. My response was in regards to BillMafia716ix. 

On 4/22/2024 at 6:58 PM, SoCal Deek said:

It worked with Lou Saban….sort of. 

Lindy might be the same way. Lou came in and said "how do we have OJ, and not use him?" I'm willing to bet Lindy is feeling that way about Dahlin. 

On 4/22/2024 at 5:18 PM, Chandler#81 said:

He’s a very good coach! Granato’s forte is building young teams. Ruff’s forte is making teams tough!

I remember that hit like it was yesterday. 

On 4/22/2024 at 5:49 PM, sleeby said:

"Let me guess, you’re a fire Sean McDermott guy?"

No, but did start to see their point with how our defense plays in the final minutes of close games. 

Lindy had the Sabres lazily skating about in second quarters.  It was boring to watch and frustrating to see our lead disappear. 

Periods, they are periods.  There are 4 quarters, hockey has 3 periods.

• Like (+1) 1