NFL draft rumors 2024

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Re: the Leggette situation where he said he was going to be drafted by the Panthers. Teams tell TONS of players they're getting him. Gronk said a bunch of teams said they were going to get him and passed, for example.

Yeah teams say that to players just to gauge their reactions, it doesn't really mean anything.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I would hate this trade.  2 1sts and 2 2nds for one non-QB?  No thank you.

Not only that, but the Vikings can offer two first THIS YEAR to go up and get a QB so our offer wouldn't be enough. This is a no on both sides.

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

In Round 2 I hope otherwise Jerrah and company going to be over drafting by a long shot. 

Yes I misread the rumor I was reading!  That is why I deleted it.

My understanding is they are after a tackle in the first round

8 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

In Round 2 I hope otherwise Jerrah and company going to be over drafting by a long shot. 

I’ll be honest, outside of last year with Mazi Smith(jury still out) Jerry and his scouting staff has done a pretty solid job at drafting 

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I’ll be honest, outside of last year with Mazi Smith(jury still out) Jerry and his scouting staff has done a pretty damn good job at drafting 

they have been good with 1st round picks since Garrett was hired. They struggle with the rest of their drafts really, especially the second round.

Ian Rapoport on X: "🚨 🚨 🚨 Former #Jets starting QB and No. 2 pick Zach Wilson is on the move. Sources say he’s being traded to the #Broncos, hoping for a fresh start. The deal includes a late-round pick swap (6th for a 7th) and NYJ will pay some of Wilson’s roughly $5.5M salary. https://t.co/7Y1KShZ3sg" / X (twitter.com)

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Ian Rapoport on X: "🚨 🚨 🚨 Former #Jets starting QB and No. 2 pick Zach Wilson is on the move. Sources say he’s being traded to the #Broncos, hoping for a fresh start. The deal includes a late-round pick swap (6th for a 7th) and NYJ will pay some of Wilson’s roughly $5.5M salary. https://t.co/7Y1KShZ3sg" / X (twitter.com)

They were talking about this on OBL.  Brownie and Tasker both said the Jets would be lucky to get anything for him and then floated Denver as the likely taker since all they have is Stidham and Ben Dinucci.  So...they called it.

2 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I would hate this trade.  2 1sts and 2 2nds for one non-QB?  No thank you.

Shiny object though.

59 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

What do you suppose are the chances we are one of the teams interested in #4 

image.gif.ede80ac2972e22c0be114a0ee44879b1.gif

4 minutes ago, LEBills said:

off the field injury concern?

that is a really weird way of stating whatever he is hearing....is there an injury concern or is there an off the field concern?

Is he like a guy that climbs mountains with no safety?

One Bills live said today that BTJ has a torn labrum.  Is this what they are talking about?

• Like (+1) 1

Lots of good stuff from Albert Breer of SI: https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/04/022/takeaways-nfl-draft-latest-buzz-rumors-medicals

"• Both of LSU’s star receivers, Brian Thomas Jr. and Malik Nabers, have issues with their left shoulders. The risk here is considered relatively minimal—in both cases, there’s a chance the player may have to have the shoulder surgically repaired after the 2024 season. Bryan Bresee, the Saints’ first-round pick last year, had a similar situation with his shoulder coming into the draft last year."

Shades of Shaq Lawson in 2016?

• Like (+1) 5