Who should the Bills draft at #58? - TSW Mock Draft 2.0

Virgil

Who should the Bills draft at #58?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills draft at #58?

• Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU
    • Javon Bullard, S, Georgia
    • Kamren Kinchens, S, Miami
    • Cole Bishop, S, Utah
    • Michael Hall Jr, DT, Ohio State

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/15/2024 at 04:00 PM

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Poll selections are updated to the top 6.  

If your pick was removed, please vote again

Do you view any of the safeties available as more of FS to replace Hyde?

Kinchens seems like the cleanest projection to free safety, but I do agree that it seems too early to pick him here, based on his athletic limitations. 

If the Bills could get a Bullard/Bullock/Bishop here and then a Kinchens later on -- though I have no idea whether they'd double dip at safety -- that might be the most deal outcome. Let a new safety duo up to grow together for the next four years.

I'll also admit to being completely amateur at this, and having a fairly rudimentary knowledge of the draftable players and the minutiae of the Bills defensive scheme. I'm no football savant. Just a dude on a message board with opinions based on limited information.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3

Kam Kinchens makes alot of sense.  Playmaker, College FB coach on staff, could be a starting FS immediately.

Best thing is we brought in a college DB coach.  Who will be very familiar with players not only on Miami, but others in college football.

Rd 2 pick needs to be a starter and impact player, and this checks the box.  We need a FS with range and playmaking ability.  Kam also brings position flex, dropping into the box/blitzing, and can drop down into the slot.  His 40 time isn't indicative of his on field instincts/playing speed

15 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’d be fine with Saumataia if he could start at RG this season. Then, depending on how he pans out, kick him out out RT if we lose Brown.  

Curious why you say RG? I would figure you see Torrence moving to LG in that scenario? Thought he looked good at RG next to Brown. 

19 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

So trade back wasn't really ideal 

It was too far.  Ideally,  you wouldn't trade down more spots than there are guys acceptable to draft while at 28.  That guarantees at least one will be there.   

I don't think I'd drop below Washington at 36 on the first trade down and even that is a bit more risky than I'd like. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Out of this list I'm taking Kingsley Suamataia. This draft is strong at OT so we should try to spend a top 100 pick on one if possible. He also jumps out as someone that probably could have gone 20 picks higher and no one would have batted an eye. He is raw but has great physical traits (9.35 RAS score) and doesn't have to be rushed into a starting role. Ideally he would take over for Spencer Brown in 2025, meaning we would get a comp pick back for Brown and spend his cap space on more meaningful positions. Theoretically it's a good pick for value and long term team building.

If we’re not going with any of the many good WRs still available (Tez, Wilson, Polk, Burton, Rice), then yes we need to go BPA and take Suamataia. No need to spend high draft capital on safety. It’s one of the cheapest positions to get in free agency. Draft premium positions early and often and this class is loaded with WR and Olinemen (expensive positions to replace)

22 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

If these were the actual choices on the day I would not be happy …

We actually moved up two picks here. This gives us an idea of what is available at 60. If we wait on a WR it’s like polk, Tez Walker and Roman Wilson left. If up wait for OL, DL whatever, it’s pretty slim. This is a weak draft. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If anything, this exercise has only fueled my desire to do something big like trade up to 6 for Nabers.

If one of the top 3 WRs drops out of the top 10 and it only costs us next years first rounder on top of pick 28 to get him then I’m definitely on board. I don’t want to give up any draft equity in this years class, it’s too good

46 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Curious why you say RG? I would figure you see Torrence moving to LG in that scenario? Thought he looked good at RG next to Brown. 

Just where McGovern was.  No real thought beyond that 

• Like (+1) 1

Much would have rather tried to trade uo for Sweat here. Wouldn’t have taken much to go up a few spots. It’s a shame really. 

with the group of guys left I’d much rather double dip on WR at this point and go with Polk here. If we can’t add him to this list I’d say Kinchens, Bishop, or Bullard probably the best bet.

3 hours ago, H2o said:

The way this draft has played out has not gone well for the Bills.

Yea I’m no longer good with trading back - too far.  

But I’m reaching a decision on what I’d do and who I’d pick.   

52 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

We actually moved up two picks here. This gives us an idea of what is available at 60. If we wait on a WR it’s like polk, Tez Walker and Roman Wilson left. If up wait for OL, DL whatever, it’s pretty slim. This is a weak draft. 

I have said before that the draft is weak at the end of the second …. Polk might be ok here …not the other two at 60…

I’m a fan for a move up from 60 way more than 28..

I actually think there is good value in rounds 4-5 at OL, S ,CB, RB…

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Out of this list I'm taking Kingsley Suamataia. This draft is strong at OT so we should try to spend a top 100 pick on one if possible. He also jumps out as someone that probably could have gone 20 picks higher and no one would have batted an eye. He is raw but has great physical traits (9.35 RAS score) and doesn't have to be rushed into a starting role. Ideally he would take over for Spencer Brown in 2025, meaning we would get a comp pick back for Brown and spend his cap space on more meaningful positions. Theoretically it's a good pick for value and long term team building.

Agree. I think he is "only" a right tackle. His left tackle film is bad. But I think of that list you draft him, sit him and let Spencer walk (or tag and trade if he has an outstanding year) after the season with the idea that he starts in 2025. It's a save cap space for next year pick essentially.

3 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Cole Bishop is better than Javon Bullard, Yea I said it.

I'd take Jaden Hicks over both of them for the Bills D. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Nubin is the best fit for our defense IMO. After him I actually really like Jaden Hicks. He does all the things we ask our safeties to do and I really like the ball skills and IQ. 2nd round feels too

early. 

Agree. He is the cleanest projection into our scheme IMO. But I have all of those safeties after Nubin kinda clustered. Bullock is my #2 and is in this kinda range but then I have Hicks, Bishop, Bullard, Demerson-Taylor all sort of together as 3rd round grades. The issue I think is that they will likely all be gone before the end of round 4 when the Bills next go on the clock. 

If the Bills want to take a safety here in a scenario like this they should go back into the early 3rd and pick up a future pick or two. 

8 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I went Hall, he is a really good fit. Otherwise I would have gone Patrick Paul. I think he is much better than the BYU tackle. JMO

He is a potential left tackle so I can see the value argument for that. I have Paul a point higher on my board for that reason alone. Was the Yale kid on the longer shortlist before we started cutting down? I think I like him more than both (although based on less info).

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree. I think he is "only" a right tackle. His left tackle film is bad. But I think of that list you draft him, sit him and let Spencer walk (or tag and trade if he has an outstanding year) after the season with the idea that he starts in 2025. It's a save cap space for next year pick essentially.

I'd take Jaden Hicks over both of them for the Bills D. 

I was also wondering why Hicks wasn’t on the board.