2024 Masters Tournament

T&C

I’ll take Jon Rahm.   🤷‍♂️

Walking that course a few years ago on a Thursday was surreal. I recently saw they play the women’s amateur tournament there or something (no sound in a bar for lunch). THAT would be the way I’d like to see that course, with fewer people. Yeah, it was cool when Tiger walked past with the crowd and energy, but the magic is in the golf course. Television does not begin to convey the extreme topography. It’s much more than tricky greens. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ll take Jon Rahm.   🤷‍♂️

Walking that course a few years ago on a Thursday was surreal. I recently saw they play the women’s amateur tournament there or something (no sound in a bar for lunch). THAT would be the way I’d like to see that course, with fewer people. Yeah, it was cool when Tiger walked past with the crowd and energy, but the magic is in the golf course. Television does not begin to convey the extreme topography. It’s much more than tricky greens. 

Pretty sure it's going to be delayed so a Sunday finish could be a little dicey. Have never been there but yeah I'm sure it's a small paradise in person. Closest I ever got was being stationed at Ft. Gordon lol.

"According to Weather.com, Thursday calls for morning thunderstorms, a 100 percent chance of rain and winds hovering between 15 and 25 mph, including the potential for strong gusty winds in the Augusta, Ga., area. 

The hour-by-hour forecast says there’s about a 50 percent chance of showers beginning around midnight on Wednesday. The chance of rain slowly increases on Thursday morning, with the forecast escalating to thunderstorms and a 99 percent chance of rain by 5 a.m. Thursday.

Thunderstorms, a strong chance of rain and wind around 16-18 mph are present until about 11 a.m., when the forecast begins to improve. After 2 p.m., the rest of the day will be partly cloudy, with little chance of rain and winds around 17 mph."

https://golf.com/news/masters-weather-thursday-storm-threatens-delay/

10 minutes ago, T&C said:

Pretty sure it's going to be delayed so a Sunday finish could be a little dicey. Have never been there but yeah I'm sure it's a small paradise in person. Closest I ever got was being stationed at Ft. Gordon lol.

"According to Weather.com, Thursday calls for morning thunderstorms, a 100 percent chance of rain and winds hovering between 15 and 25 mph, including the potential for strong gusty winds in the Augusta, Ga., area. 

The hour-by-hour forecast says there’s about a 50 percent chance of showers beginning around midnight on Wednesday. The chance of rain slowly increases on Thursday morning, with the forecast escalating to thunderstorms and a 99 percent chance of rain by 5 a.m. Thursday.

Thunderstorms, a strong chance of rain and wind around 16-18 mph are present until about 11 a.m., when the forecast begins to improve. After 2 p.m., the rest of the day will be partly cloudy, with little chance of rain and winds around 17 mph."

https://golf.com/news/masters-weather-thursday-storm-threatens-delay/

That’s is probably MY weather report, just a half hour earlier. 

5 hours ago, BuffaloBud said:

I’ve picked Scheffler, Dad picked Hovland.  My dark horse is Lowry.

Follow up Q.  What would your champion dinner be?

Macaroni and cheese 

Did anybody else see Tiger get sandblasted in the face a while ago? That was pretty funny with the wind trying to empty that bunker!  😂 

That is basically our weather and the HOA sent landscape crews to get all the fallen branches out of everyone’s yard. I can’t IMAGINE golfing in that, but they are the best of the best. 

58 minutes ago, Augie said:

Did anybody else see Tiger get sandblasted in the face a while ago? That was pretty funny with the wind trying to empty that bunker!  😂 

That is basically our weather and the HOA sent landscape crews to get all the fallen branches out of everyone’s yard. I can’t IMAGINE golfing in that, but they are the best of the best. 

That was nuts. 

I hate golfing in windy conditions!!  People who don’t play don’t fully appreciate how hard that is. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

That was nuts. 

I hate golfing in windy conditions!!  People who don’t play don’t fully appreciate how hard that is. 

Growing up in Buffalo I remember telling my mother “I HATE WIND!”  Okay, I was young, but I had a point. Rain, cold and snow don’t mess up every sport! Try to shoot hoops, play tennis or throw a frisbee in a nasty wind! It can become comical! 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

That was nuts. 

Projected cut keeps going up, I would say due to the wind=rotten scores... it's at +5 now. My man Phil is done for the day at +3 so he should be playing this weekend.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Augie said:

Living in a HOA is like being neutered... freedom is lost.

8 hours ago, T&C said:

Living in a HOA is like being neutered... freedom is lost.

I don’t have to put up with your “freedom” (a/k/a “crap”) across the street. It works great for us. 

15 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

That was nuts. 

I am glad for it.

Half the field was under par after one round; that shouldn't be the case at the Masters, imo.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Simon said:

I am glad for it.

Half the field was under par after one round; that shouldn't be the case at the Masters, imo.

I don't mind some scoring at the Masters, I like seeing them battle it out. If it was the US Open I’d agree. 

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Tiger 5 over today.

On the front side. :o

Up to +10 now, but he made the cut keeping his streak intact. 

Shot tracker changed the viewing of golf completely. 

On 4/13/2024 at 3:10 PM, Simon said:

Tiger 5 over today.

On the front side. :o

I was very happy to see him make the cut. 

I never gave a crap about golf before Tiger hit the scene.

Now I’m donating money to gold pools!! 

I know very little about golf, but I placed a bet on Scheffler to win and cashed.  Also had Homa and Aberg bet to win, and also Cam Smith to finish top 10 (which also cashed).  I think I bet $35 and won ~$145.  

Anyway, I watched pretty much all weekend long.  It was very entertaining.  Although my wife was pissed bc I never watch golf.  

22 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I know very little about golf, but I placed a bet on Scheffler to win and cashed.  Also had Homa and Aberg bet to win, and also Cam Smith to finish top 10 (which also cashed).  I think I bet $35 and won ~$145.  

Anyway, I watched pretty much all weekend long.  It was very entertaining.  Although my wife was pissed bc I never watch golf.  

Treat your wife to a nice dinner with your winnings.  Maybe then she'll be more interested with golf.  This works for me and my much better half.